Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

We Suggest You See No EVIL...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Suggest You See No EVIL...
    Posted: September 06 2010 at 10:20am
HOLLYWOOD's FIXATION on the USE of 3-D SIMPLY for the SAKE of USING 3-D REACHED ITS APEX (OR SHOULD THAT BE NADIR?) with RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE, an UN-NECESSARY 4th ENTRY in the SERIES WHICH WAS CLEARLY MADE SOLELY to EXPLOIT the CURRENT 3-D CRAZE -- OH, and to COLLECT MORE of the $2-$4 SURCHARGES THEY GET for THOSE HEADACHE-INDUCING 3-D GLASSES!   

STILLS from the FILM (LINK) PROMINENTLY FEATURED OVER-SIZED GUNS AIMED at the CAMERA LENS, WELL-ENDOWED FEMALE CHARACTERS in PUSH-UP BRAs and OTHER TIP-OFFs THAT the FILM-MAKERS THOUGHT 3-D ALONE WAS ENOUGH to JUSTIFY RE-VISITING a WELL THAT HAS ALREADY PRODUCED 3 PREVIOUS POORLY-REVIEWED (and NOT TERRIBLY LARGE-GROSSING) MOVIES. 

WHEN YOU FACTOR in THAT RE/3-D TOP-LINES 3-TIME PREVIOUS RAZZIE® NOMINEE MILLA JOVOVICH,  YOU'VE GOT a PACKAGE OUR VOTING MEMBERS MAY NOT BE ABLE to RESIST. 

FEEL WELCOME to DO YOUR EVIL BEST BELOW to EXPRESS ANY "AFTER-THOUGHTS" YOU MAY HAVE on the SUBJECT... 

EVIL DUDE: "Man, these 3-D glasses can rilly EFF-up 
yer eyes!!"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 10:43am

I know the RAZZIES considered all 3 previous Resident Evil movies for their awards for '002, '004, and '007. I thought Apocalypse was the worst of those 3, and I regret not putting Extinction on my Worst List for '007. 

And now it's come to Afterlife. Considering the poor reviews on the previous three, I don't see how this is going to be any better... but how bad will the reviews be? Alas, I'll still be surprised if this gets an actual nominations.  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 12:20pm
Okay, so this movie seems to be made up entirely of weapons being thrown towards the camera for cheap 3-D thrills. Not to mention this is the 4th installment of the series (and we all know how good fourth installments are!). And, on top of all that, if you recall from the last "R.E." movie, there's going to be a small army of Milla Jovovich clones in this movie because, I don't know, the producers thought one Milla with her 1-D acting wasn't enough -- we needed more of her. 

Hey, maybe that's why the movie had to shot in 3-D -- to make up for all the characters being so 1-Dimensional!  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 9:16pm

This film may look bad, but it doesn't compare to the worst film coming out next week ('Devil').

And Burn, that's cold and harsh, but it's not funny.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 11:24pm

I can sum this movie up in a few sounds and actions:

Bang bang, somebody dies, bang bang, somebody dies, a cameraman shouting 'Who needs charachter development when you have fighting and pointless CGI?', bang bang, another sh*t load of people die, bang bang, fight the villain, bang bang, hero walks away, Paul W.S Anderson shouting 'BRING ON THE SEQUEL!'
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 5:01am
Oh no, I wasn't being "cold and harsh" I think it's laugh out loud funny, because it's so true! Come on, have you seen any of these movies? Anyone on-screen who isn't Milla Jovovich is automatically just another number for the body count. And this is the 4th movie of the series and we STILL know NOTHING about Milla's character, not even her last name. Yeah, 1-D to say the least! 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Burn, that's cold and harsh, but it's not funny.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 5:02am
Summary of this movie? You just summed up this ENTIRE "R E" SERIES! I wouldn't be surprised is that's the exact same plotline that Paul Worthless S*** Anderson pitches to the studio every two or three years!  

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Bang bang, somebody dies, bang bang, somebody dies, a cameraman shouting 'Who needs charachter development when you have fighting and pointless CGI?', bang bang, another sh*t load of people die, bang bang, fight the villain, bang bang, hero walks away, Paul W.S Anderson shouting 'BRING ON THE SEQUAL!'
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 7:54am
I saw Resident Evil: Extinction, and I'm curious as to how continuity between the two movies is going to work out. 

First, she has an army of a hundred or so clones of herself after Extinction.  If those 100+ clones have screen time, does that mean if we nominate her, it counts 100+ times? . . .

Second, the trailer she is going to Alaska, which is where the band of remaining humans were told to go. 

Third, I thought the corporation was located in Tokyo in Extinction.  The trailer makes it seem it is suddenly located in Los Angeles.

Fourth, it's everything that FRR and BHB said it is.  If you're not Milla Jovovich's Alice, you're lucky to make it to the next movie.  If you are Milla Jovovich's Alice, you are two dimensional, and we have no feel for who you are as a person, let alone anyone else in the film.  It's a video game adaptation, so it has the depth of a badly written hack-and-slash, bang/boom video game.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 5:06pm
I've noticed that the plot-holes in the "RE" movies are just as Grand-Canyon-sized as the plot-holes in between the recent "Star Wars" prequels and the original movies. 

But then again, if you're willing to pay to see Milla Jovovich running around and shooting everything in sight, you probably don't give a s*** about plot-lines!!  
CobraSwamp View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CobraSwamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 12:05am
This is my first post  here on Razzies.com, and need I say, HeadRazz, you're right about Resident Evil: Afterlife. It is too late to cash in on the 3-D. Just ask the creators of Piranha 3-D. It's a good movie (by the looks of it) but, It was just too late! (Unless you made a movie, a-la Despicable Me-or-any-other-good-ish 3-D movie!) 

Anyhoo, I'm going to watch Tomorrow, When The War Began on the Weekend, and it AIN'T 3-D! (Thank Darnly!) Hope you make me feel welcome! 

(P.S: Once, I was bashed on a Virtual Pet site, and taking it out on crap like this!)  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Welcome aboard, CobraSwamp. Thanx for the interest and support and...ENJOY!!  

YES, I'm a Cobra, and YES, I take a BITE outta movies!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 11:22am
I have even read that many consumer surveys are saying that only 12% of consumers are interested in buying 3-D TVs. Let's hope this fad is already running out of steam!  

Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 1:38pm
Hey Miguel, if you think Burn was "cold and heartless," wait till you read this! As a gamer who absolutely loves the Resident Evil game series, I can think of nothing good that will come from this movie. Here are my reasons why:  

1. WHO THE f**k IS ALICE! YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THE GAME!
2. Milla Jovavich is a sh*tty actress, and Paul ws Anderson is a sh*tty director -  nuff said.  
3. Each movie has been one steaming pile of moose sh*t after another
4. The trailer doesn't even look good, it tries to be cool, but it just looks cheesy and dumb...FAIL!
5. WHO THE f**k IS ALICE... SERIOUSLY! 

I may sound harsh in prejudging this film, but to be fair I'm only basing my opinion on how insanely bad all the other movies were. And on a slightly off topic side note, Milla Jovavich once said in an interview that she took an underground game (Resident Evil) and made it a big name 'cause of her movies... burn in hell Milla, you're an awful person. Big smile  

And on another off topic but still important note, I'M AT 100 POSTS! I"m gonna catch up yo you guys yet!
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 2:08pm

*Do video-game-to-movie adaptations ever have any potential?  

*Who the (beep) does Milla Jovovich think she is?! Claiming she singlehandedly put the Resident Evil series on the map?! If she knew anything about GameCube, she'd know that gamers (including me) hold Resident Evil 4 (the original 2005 game) as among the best of the "Decade of the 00-Agents."

*Who are people to think Milla Jovovich has any merit in her looks, good or bad, when she usually can't act?  

*Didn't Paul W. Scott-Anderson and Milla get married last year? Scott-Anderson has been a crew member in... it's now been 7 films that the RAZZIES have tagged, including 2 of the 30 worst films of 2004.   

*What's with those 4 foot long axe blades? Shouldn't those be kept to games they would fit in, and NOT brought into movies incoherently?What's with those 4 foot long axe blades? Shouldn't those be kept to games they would fit in, and NOT brought into movies incoherently?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 5:59pm
Congrats on your 100th post. But what this gamer is saying is what all fans of the game think: He's just telling it like it is, because it's the truth. There is no Alice in the game, and these movies have been a joke since day one. They have been nothing but star vehicles for Milla Jovovich and an excuse for Paul Worthless S*** Anderson to get steady work. Yeah, Milla, "Resident Evil" was an "underground" game. Nah, chances are, if Hollywood is making a movie of it, it's because it was selling units in the millions BEFOREHAND.  

aqua mailman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 6:21pm
I seem to remember that another film in this series came out last fall or so, at least, I remember ads. And it was NOT Extinction or Afterlife, it had a different title. So, isn't this the 5th installment??  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I actually went to the IMDb page for "Movie Connections" regarding this title before writing the entry that appears at the head of this Forum. Here's a LINK to that IMDb page, which lists only 3 previous RESIDENT EVIL films. 

Maybe you have confused this series with something similar??  After all, bad video-game-based movies are generic and interchangeable...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2010 at 8:13pm
Yeah, it was a CGI movie that had NOTHING to do with the Milla Jovovich movies, so this is the FOURTH movie fo the series. 

Get this, that CGI movie (looks to the left, looks to right, leans foward while covering one side of his mouth and whispers) It was actually based on the video game. 

Crazy, I know! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>