Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > SAW VI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Who Knew They Could Count This High??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Knew They Could Count This High??
    Posted: January 26 2010 at 6:55pm
Has anyone been following the "fight" between Paramount and Lionsgate? David Hackl, director of Saw V, was originally attached to do Saw VII while Kevin Greutert, who directed Saw VI, was attached to direct Paranormal Activity 2, both movies going head on head this Halloween. However, Lionsgate made an option which put Kevin on Saw VII, kicking out Hackl and now the director chair of PA2 is empty. It's a pretty dick move by Lionsgate. If you go to Kevin's blog, he says he feels like being raped by his dad.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 8:09pm
Well hopefully "Paranormal Activity 2" will beat the sh*t about of "Saw 7" so that the studios will finally get a clue and let this tired series die! Sadly, it may also result with there being a new "P.A." movie every Halloween. Me, I just want there to be a director with talent behind the "P.A." sequel, since it was talent that made the first movie a run away hit.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 1:17pm
From this: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13849

Whether he likes it or not, Saw VI director Kevin Greutert is indeed heading back to Toronto to direct Saw VII.

In a blog post entitled "Woo hoo! Lawyers are sending me to Canada tomorrow!" he writes this (Update: This entry has since been pulled from his site.):

I just had the task of telling my 83 year old mother that no, I'm not going to be allowed to direct the movie we were all so excited about when my family last got together, and that I'm being forced to leave town before getting a chance to see her again. Yes, I'll be filming people getting tortured YET AGAIN. So we'll have to put off me making a film she can actually watch for another year.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 2:36pm
Hopefully this little legal battle will result in the this uncalled "Saw" sequel being canceled altogether.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Has anyone been following the "fight" between Paramount and Lionsgate? David Hackl, director of Saw V, was originally attached to do Saw VII while Kevin Greutert, who directed Saw VI, was attached to direct Paranormal Activity 2, both movies going head on head this Halloween. However, Lionsgate made an option which put Kevin on Saw VII, kicking out Hackl and now the director chair of PA2 is empty. It's a pretty dick move by Lionsgate. If you go to Kevin's blog, he says he feels like being raped by his dad.
Does this mean Paranormal Activity 2 won't be released this autumn?

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

YOU MIGHT THINK THE PERPETRATORS... ...THIS IS THE YEAR TO RECTIFY THIS...
As for Saw VI, a single nomination Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Ripoff would suffice for me.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man. Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2010 at 7:12am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Does this mean Paranormal Activity 2 won't be released this autumn?
I take that as a good sign. Just because a movie is cheap to make, that doesn't mean it should be rushed into theaters within one year. I say they should take their time with it and make it a worthy follow-up to the first movie.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

As for Saw VI, a single nomination Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake, or Ripoff would suffice for me.
There's no reason for the series to keep going. The last one was a flop, the main villain has been dead since the third movie, and each movie is pretty much the same as the one before it. It's time to pull the plug on it. But, knowing the studios, it's time for the magic word ... reboot.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 11:41am
I just saw this and I can assure it ties with SAW I as the best of the franchise.There's still the same flaws:too much non-scary gore(but this one had a lot of actual thrills)and focusing too much on the timeline and the flashbacks it feels like LOST(but this isn't a filler episode like the previous movie).Having the editor direct the movie and writing political satire and honest ethical debates were nice touches.

I give this 7/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 8:59pm
The Scott Pilgrim curse strikes again! For those who aren't aware of what that saying I just made up means, the Scott Pilgrim curse is when audiences, fed up with a certain formula, rejects the latest movie to use it and the movie turns out to be good. It called the Scott Pilgrim curse because of it being Michael Cera's third good movie and his sixth movie overall. After how terrible Saw V was, audiences were leary of the franchise. Not helping matters, a little horror movie by the name of Paranormal Activity was causing a stir. With that useless info out of the way, let's get to the review.

The good:

Peter Outerbridge: Outerbridge is interesting as William Easton, an amoral health insurance executive. You can clearly see that he learns his lesson throughout the movie.

Kevin Greutert: Greutert has an interesting vision for this. There's more to this than a simple gore-fest.

The script: The script for this isn't as good as the first two's, but compared to the last three's, it's Drive!

The bad:

Costas Mandylor: Dammit, why did they keep this guy around?

The ugly:

The end: This REALLY pissed me off! After learning his lesson, Easton gets turned into goo. Yes really. Afterwards, Hoffman gets put in a trap and is horribly maimed, but he continues to live. Damn.

After watching this, I had hope that Saw VII* would be good. How wrong I was! Grade: B-.

Next-up: Saw 3D!

*I didn't know that it would be 3D when I saw this one.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The bad:

Costas Mandylor: Dammit, why did they keep this guy around?
The fact that you moved him from Ugly to Bad should answer your question.Wink
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

This REALLY pissed me off! After learning his lesson, Easton gets turned into goo.
What did you expect?Most of the main characters from the first 5 movies didn't get a happy ending.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 10:06pm
My gripe with the ending wasn't that it wasn't a happy ending. It was how he actually LEARNED something this time! He learned how his job screwed over a lot of innocent people and was going to right his wrongs. Then he becomes goo.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2011 at 5:52am
Good point.Looking back,a lot of the characters(specially the protagonists in JIGSAW's game)didn't really learn...which is why they didn't get a happy ending.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 10:01am
My review of the franchise (skip to 07:31):

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123