Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > NEW IN TOWN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What Does the Word NEW Have 2 to with It?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Does the Word NEW Have 2 to with It?
    Posted: May 26 2009 at 2:38am

NEARLY AS CRITICALLY REVILED (BUT NOT NEARLY AS SUCCESFUL) as FELLOW 2009 RAZZIE®-WORTHY CHICK FLICK BRIDE WARS, NEW IN TOWN WAS GREETED by AUDIENCES and CRITICS LAST JANUARY AS a TOTALLY FORGETTABLE PAINT-by-NUMBERS ROM-COM.

IT THEN LIVED DOWN to ITS LACK-of-HYPE...by BEING ALL-BUT-FORGOTTEN (BEFORE REARING ITS HOMELY HEAD on HOME VIDEO).

HOPING to ATONE for HAVING OVERLOOKED IT LAST WINTER, WE NOW ADD NEW IN TOWN to OUR ROSTER of LIKELY 2009 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS.

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER (OR MAYBE IN THIS CASE, BETTER NEVER THAN LATE?)..

Zellwegger: "Boy, they weren't kidding when they said being an Oscar®-winner and making a RAZZIE®-worthy movie carries a lot of baggage!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 10:40am

That's a bit late, don't you think?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 4:15pm
Yea, this looked pretty worthy. It seems like Bride Wars was the slightly more visible of the two. At least Anne Hathaway is smooookin hot.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 12:45am
I don't think this movie is worthy of Razzie attention. Not because it's good (which I doubt it is), but because it was SO under the radar, is it even worth bothering with now?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 12:59am
Well, if we want to keep hope alive for Razzing C Me Dance, it seems wise to keep crappers like NiT in mind.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 1:04am

I think, even if C Me Dance doesn't get nominated, it will always hold a spot in all of our hearts.

And honestly, considering how much I pay attention to the movies (there are points at which I will see 7 or 8 of the top 10) I am surprised I have heard nothing about this movie... It completely slipped past me...

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 3:36am
I remember seeing the trailer, and then immediately scrubbing it from my brain. Literally. Ouch.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 9:55am
I hope you remembered to use the steel wool to scrub it, anything less will just leave that strange caked on memory residue.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2009 at 7:18pm
My brain is now sponsored by the Dow Chemical corporation. Anytime I have a thought or a dream, that thought or dream is subjected to images of the scrubbing bubbles.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2009 at 12:17am
My little brother's brain is sponsored by Procter and Gamble... It's kinda creepy when he starts just randomly talking about the newest P&G products....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2009 at 7:06pm
He probably has that time-release acid drip thing. If I don't mention one of their fabulous products, like Fantastik, in conversation within a 20 hour time period, I get a drip started until I do. Rumor has it, that if you let the drip go on for too long, you make the movie "New in Town."
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 12:04am

You did it again! Had to bring us back to the topic. I could go off on a tangent about how I kinda sorta almost met Renee Zewlager....Zellewger....Zoolander.... whatever the hell her name is... She struck me as a very short person. Her and George Clooney both... In fact I think I have a picture of her somewhere on my Myspace page...

Mentioning her keeps us somewhat on topic, right?

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 6:11am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

At least Anne Hathaway is smooookin hot.

Amen to that, is it just me, or is Rene Zellwegger's face getting squintier by the second?

As for the plot itself, the plot was quite uneven and jumbled. For example, one scene it would
mention it being the first Friday in November, the next scene it shows the main character trying
to catch her flight home for Thanksgiving. What has happened in the weeks between? Anyway,
since her flight was canceled due to the weather, she tries to drive her way back into town and
ends up crashing her car in the snow, thus needing to be rescued by the man she is destined to
be with by the end of the story. In a scene that takes place just after New Years, she tells him, "I
never had a chance to clear the air after you rescued me"; but wait- that was Thanksgiving, over
a month ago, and since they work together they would have seen each other multiple times since
then.

Those are just some of this movie's problems, with it being a by-the-numbers chick flick. It's the
run-of-the-mill kind of bad in the usual ways. I just don't have the heart to hate it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 11:57am
By-the-numbers chick flicks are quite possibly the lowest form of entertainment, taking into account by-the-numbers horror movies and teen-sex comedies. As often as they're out lately, they may as well get their own Razzie category. But the real winner of it... would be all of them.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:26pm
I honestly don't think "all of them" would make the category very interesting... That's like turning the Razzies into some game where everyone's a winner... I'd make some politically incorrect statement here, but I think I've hit my max for the day...
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by movieman

Amen to that, is it just me, or is Rene Zellwegger's face getting squintier by the second? 

No, her face is getting weird. If you look back to her movies in 1996, she face was perfectly smooth. Around the early 2000s, it just started to squint, and now it's the mess it is today.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>