Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Which is Worse: LONELY LADY or HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Which is Worse: LONELY LADY or HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is Worse: LONELY LADY or HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE
    Posted: November 22 2013 at 6:03pm
Here is my review for The Hottie & The Nottie... 

And my review for The Lonely Lady.

I would like to hear your thoughts on both films, and seek your answer one of the hardest questions I can ask: Which movie is worse? The 2 time Razzie winning "The Hottie and The Nottie" or Pia Zadora's Razzie sweeping "The Lonely Lady"? 

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2013 at 7:31pm
TO HELP YOU DECIDE, HERE's the TRAILER for HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE...

...and HERE's a MONTAGE of HIGHLIGHTS from LONELY LADY (Featuring the RAZZIE® Nominated Theme Song)... 

SEE HOW HARD a CHOICE THIS IS?? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2013 at 8:02pm
As a general rule of thumb, 2000 was the first year of the "Dystopian Era" of cinema. Ever since Y2K, films have gotten worse. 2008, from my point of view, was the worst of the past 13-14 years in film. The Lonely Lady has more of an old-century "drunkard parents" vibe, while The Hottie & the Nottie has more of a shallow, nouveau-riche style of outer beauty and was eventually named #4 on my Bottom 40 Films of '008. Due to my bias against bad films from after Y2K, I'll say The Hottie & the Nottie was worse.

In fact, though people may say the bad films of recent times may look tame compared to how bad all the B-movies of 195X and 196X may have been, I still believe many film buffs hold those old-time B-movies in high regard due to their guilty pleasure value. Many Worst Picture finalists in recent decades (such as Battlefield Earth, the #1 Worst Film of '000), I actually think, have been stronger contenders for the title of Worst Film Ever.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2013 at 10:16am
I can't answer because I haven't seen either. But I want to ask: What made you want to compare those 2 movies? From what I've read about them, they're not very similar.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2013 at 3:39pm
Both films are degrading, not only to women but to people in general. Sounds like these movies are quite similar actually

Here is YouTube LINK for the full movie for The Lonely Lady  

and the YouTube LINK for the full movie for The Hottie & The Nottie  

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 5:49pm
Neither one of these comes close to the ultimate MESSTERPIECE of...

DIRTY LOVE!!!
DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 6:19pm
I haven't seen The Lonely Lady, but Dirty Love definitely eclipses The Hottie & The Nottie in terms of badness.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 6:44pm
H8ter, I posted the link to watch Lonely Lady (full movie) on YouTube. If you'd like, you can watch it and give us your thoughts on the film.

I agree Dirty Love uses a lot more gross out humor and obviously the film doesn't know what it wants to be. Still though, Dirty Love is another realm of bad that came and went with little to no impact. As for the titles mentioned, it makes me wonder why would people create such films if they're smarter than small insects?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 4:59am
The Lonely Lady just because I found it harder to sit through because it's boring... The Lonely Lady and Inchon are the two Worst Picture winners that I tried too watch and just got bored with when I was not even half way through....
 Post Reply Post Reply