Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

We Suggest You See No EVIL...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Suggest You See No EVIL...
    Posted: September 10 2010 at 12:32am
*Do video-game-to-movie adaptations ever have any potential?

I did kinda like Silent Hill, Even though it had a few glaring problems, mainly dialogue. I do think a Halo movie would be amazing, especially if it had this kind of intensity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iXs01piok

I also wouldn't mind a Mass Effect and/or Shadow of the Colossus movie if placed in the right hands, unfortunately that never happens.

Congrats on the 100th post. But what this gamer is saying is what all fans of the game think. He's just telling it like it is, because it's the truth. There is no Alice in the game, and these movies have been a joke since day one. They have been nothing but star vehicles for Milla Jovovich and an excuse for Paul Worthless S*** Anderson to have steay work. Yeah, Milla, "Resident Evil" was an "underground" game. Nah, chances are if Hollywood is making a movie of it, it's because it was selling units in the millions BEFOREHAND.

PREACHER PREACH! That's exactly how i feel, they didn't respect the story, got the tone WAY wrong and just made it mind numbingly stupid. I'm all for turning your brain off once in awhile, but these movies are insulting, if there's any movie that can unseat Grown Ups off my list as worst movie of the year, it would be this one.

BTW, Burn: By chance are you a gamer, and if so do you play X-box live?

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 12:34am
Holy crap...  Head-Razz I just had an amazing idea for a new category this year, screw "worst ensemble cast" and "worst excuse for a rom-com". Let's try The "You Raped my Eye Award" for worst 3d Movie... or something like that, there are plenty of nominees to chose from and even more on their way. And it would get this movie (and Clash of the Titans) on the Nominating Ballot for sure.

Also, kind of off topic but i used to watch this show called X-Play alot and they did a thing on video game movies. It was pretty funny, and the Ah-Nnuld impersonator always cracked me up:  

http://g4tv.com/videos/15396/X-Plays-I-Have-A-Dreamcast/

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, among the special categories under already consider for this year is what we're calling Worst Eye-Gouging Use of 3-D. Here's a LINK to a Forum Poll we conducted earlier this year on the subject of special categories for The 31st Annual RAZZIES, in which the "3-D" concept came in a strong second to Worst Excuse for a Rom-/Com...  

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 1:30am
Let me say this first: 

I am not a fan of the "Reident Evil" video games, and that of course does'nt mean I like the movies.

Unfortunately, I have seen all three previous movies, and they have gotten progressively worse after each one. If I had to say which was the worst, then I would say the third..it is a steaming pile of horse manure (with apologies to all horses and manure piles!). At least the first was somewhat "so-bad-it's-good," but the second and third have no redeeming features at all.

So, by my reckoning, the fourth installment in this lovely series is going to be the worst.
I'm kind of surprised they have lasted this long, since they haven't made that much money...  

I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 7:08am
Ensemble Cast, 3-D, Remakes/Reboots, maybe we can have an award category for every Hollywood fad!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And a ceremony every bit as overlong and dull as The Oscars®!  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 7:10am

Case in point: zombie blood from the very first movie. It's already dried up, but it can still bleed out the body. WTF!!!???

Oh, and I'm a causal gamer, and while I do own an XBox 360, I do not use the XBox Live feature. 

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

PREACHER PREACH! That's exactly how i feel, they didn't respect the story, got the tone WAY wrong and just made it mind numbingly stupid. I'm all for turning your brain off once in awhile, but these movies are insulting, if there's any movie that can unseat Grown Ups off my list as worst movie of the year, it would be this one.

BTW, Burn by chance are you a gamer, and if so do you play X-box live? 

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
aqua mailman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 9:14am

Went on IMDB and searched it. It was called "Degeneration." Im accually suprised that it was theatrical release, when BHB said CGI movie, I was expecting straight-to-DVD...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 10:44am
I like this version of the trailer because it's so to the point.

Sums up the entire movie quite nicely.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Ensemble Cast, 3-D, Remakes/Reboots, maybe we can have an award category for every Hollywood fad!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: And a ceremony every bit as overlong and dull as The Oscars®!  

Well, that's what happens when you try to cover all bases. 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 11:29am
I looked up Degeneration, and it was a Japanese Computer Graphics film. It wasn't quite live action. So Afterlife is still the 4th in the regular series of Resident Evil films.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 12:43pm
Yeah, but if you want to see a good "RE" movie, then rent Degeneration.
CobraSwamp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CobraSwamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 4:17am
Well, I just finished watching Tomorrow, and, trust me, although someone dying makes me kinda queasy, (Note "The Man Gets Shot In The Head" Scene), I was thankful I wasn't watching Afterlife.

P.S: I live in Australia, the same location as the Country and the Book of the same name!
YES, I'm a Cobra, and YES, I take a BITE outta movies!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 12:28pm
Sadly, the movie was #1 at the B.O. this weekend. Wow, video game fans are easily sold to!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 1:44pm

Another huge mystery is the Rotten Tomatoes ratings. On September 11... amongst higher critics, one in 7 thought it was okay while the other 6 hated it. With the lower level critics, it's vice versa.

UPDATE: As of September 12, apparently the ratio for lower level critics is down to: 3 like it for every 1 who dislikes it instead of 6 to 1.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 2:41pm
I guess some critics actually like seeing Milla Jovovich aimlessly running and gunning.  

BTW: There is no such thing as a kind and loving God ... because there's already news that there will be a 5th Resident Evil movie!!!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 8:33pm
That's what Kyle Broflovski said when he got a hemorrhoid and Cartman got his own amusement park. At least it'll be more fodder for Razzie cannons!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2010 at 4:54am
True, but still, 5 movies?! We all know the 4th installment of most movie series sucks, but most series don't reach a 5th -- by that time, it's just going through the motions.  
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2010 at 7:28am
I'm surprised this didn't go straight-to-DVD.  Guess the RE movies must be making enough money at the theatres to make it worth it.  Of course, DVD sales are lagging nowadays, so maybe going straight-to-DVD is so dicy that we won't be seeing that as much anymore...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>