Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > FALL/WINTER FORUM DISCUSSIONS: 2012 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Who RU Supporting 4 Worst Supporting Actor/Actress
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Who RU Supporting 4 Worst Supporting Actor/Actress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who RU Supporting 4 Worst Supporting Actor/Actress
    Posted: December 12 2012 at 12:08pm
WE'RE STILL WORKING AWAY on THIS YEAR's 33rd ANNUAL RAZZIE® AWARDS NOMINATING BALLOT  -- BUT IT's NOT TOO LATE to THROW in a SUGGESTION OR TWO AS to WHO WE SHOULD BE INCLUDING...  

WHICH BRINGS US to THIS WEEK's FORUM DISCUSSION(s):

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR and 

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS  

(TRADITIONALLY TWO of the MOST OVER-CROWDED CATEGORIES on OUR PRELIMINARY BALLOTS)  

FOR WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR of 2012, OUR LIKELY CHOICES INCLUDE: 

Gary Busey / PIRANNHA 3-DD 

James Caan / THAT’S MY BOY

David Hasselhoff (as “Himself”) PIRANNHA 3-DD 

Ciaran Hinds / GHOST RIDER 2: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE 

& JOHN CARTER 

Taylor Lautner / TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 2

Eugene Levy / AMERICAN REUNION 

& MADEA’S WITNESS PROTECTION 

Liam Neeson / BATTLESHIP 

& WRATH OF THE TITANS

Tony Orlando / THAT’S MY BOY

Stephen Rea / UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING 

Ah-Nuld Schwarzenegger / EXPENDABLES, TOO!

Alexander Skarsgard / BATTLESHIP

Nick Swardson / THAT’S MY BOY!

Vanilla Ice (as “Himself”) THAT’S MY BOY 

Bruce Willis / COLD LIGHT OF DAY 
    & EXPENDABLES, TOO!  

...AND for WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS, WE'VE GOT the FOLLOWING OPTIONS:   

Elizabeth Banks / MAN ON A LEDGE 

& WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING 

Jessica Biel / PLAYING FOR KEEPS & TOTAL RECALL

Brooklyn Decker / BATTLESHIP 

& WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING 

Ashley Greene / TWILIGHT S.B.D. #2 *

Jennifer Lopez / WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING 

Leighton Meester / THAT’S MY BOY 

Dolly Parton / JOYFUL NOISE

Rosamund Pike / WRATH OF THE TITANS 

(and possibly JACK REACHER)

Debbie Reynolds / ONE FOR THE MONEY 

Rihanna / BATTLESHIP 

Susan Sarandon / THAT’S MY BOY

Sofia Vergara / THE THREE STOOGES 

Kerry Washington / 1000 WORDS 

Mary Elizabeth Winstead / ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER   

MacKenzie Foy (As Little "Renesmee") in TWILIGHT S.B.D. #2 is a better choice for Worst Screen Couple, shared with Taylor Lautner 

TO CHECK OUT FORUM DISCUSSIONS and INFO on the VARIOUS FILMS FOR WHICH THESE "ACTORS" ARE LISTED, HERE's the LINK to OUR COMPLETE LIST of ELIGIBLE 2012 RELEASES... 

...OF COURSE, NOT ALL of THESE LADIES and GENTLEMEN ARE LIKELY to ACTUALLY MAKE IT ONTO OUR NOMINATING BALLOTS (WHICH GO OUT in ABOUT TWO WEEKS!).

IF YOU THINK WE'VE FORGOTTEN ANYONE (OR YOU VEHEMENTLY OBJECT to ANYONE WE DID LIST) LET US KNOW BELOW... 

IN the MEANTIME, WE WISH YOU ALL 
THE BERRY MERRIEST of HOLIDAZE!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 12:59pm
I so hope that David Hasselhoff gets a nomination....

I was actually expecting some "love" for the Oogieloves in these categories... A lot of famous faces there and none of them are really trying to do their best...   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: OOGIELOVES will probably be listed in several places on the Nominating Ballot (among them Worst Screen Ensemble and Worst Picture) but the cameo appearances in it by the likes of Cloris Leachman, Cary Elwes, Christopher Lloyd and others don't strike me as being worthy of taking up spaces in our two Supporting categories. I would argue there are much more heinous (and more widely seen) career mis-steps that deserve those slots... 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 1:51pm
For Worst Supporting Actor, here's who I'd recommend: 

Either Gary Busey or David Hasselhoff (select one and let the other get away) for Piranha 3DD  
One of the 4 supporting roles (any one will do, but please, not more than one!) for That's My Boy 
Liam Neeson for Battleship and Wrath of the Titans  
Daniel Sunjata for One For the Money and Gone
Bruce Willis for Cold Light of Day  

For Worst Supporting Actress, I support: 

Elizabeth Banks for Man on a Ledge and What to Expect When You're Expecting 
Dolly Parton for Joyful Noise
Rihanna for Battleship 
Kerry Washington for A Thousand Words
Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 2:46pm
My contenders:
-Andy Samberg for HOTEL TRANSYLVANYA and TMB.
-Anthony Mackie for ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER and MAN ON A LEDGE.
-Bill Nighy for THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL, TOTAL RECALL and WRATH OF THE TITANS.
-Daniel Sunjata for GONE and ONE FOR THE MONEY.
-Edgar Ramírez for WRATH OF THE TITANS.
-John Leguizamo for ICE AGE PART 4 and ONE FOR THE MONEY.
-Nick Swardson for TMB.
-Sam Neill for THE VOW.
-Scott Speedman for THE VOW.
-Will Forte for ROCK OF AGES (maybe), THAT'S MY BOY and THE WATCH.
-Debbie Reynolds for ONE FOR THE MONEY.
-January Jones for SEEKING JUSTICE.
-Jennifer Carpenter for GONE and SEEKING JUSTICE.
-Jessica Lange for THE VOW.
-Li Bingbing for RESIDENT EVIL PART 5.
-Luenell for HOTEL TRANSYLVANYA and THAT'S MY BOY.
-Maggie Grace for BREAKING DAWN PART 2 and TAKEN PART 2.
-Rosamund Pike for WOTT.
-Whoopi Goldberg for A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN.
-Anyone from THE EXPENDABLES PART 2 (except for Stallone (who's the lead) and Chuck Norris (for obvious reasons)). Not a combined nomination. I mean that you can choose one and I'll be fine no matter whom.

My frontrunners:
-Chris Klein for AMERICAN REUNION.
-Ciarán Hinds for GR2SOV (not for JC).
-Gregory D. Gadson for BATTLESHIP.
-Idris Elba for GHOST RIDER PART 2.
-James Caan for TMB.
-Stephen Rea for U4A.
-Taylor Lautner for BD2.
-Thomas Ian Nicholas for AMERICAN REUNION.
-Chelsea Handler for THIS MEANS WAR.
-Elizabeth Banks for MOAL.
-Rosemarie DeWitt for A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN and THE WATCH.
-Sienna Guillory for RESIDENT EVIL PART 5.
-Vanessa Hudgens for JOURNEY 2 THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.

Sorry that I couldn't make the list shorter.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Liam Neeson / BATTLESHIP 

& WRATH OF THE TITANS

I vote for him getting a Worst Actor nod for his 3 titles.

Jessica Biel / TOTAL RECALL

Not for PLAYING FOR KEEPS?

Vanilla Ice (as “Himself”) THAT’S MY BOY 

Rihanna / BATTLESHIP

I vote "No" for these 2. I found them to be the saving graces of their movies.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 4:00pm

Heh, I would have thought Milo Ventimiglia would have been up there for That's My Boy, considering he played a man that had sex with his SISTER!!!! Though I guess he is not as well known/infamous as the people you've listed. I've also heard people say Vanilla Ice was the funniest in That's My Boy, but then again, I've heard people say Al Pacino was the best part of Jack & Jill and he ended up winning Worst Supporting Actor, soooo... Whatever.

I thought you were having Taylor Lautner up for Worst ACTOR. Did you change your mind? I thought for sure Ralph Fiennes would make the list this time, oh well. Actually, just place Taylor in the Lead category and have Ralph replace him in the Supporting category.

Sigourney Weaver is not being considered is surprising, considering how disappointed you were in the fact she was in Cold Day of Light. Larry David's not there either, though I'm guessing it is because he did not get the same amount of screen time as Sofia. Why no Dianne Wiest for Darling Companion? I know it is a smaller movie, but she is a two time Oscar winner, and you're not going to jump on that?

Dang, I thought Playing For Keeps would bump Jessica Biel up to Worst Actress.

Jennifer Lopez as Supporting I do not understand at all. If she is not the lead in What to Expect When You're Expecting, who is?

Well, all I have to say about who's listed... Soooo....:

Worst Supporting Actor:
David Hasselhoff/Piranha 3DD
Liam Neeson/Battleship and Wrath of the Titans (winner)
Alexander Skarsgard/Battleship
Nick Swardson/That's My Boy
Bruce Willis/The Cold Light of Day and The Expendables 2

Worst Supporting Actress:
Brooklyn Decker/Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting
Mackenzie Foy/The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
Debbie Reynolds/One for the Money
Rihanna/Battleship (winner)
Susan Sarandon/That's My Boy
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 4:09pm
Even though she was just nominated for a SAG award, I think Nicole Kidman MUST be on the Worst SA ballot for The Paperboy, a dud of a film that got (mostly) critically panned Thumbs Down (even though some oddly defended her "performance" Ermm); also would like to see Whoopi (A Little Bit of Heaven), Tara Reid (American Reunion), Chelsea Handler (Fun Size AND This Means War), on the Worst Supporting Actress ballot, and Jennifer Lopez (aka the WORST pref. in that Expecting movie) moved to the Lead category (as oiram said)... 
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 4:14pm
Andy Samberg will host the Independent Spirit Awards, which air on the same night as the Razzies. Wouldn't it be funny if he wins while he's hosting?
Originally posted by oiram

Jennifer Lopez as Supporting I do not understand at all. If she is not the lead in What to Expect When You're Expecting, who is?
It's a multiple stories movie, right? Sometimes there aren't leads in those, and all the actors are considered supporting.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 6:08pm
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Patrick Fabian for Atlas Shrugged Part II (because a suggestion forum without me pimping out Atlas Shrugged Part II is like a sandwhich without bread)

Taylor Lautner for Twilight S.B.D. #2 

Steven Rea for Underworld 4 

Alexander Skarsgard for Battleship 

Andy Samberg for That's My Boy (I was going to put down Milo Ventimiglia, but then I remembered that he doesn't have a career anymore, unlike Andy who should f*cking know better to star in something like this!)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS 

Brooklyn Decker for Battleship and What To Expect When You're Expecting 

Sienna Guillery for Resident Evil 5 

Leighton Meester for That's My Boy (I had Mackenzie Foy on here, but since HeadRazz replaced her with Ashley Greene, I swapped her with Leighton)

Debbie Reynolds for One For The Money 

Rihanna for Battleship 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 11:18pm
I'm one of those who didn't hate Kidman's performance. While I don't like her acting it general, it was one of the better elements of the movie.

But I, too, agree about Jennifer Lopez. Her story was focused on a lot, and she had more screen time than many others.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: WHAT TO EXPECT is clearly an "ensemble" film, with the billing of the cast in its paid advertising giving no single performer "star" status (LINK for Poster). Therefor, Lopez, if she's nominated, would belong in Worst Supporting Actress, Screen Couple and/or Screen Ensemble...

Originally posted by The Larch

Even though she was just nominated for a SAG award, I think Nicole Kidman MUST be on the Worst SA ballot for The Paperboy, a dud of a film that got (mostly) critically panned Thumbs Down (even though some oddly defended her "performance" Ermm); also would like to see Whoopi (A Little Bit of Heaven), Tara Reid (American Reunion), Chelsea Handler (Fun Size AND This Means War), on the Worst Supporting Actress ballot, and Jennifer Lopez (aka the WORST pref. in that Expecting movie) moved to the Lead category (as oiram said)...

I fully support Sofia Vergara.
And Nick Swardson, but I personally also dream of RAZZing the entire cast of That's My Boy.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: "RAZZing the entire cast" is what our Worst Screen Ensemble category is intended to achieve...and THAT'S MY BOY should have a good shot at being nominated for that. 

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 11:59am
Yeah, wouldn't that be beautiful! Not only does TMB have good shot at being nominated, but an actual shot at winning!

If Lopez as a Supporting Actress is the final conclusion, then out with Vergara as my front-runner...and in with Lopez!

Sorry people, but nominating that little girl from Twilight is honestly weird. While I would love to see her get a nomination with Lautner for Worst Couple, I can't think of good reasons for her getting a  nomination as Worst Supporting Actress, because she hardly said anything that could possibly show if she is talented or not. That would be one wasted spot. 

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 1:29pm
If it helps, I should point out that in the posters and advertising for Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2, Taylor Lautner is treated as one of the 3 Lead Actors (he is not treated like one of the Supporting Actors).  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 3:00pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Having seen the film, I assume Lautner getting above-the-title billing for the final TWILIGHT movie must have been contractual, (and probably negotiated earlier in the franchise). Both "Kristen" and "R-Patz" have appreciably more time on screen than does "Shirtless Wolf Boy" this time out. In fact, Lautner's character spends a good part of this film (almost the entire Final/Epic Battle Sequence) in Wolf Form -- thus rendering the argument of "equal screen time" for Lautner moot. 

Besides, bumping Lautner down to Supporting Actor increases the likelihood of  him and Pattinson both achieving well-deserved RAZZIE® "wins" for their consistently ludicrous work in the TWILIGHT films... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 10:13pm
Here my preferred Worst Supporting Actor candidates, so far: 

1) Nick Swardson That's My Boy. His irritating presence just made that movie even more horrible to watch. 

2) Taylor Lautner The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II. He is just as wooden in this movie as in the previous Twilight installments. 

3) Ciaran Hinds Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. His acting was just as pedestrian as Nicolas Cage. 

4) Jamie Bell Man on a Ledge. He wasn't even trying in this terrible movie. 

5) Jason O'Mara One For the Money. O'Mara lacked charisma in this movie just like Katherine Heigl. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 10:23pm
Here are my preferred Worst Supporting Actress candidates, so far: 

1) Leighton Meester That's My Boy. All she did was display her pretty face. 

2) Brooklyn Decker Battleship. Her acting was dull, as usual. 

3) Genesis Rodriguez Man on a Ledge. I haven't heard much of her since Man on a Ledge which is not much of a surprise. She is just eye candy. 

4) Rihanna Battleship. Some musicians should not try to act. 

5) Mia Michaels Step Up: Revolution. Her appearance contributed to the movie being so underwhelming.  

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 10:26pm
My choices for WORST SUPPORTING JOCKSTRAP, er, ACTOR: 

1) Vanilla Ice is long overdue for another RAZZING Wink 
2) Nick Swardson shouldn't be let off the hook for That's My Boy 
3) James Caan for That's My Boy 
4) Ah-Nuld for Expendibles 2 
5) Tony Orlando deserves to Tie A Yellow Ribbon round his own RAZ-ZIE 

...and for WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:  

1) Debbie Reynolds should be Singin' In The RAZZIE Rain with ONE FOR THE MONEY
2) Rihanna for BATTLESHIP
3) Larry David for THE THREE STOOGES
4) Kim Rhodes for ATLAS SHAGGED, PART 2
5) Lynn Collins for JOHN CARTER  

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
AndP View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2012 at 1:28am
Megan Fox for The Dictator should be considered
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>