Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > 2009 YEAR-END WRAP-UP!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Whadda Year!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whadda Year!!!
    Posted: January 02 2010 at 9:36am

Here are some Razzie contenders that might fly under the radar, but still deserve a look. . .

Rachel McAdams  for her terribly miscast role in Sherlock Holmes.

Christian Bale for his surrprisingly wooden performance in Terminator: Salvation, although he didn't exactly wow anyone with Public Enemies either.

Dakota Fanning for her unnderwhelming performances in Push and New Moon.

Planet 51 for being the worst animated film of the year.

Ewan McGregor for his complete inability to fake an American accent in Amelia.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt for ruining what would have been a fantastic year for him by playing Cobra in GI Joe: Rise of Cobra.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell for managing to be one of the least talked about bad movies this year.

Robert Rodriguez for Shorts, proving once again that he should not be directing any family films (on a positive note, it was much better than The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl).

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 10:22am

People make mistakes all of the time, and I'm sure LaBute's misstep was re-making WICKER MAN. However, the film he made directly after that, LAKEVIEW TERRACE, shows he can still make great films. 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Besides the berry idea of such a rapid remake, DEATH AT A FUNERAL 2010 (IMDb LINK) has the additional RAZZIE® red flag of being directed by Neil LaBute (IMDb LINK) whose previous remake was the multiply-RAZZIE®-nominated WICKER MAN (IMDb LINK) featuring the hilarious Nicolas-Cage-in-a-Bear-Suit scene... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Michaels

Oh goodie, so "Death At A Funeral Version 0.5" will take a British comedy and replace everything with the same sterotypical, African-American themed comedy that you can see for free anytime you watch old reruns of UPN sitcoms on the BET Network, or whenever you watch any of the crap that Tyler Perry makes.

That's kinda racist, don't you think? The trailer for the film was shown before Up in the Air and the audience was laughing.
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 10:46am

Back to 2009, here are my choices for Worst Film, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, and Screen Couple:

Worst Film

All About Steve

Couples Retreat

Miss March

Saw VI

Transformers 2

Dishonorable Mention: Transylmania

Worst Actor

Gerard Butler, Gamer and Law Abiding Citizen and The Ugly Truth

Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore, Miss March

Steve Martin, Pink Panther 2

Gary Oldman, The Unborn

Vince Vaughn, Couples Retreat

Dishonorable Mention: Robert Pattinson, Little Ashes and The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Worst Actress

Sandra Bullock, All About Steve

Megan Fox, Jennifer's Body and Transformers 2

Katherine Heigl, The Ugly Truth

Kate Hudson, Bride Wars

Beyoncé Knowles, Obsessed

Dishonorable Mention: Jennifer Aniston, He's Just Not That Into You and Love Happens and Management

Worst Supporting Actor

Adam Brody, Jennifer's Body

Idris Elba, Obsessed and The Unborn

Chris Klein, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Jon Favreau, Couples Retreat

John Turturro, Transformers 2

Dishonorable Mention: Paul Giamatti, Duplicity

Worst Supporting Actress

Elizabeth Banks, The Uninvited

Kristen Bell, Couples Retreat

Rose Byrne, Knowing

Anne Hathaway, Bride Wars

Julie White, Transformers 2

Dishonorable Mention: Emily Mortimer, Pink Panther 2

Worst Screen Couple

Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart, Love Happens

Zach Cregger and Trevor Moore, Miss March

Nicholas D'Agosto and Eric Christian Olsen, Fired Up!

Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf, Transformers 2

Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway, Bride Wars

Dishonorable Mention: Jack Black and Michael Cera, Year One

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 1:47pm

I have seen plenty of all African-American cast comedies, and do believe, when you've seen one, you've seen them all. 

And no, I'm not racist, seeing as how my last three girlfriends were all African-American. 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

That's kinda racist, don't you think? The trailer for the film was shown before Up in the Air and the audience was laughing.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 1:50pm

So true, Rodriguez needs to stick to R-rated action movies. Although having to choose which was better between "Shorts" and "Sharkboy & Lavagirl" is like having to choose which side of your face you'd rather have punched in. 

Originally posted by augusta87

Robert Rodriguez for Shorts, proving once again that he should not be directing any family films (on a positive note, it was much better than The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl).

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 2:17pm

Agreed, Michaels.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 4:03am

Well, I watch a lot of African American movies, too. But I enjoy most of them. 

Originally posted by Michaels

I have seen plenty of all African-American cast comedies, and do believe, when you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 6:20am

Hey, I watch African American movies too -- but I draw the line when they have to copy and paste stale jokes over a 3 year old British movie that was fine the way it was. 

kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 12:39pm

I'd like to help to the Razzie voters with the following info, "For Your Consideration!"

Worst Picture:

Brüno
Year One
Obsessed
The Pink Panther 2.
Transformers 2: Revenge to the Fallen
Twilight Saga: New Moon

Worst Actor:

Steve Martin, The Pink Panther 2.
Sacha Baron Cohen, Brüno
Matthew McCougheney, Ghosts of Girlfrien's Past (He hasn't been a nominee before!!!)
Robert Pattinson, Twilight Saga: New Moon
Jack Black, Year One
Shia LaBeouf, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Worst Actress:

Beyoncé, Obsessed
Hayden Panettiere, I Love you Beth Cooper
Megan Fox, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Kate Hudson, Bride Wars
Jennifer Garner, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
Hilary Swank, Amelia

Worst Supporting Actor:

Taylor Lautner, Twilight Saga: New Moon
Michael Cera, Year One
Michael Douglas, Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past
Chandler Cantebury, Knowing
Jason Earles, Hannah Montana: The Movie
Marlon Wayans, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Worst Supporting Actress:

Sienna Miller, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Kelly Preston, Old Dogs

Worst Screen Couple:

Jack Black & Michael Cera, Year One
Robert Pattinson, Kristin Steward & Taylor Lautner, Twilight Saga: New Moon
Shia LaBeouf & Megan Foy, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Sacha Baron Cohen & his nuts, Brüno
Beyoncé & Idris Elba, Obsessed 

FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 4:37pm

I just got to say I really liked Year One and I am hoping it gets no razzie awards, and I havent head of anyone mention this movie yet; After Last Season - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXRD_jOO48&feature=relat ed

and below theres a clip of people who saw the film. Please give this film consideration. lmfao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA3MtmNWI_U

And then theres http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43505, check out the number one worst movie...funniest review ever. So please Razzie awards you must nominate this movie!

Here are my considerations...

WORST PICTURE/WORST DIRECTOR/WORST SCREENPLAY:

After Last Season

All About Steve

Bride Wars

C Me Dance

Land of the Lost

Love Happens

Old Dogs

Street Figher: Legend of Chun Li

Transformers 2

The Unborn (worst film of the year that ive seen!)

What Goes Up

WORST ACTOR

After Last Season- Jason Kulas (judging by the trailer and reviews i ahve read, btw please nominate this movie!)

C Me Dance- Greg Robbins

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past- Matthew Mcounahahayy?

Knowing- Nicholas Cage

Land of the Lost -Will Ferrell

Love Happens- Aaron Eckhart

Old Dogs - John Travolta

Old Dogs - Robin Williams

Paul Blart: Mall Cop- Kevin James

What Goes Up-

WORST ACTRESS

After Last Season - Peggy McClellan

All About Steve- Sandra Bullock (still love you Sandra!)

C Me Dance- Christina DeMarco

Halloween 2- Scout Taylor Compton

Jennifer's Body & Transformers 2- Megan Fox (I thought she was fine inJB, and she really didn't do anything in Transformers but this nomination is most likely going to happen)

New In Town & My One and Only - Renee Zelwegger

Street Figter: Legend of Chun Li- Kristin Kruek

The Unborn- Odette Yustman

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

After Last Season- Scott Winters

All About Steve- DJ Quails

C Me Dance- Peter Kent

GI. Joe- Joseph Gordon Levit (great actor, bad perfomance)

Hannah Montana- Billy Ray Cyrus

Street Figher: Legend of Chun Li- Chris Klein

The Unborn- Gary Oldman

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

After Last Season- Casey McDougal

C Me Dance- Laura Romeo

Halloween 2- Sheri Moon Zombie

Knowing- Rose Byrne

Obsessed- Beyonce

Watchmen- Malin Ackerman

augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2010 at 8:01pm

Your suggestion to nominate Malin Ackerman for Watchmen reminded me of another contender for Worst Screen Couple...

Billy Crudup (Dr. Manhattan) and his glowing blue penis!

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 7:12am
Originally posted by augusta87

Your suggestion to nominate Malin Ackerman for Watchmen reminded me of another contender for Worst Screen Couple...

Billy Crudup (Dr. Manhattan) and his glowing blue penis!

I have a better one. Worst Couple: The Watchmen graphic novel and the idea to make it into a movie in the first place. Seriously, H-Wood, you can't take a 6 hour long epic and try to condense it into a 2 1/2 hour long theater released movie and still think it will be good.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 2:27pm
Here is my idea: Hollywood can save a lot of time by just remaking all the movies that were made in 2009 this year. They are going to do it sooner or later anyway and the lead time seems to be shrinking. So why not shoot for the ultimate in reducto ad absurdum.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2010 at 3:41pm

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Here is my idea: Hollywood can save a lot of time by just remaking all the movies that were made in 2009 this year. They are going to do it sooner or later anyway and the lead time seems to be shrinking. So why not shoot for the ultimate in reducto ad absurdum.

True. I mean H-Wood just remade "Death At A Funeral", a movie that's only 3 years old, quite possibly the quickiest rehashing of a movie in the history of remakes! I say, why wait 3 decades to make remakes of last year's movies?

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2010 at 5:41am
I've been won over...if After Last Season isn't on the ballot, I'm writing it in. This is a steaming pile that would embarrass Ed Wood.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>