Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > WANTED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WANTED or Not...Here It Comes!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WANTED or Not...Here It Comes!!
    Posted: December 09 2008 at 11:40pm

Originally posted by movieman

Didn't we have that category a few years ago; wasn't it titled "Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie"? And no, I would not recommend it for any category, especially in the year of Meet The Spartans and Disaster Movie.

1. Yes, there was an award catagory of that title a few years back.

2. Don't forget "In The Name OF The King" and "Postal." I swear, if Boll and Seltzerberg get away Razzie free this year, I'm going to need a detailed list of the reasons why that happened.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 1:45pm
Exactly, and when I called it "brainless" and "heartless", I meant that in order
to enjoy the movie, you had to be able to put your logic and sensitivity
aside so you can enjoy the ludicrously over-the-top action scenes.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 1:01pm
I gave it 60%.I'm embarrased of that because I gave 30% to SHOOT 'EM UP.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Vits

I gave it 60%.I'm embarrased of that because I gave 30% to SHOOT 'EM UP.
I really wish you and MWG would use something like grades between A+ to F- or ratings using 5 stars or something. I find ratings by IMDb and RT aren't helpful (IMDb = tens stars is too high, RT = I convert % to GPA letters anyway). At least people universally understand GPA letters and number amount of stars.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 4:44pm
I gave it *** or C,and * or F to SHOOT 'EM UP.I use those in my full reviews.I tell you ratings because I thought it was more specific.Not to mention not everybody here is from the U.S.,and they may not know your letter grades.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Vits

I gave it *** or C,and * or F to SHOOT 'EM UP.I use those in my full reviews.I tell you ratings because I thought it was more specific.Not to mention not everybody here is from the U.S.,and they may not know your letter grades.
Okay, stars works best then. I always convert % into GPA letters, because that is what I was taught.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:57pm

I read the graphic novel a few years ago and it's pretty bad. Wesley in the comics is one of the most repulsive characters I've ever seen; he shots an old man for no reason, kills a bunch of cops out of boredom and rapes a lot of women. Also, Christopher Reevs jokes. Writer Mark Millar is a hack; the only good thing he's ever written was Superman: Red Son. Ignoring most of the comic was the right thing to do*.

*Same with Kick Ass.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123