Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > THE FOG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

We Haven’t got the FOGgiest Notion...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Haven’t got the FOGgiest Notion...
    Posted: October 14 2005 at 2:19am

We are, of course, poised to RAZZ any movie that 1) Opens with NO Press Screenings 2) Has as the biggest brag line on its ads "From the director of STIGMATA" and 3) Features a Poster Graphic that looks more like an ad for Vicks Vapo-Rub than something scary. So, what are you waiting for -- Don't wait 'till THE FOG clears...Get RAZZin' !!!

Buy the The Fog Movie Poster

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 6:34pm

No it's not a movie about a gay dog. Why are they remaking every John Carpenter movie ever made? What's next?

It pains me to think it... not THE THING!

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 2:01pm
What's next? Well there was that Elvis movie Carpenter did with Kurt
Russell
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 6:50pm
Yeah, "This is Elvis." Made for tv.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2005 at 8:03pm
Oh man, THE FOG has garnered a whopping 8% at Rotten Tomatoes. That is really bad, Not even ALEXANDER got down to single digits!

- Joe Queenan

Frigidus View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Frigidus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 1:05pm

I sometimes wish good movies, as opposed to mediocre ones, be remade. At least they'll have some entertainment value.

The only one who can size a movie up by its trailer.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 7:39am
Originally posted by deadguy76

No it's not a movie about a gay dog. 

"Ok sparky, don't be gay. Don't be gay sparky!" Gotta love South Park.

- Joe Queenan

thorshammer View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote thorshammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:07am
This was pretty bad.  Alright, very bad.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:29am

I've just seen the unrated version, and this was a movie that entertained...during the second half. It actually has a good plot, but it got me confused. The effects and kills were creative.

I don't know why people hate it...it was pretty decent.

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 4:01am
The original came on T.V. not a while ago and it reminded of how bad the remake was. As a matter of fact, I didn't even remember the remake until I watched the original. The same goes for "The Amittyville Horror", "When A Stranger Calls", "The Hills Have Eyes", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "The Grudge", "The Hitcher", "Wicker Man", and "Black Christmas".
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 1:18pm
The poster does kind of look like Sparky. God, I (EXPLETIVE) love "South Park"! My favorite was "D-Yikes".
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 6:19pm
I just re-watched after many years. I know you don't like discussing why certain movies weren't nominated. But this is the definition of a "Razzie-baiter": A silly premise*; boring story and characters; bad acting all around, including small roles (specially the actress playing Selma Blair's mom); unintentional funny moments (like Maggie Grace being yelled at by the priest, and also her being kissed by the ghost); an atmosphere that's only suspenseful when the script says "Something scary will happen now", and therefore, not scary; a confusing ending. I give it a 0/10.

*I would've prefered what THE SIMPSONS did in a Halloween special: a fog that turns people inside out. No, really. That's a much scarier thought.
Originally posted by deadguy76

Why are they remaking every John Carpenter movie ever made? What's next?

It pains me to think it... not THE THING!

Sigh...

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply