Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2014 RELEASES in GENERAL > DISCUSSION of CONTENDERS for MID-YEAR WORST PICTURE POLL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Where to Put Yer 2-CENTS In...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to Put Yer 2-CENTS In...
    Posted: June 07 2014 at 11:29am
I wish Winter's Take would be considered to be A Worst Picture Nominee. It's incoherent, the writing is a mess, the acting is just god awful and there are some scenes that elicit unintentional laughter.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 7:43am
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I wish Winter's Take would be considered to be A Worst Picture Nominee. It's incoherent, the writing is a mess, the acting is just god awful and there are some scenes that elicit unintentional laughter.

I agree with moviecritic1994!
And also Worst Supporting Actor for white / winged / magic / angelic / hero Horse. LOL
This film didn't  make me "angry" as I Frankenstein, but this an absurd  movie and it's  clear as the sun, ergo, it deserves a consideration...Big smile
I am an italian moviegoer
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2014 at 5:46pm
Ok, before I list my nominees, I want to make a couple of things clear.  First, here is a list of all of the 2014 films I have seen so far:

-The LEGO Movie
-Noah
-Godzilla
-300: Rise of an Empire
-X-Men: Days of Future Past
-Maleficent
-Blended
-The Legend of Hercules
-Pompeii in 3D
-I, Frankenstein

I know I have a LOT of catching up to do in terms of the really bad films, so these nominations will only be based on films that I have seen, and not films that I have simply "heard about."

Secondly, I wish to point out that the nominations listed are only made because I truly feel they are complete failures in their respective categories, and not simply "because they are bad."   Also I should note that I am considerably harsher towards films with much bigger budgets (>$100 Million) than films with smaller budgets.  With that said, My Nominees:

Worst Screen Combo
-The entire cast of The Legend of Hercules
-The Athenian Army in 300: Rise of an Empire
-Angelina Jolie and Ella Fanning in Maleficent

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel
The Legend of Hercules (Rip-off of 300, Gladiator, and Ben-Hur)
300: Rise of an Empire (Prequel and Sequel to 300)
Maleficent (Remake of Disney's Sleeping Beauty)

Worst Screenplay
Daniel Giat, Giulio Steve, Renny Harlin, Sean Hood - The Legend of Hercules
Linda Woolverton - Maleficent 

Worst Supporting Actress
Ella Fanning as Princess Aurora - Maleficent
Roxanne McKee as Queen Alcmene - The Legend of Hercules
Yvonne Strahovski as Terra Wade - I, Frankenstein

Worst Supporting Actor
Scott Adkins as King Amphitryon - The Legend of Hercules
Liam Garrigan as Iphicles - The Legend of Hercules

Worst Actress
Gaia Weiss as Hebe - The Legend of Hercules

Worst Actor
Kellen Lutz as Hercules/Alcides - The Legend of Hercules
Sullivan Stapleton as Themistocles - 300: Rise of an Empire

Worst Director
Robert Stromberg - Maleficent
Renny Harlin - The Legend of Hercules

Worst Picture
The Legend of Hercules
300: Rise of an Empire
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2014 at 5:55pm
Also, Here is a list of upcoming films that I think could present themselves as Razzie nominees (films in bold are potential Worst Picture nominees):

06/27 - Transformers: Age of Extinction
07/18 - Planes: Fire & Rescue
07/18 - The Purge: Anarchy
08/08 - Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles
09/19 - The Principle
10/03 - Left Behind
10/24 - Paranomal Activity 5

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2014 at 8:17pm
I'm surprised you didn't think Pompeii was bad enough. Even though it represents a culture that was alive a few millenniums ago, some people thought it was as offensive as Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 12:20am
I repeat ..."Divergent", even that film would have deserved greater consideration. Wink 
I see , but "Maleficent"  is a very weird film : on the one hand we have those who "shout out" to the masterpiece, turn the corner and instead we have those who would destroy it with all his might! It's splitting opinion, it 's still diffcult to pin down, I did not feel to propose it, for now ...!

However...
The following is a partial list of the scenes or the ugliest things appeared in the films of the "dirty dozen" of the first part of this year : 
- The Virtual Johnny Depp dozing in a poor  tablet in "Transcendence".
- The new incoherent "pantheon" of horrific fictional characters in "Legend of Oz: Dorothy's return". 
- The pathos of the special effects that gave birth to the "white hero horse"  in "Winter's Tale". 
- Elizabeth Banks's  bananas dress and thighs made of hot dog in the movie poster of  "Walk of shame". 
- The disgusting, contrived and childish fights between demons and gargoyles in "I Frankenstein" 
- The caramel volcanic magma in the final action scenes of the movie "Pompeii". 
- The stunts fiction worthy of the Enterprise realized  in the non-masterpiece "Need for speed" 

Big smileBig smileBig smile

Behold, I will stop here, if you want to add more , as well as tips on film required in the discussion.
I am an italian moviegoer
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 1:30pm
I wonder if Lady Gaga will get her second razzie nom in a row 

What's so funny about changing the title's name for "TOO" instead of "2"? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12