Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SLY, UWE (or SOMEONE ELSE) for OUR 2008 WORST CAREER AWARD??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

When Will Uwe Boll Get a Lifetime Award??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Will Uwe Boll Get a Lifetime Award??
    Posted: March 06 2008 at 11:55pm

After 5 really boring box office bombs in a row, don't you think Uwe Boil deserves the Lifetime Achievement Razzie Award --  before his bombs star World War 3(Hey It could happen.Nuke)

I have never seen a Uwe Boil film, and I don't know what he looks like...yet I KNOW he is The Worst Director EVER!Star

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 1:07am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We call it a Worst Career Achievement Award -- And this year, ol' Uwe's gotta stand in line. Having just seen our Awl-Time Cham-Peen Sylvester Stallone in the laughably reprehensible RAMBO, I gotta go with Sly as 2008's likeliest (and longest overdue) "winner" if we do give out this award at next Spring's 29th Annual RAZZIE® Awards...

Since Boll reportedly has two or three as-yet-unreleased movies already in the can -- and at least one of 'em's likely to be a 2009 release -- maybe Uwe could finally get his well-deserved Career RAZZIE® at our 30th Annual Awards...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Razahyder View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 5:57pm
If I am the first one to say this can I get credit if I get the Razzie membership before the 30th annual razzie awards when you give Uwe Boil the Worst Career Achievement Award?.  
Razahyder View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 10:00pm

Can't we just give both of them a Worst Career Achievement Razzie in the same year? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Our tradition is to give only a single Worst Career Achievement RAZZIE in any given year...so I guess the answer to your "loudly" stated question is...

"NO!" 

Razahyder View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 1:39am
Razahyder View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2008 at 9:53pm
WONDER if chris woods is an option
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 1:08am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Are you trying to BRIBE us into giving Uwe Boll a Worst Career Achievement RAZZIE??  First of all, if Boll is awarded one, it will be because he deserves it -- Not becuase someone posting on our Forum is offering us bux to give one to him. Secondly, we are NOT the Golden Globes committee, and are proud that we cannot be bought off. 

And thirdly...is the $1,000 negotiable?? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Razahyder View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:42am
okay
Razahyder View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razahyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:45am
So I guess I will have to wait till next year to buy the throphy suprisingly I guess 1000 dollars wasn't enough for to give Uwe boil the award this year.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 4:27pm

I still don't understand how you can compare "Rambo 4" to "In The Name Of The King". Maybe you're just out to get the Sly guy, but come on now, if anyone embodies everything wrong with Hollywood, it's Uwe Boll.

None of his movies are based on original source material, and even though they are "adaptations", they have little to nothing to do with the source material they are based on. All his actors and actresses just walk through the script to the point you can almost hear them saying "Okay, I said my lines, now give me my check so I can pay my rent". I have no idea how he gets the casts that he does. I'm pretty sure with "ITNOTK", he had everyone over for a party, spiked their drinks so they would pass out, then stripped them naked, dogpiled them on top of one another, took pictures of it, and then after they all woke up, said they must star in the movie or else he will release the pictures on the Internet. His movies barely make anything at the box office, yet he still somehow finds ways to get money to produce more movies. The plots to his movies are all random series of events that are not linked by anything. His pacing just doesn't exist at all. His fighting scenes seem made up on the spot. His props and costumes look they were borrowed from high school plays. And yet, he still doesn't get a clue and keeps making movies to the point he even mocks himself in "Postal". Do I really need to go on?

As I said before. Sly is the all time Razzie "winner" with 10 "awards". You can't dishonor the man any more. Don't give him the Life-Time Award just for the sake of it. Sure, Sly has made many a flops, but at least he was trying to make movies. Boll on the other hand just points his camera, films whatever, slaps it together, then calls it a masterpiece (seriously, listen to him rant on about his "genius" on the "Alone in the Dark" DVD commentary and you tell me he's not BEGGING us to give him 10 Razzies in one night). Do the right thing and give it to the guy who deserves it more than anyone. Give it to the guy who will actually show up and accept the award, thus making a bigger @$$ of himself. Give it to the man tailor-made for the reasons the Razzie Awards were created in the first place. Give it to the only true "genius" in this f***ed up industry. Give it to one Mister Uwe Boll.

Lwilliams View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 8:05am
As far as I can tell - you all covered everything I wanted to say about this .
Let me see, what can I add...   Hmmmm , it seems we're waiting until next year... 
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 10:25am
I think Uwe should win because his career is all but over. Sly, on the other hand, has several projects coming up, including a "Death Wish" remake and "Inglorious Bastards," directed by Tarantino.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 6:43pm

Sly is remaking Bronson's Death Wish?! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I did some research -- in truth, Stallone wants to remake DEATH WISH (and has wanted to for about 2 years - LINK). But at this time, it's only a rumored remake, with no actual deals having yet been set.

As for Quentin Tarantino's INGLORIOUS BASTARDS (IMDb LINK) while the film itself is listed as being "in production," as of May 28 of this year, Stallone was not yet attached to the project. It's unclear if this is also a remake -- of a 1978 Italian film (IMDb LINK) which had the same title in its American release...

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2008 at 3:32am

I know a common arguement here is that Sly is more famous in the mainstream than Boll, but when it comes down to who has the worst movies to his name, Boll wins hands down. Sure Sly has bad movies, but at least you can sit through them and laugh out loud to them. They are just silly guy movies meant to be watched with a group of friends with beers in hand and the sound on mute while you put words in the actors' mouths. Boll's movies on the other hand are unwatchable from the moment the opening credits end. Everything from the plot to acting to set design to costume design to editing is of even less than student film quality. It would be funny if it weren't so painful. It makes smoke come out of your ears thinking of why a man who clearly knows nothing about the art of filmmaking would be allowed to keep making movies where as any other directors whose films tanked on both a critical and commerical level would never be allowed to go near a studio owned camera ever again.

Yes movies like "Dirty Love" and "Lady In The Water" were stupid, but no where near the level of being unwatchable as "Alone In The Dark" or "BloodRayne". Both of the movies are series of random events that have much ado about nothing. The actors go through their lines with a look of pain or boredom on their faces and in their tone of voice. Are we meant to believe Tara Reid can pass for a scientist or that Ben Kingsley's talents are best used by him just sitting on a chair looking blankly at something off screen?

I already wrote an epic speech above about how it makes no sense to compare Rambo 4 to the past 7 movies Boll has made. It seems my words keep falling on deaf ears, and this Career Award will be nothing but yet another excuse to pick on Stallone. But let's get the facts straight, Boll has slipped through the Razzies' fingers time and time again when he should have clearly won. He has gone on record saying he would gladly accept the award if he won. He has been banished into making only straight to DVD movies. And video game companies are rejecting his requests for their movie rights, marking the end of his "career".

Let's face it people, Boll deserves the Razzie. He should have already been a three or four time "winner" by now. Sly is not going to show up and it won't get any more press than the first 10 times he "won". Boll will show up and whenever someone shows up to accept the "award", it gets press, like Tom Green and Halle Berry before him. So to anwser the question of this topic thread, Boll will get the Lifetime Award in Februaury of 2009.

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 11:08am
Who should "win" the worst career achievement award this year?

UWE BOLL! UWE BOLL! UWE BOLL!

Don't even mention Sly.

Boll hasn't been punished with any Razzies, yet, his name is synonymous with sht. And this year, with Seltzerberg's god awful "comedies" that should sweep the Razzies, thus leaving no room to Razzie Boll's movies that are much much worse than Rambo 4, it should be no surprise who to give the Worst Career Achievement award to.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
 Post Reply Post Reply