Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SLY, UWE (or SOMEONE ELSE) for OUR 2008 WORST CAREER AWARD??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Who to Kick in the Ca-REAR?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who to Kick in the Ca-REAR?!?!?!
    Posted: January 12 2009 at 2:19am

Now, THAT is funny.  Stallone truly has a sense of humor.  Here's a clickable link for everyone who wants to read what Mayhem5185 and I are talking about.

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

Hey CvcJr did you see when Stallone was on The Best Damn Sports Show Period? If not, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop!_Or_My_Mom_Will_Shoot

It goes perfectly to with what you are saying about Stallone and the Razzies.

razziesucks View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote razziesucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 3:43am

I'm very, very sorry if I insulted any of you by saying that there is no diversity on this board. What does it matter, what are you arguing about? I'm arguing about Stallone the actor; you're arguing that I condemned you guys. Please.

Why in the world have you continued to talk about Rambo, I've said that I wasn't very happy with the finish project, does mean I'm putting it on a level of the Godfather? And about the film not focusing on the Burmese, the point I was trying to make was that Stallone couldn't work or build up an actual charactet from the oppressed Buremese people. That would have conflicted with what he was trying to do with Rambo the character, trying to bring him to a proper conclusion. You said you wanted to empathize with the people, the only proper way to do that is by building a character that you can feel empathy for, what I'm saying is that Stallone couldn't do that here seeing how it would have dragged down the film, so instead he just showed as the injustice these people go through without really getting to know them.

As for why I defend Stallone, it's just like if someone insulted De Niro, Rourke, Pacino etc. as an actor, I'd go ahead and defend them. Not that hard to understand. And my arguments are strawman, okay sure, maybe you need to re-read what Saturns was attempting to argue with, then we can talk strawman arguments.

Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote razziesucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 3:56am

Again, I'm not here to stop you guys from nominating Stallone, I'm just to see if any of you are open minded enough to believe that Stallone might actually be a pretty good actor. I didn't really think much him as an actor until I had seen F.I.S.T, and mind you by that time I had already seen Rocky and First Blood, and would never have thought to compare him to De Niro. But as I started watching the guy’s body of work, I saw that he really is a great actor. I doubt any of you will come to that conclusion, but perhaps you'll see that he is a pretty solid actor when given decent material.

Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote razziesucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 4:27am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

I guess I'm going to have to watch Copland.  However, that's apparently going to be just one more great Stallone movie that makes me scratch my head and wonder why in the world he put out Rambo when he's capable of so much better??

I though I said this before. After Cop Land, Studio's essentially turned their backs on Stallone, because Stallone said he didn't want to did action film anymore or at least on the level he had been making it in the past few years. Stallone got close to some interesting projects like Suspect Zero or Dolan's Cadillac (which sounds horrible now), but they never came to fruition.

Stallone does have some interesting stuff coming up hopefully, The Expendables could be a good film seeing as he put in Mickey Rourke, Forest Whitaker and possibly Ben Kingsley to even out the action cast of Statham, Li, and Lundgren. Hopefully he doesn't make another Rambo and makes this film he's been talking about called the Lions Game which seems like it could be his In The Line of Fire type film. And maybe one day we'll see his long waited Edgar Allan Poe film. He may have screwed he career up to a degree, but I still see a decent future him.

BTW, if you watch Cop Land, get the Director’s Cut, had this been the version released, Stallone might have gone an Oscar nomination.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 9:23am

It seems as if words are being put into my mouth. At no point did I ever accuse razziesucks of making personal attacks on me. I merely pointed out that his name is an affront to the organization, however, I followed that with an assurance that it was unlikely that he would be insulted in kind. As to Mayhem, he might want to go back and objectively read his "good natured" post.

Now, I just want to comment on one quote by razziesucks:

Why in the world have you continued to talk about Rambo, I've said that I wasn't very happy with the finish project, does mean I'm putting it on a level of the Godfather?

Actually, you did, at the very least, attempt to raise First Blood to that level by referring to it as "a great film." In the 100 year history of motion pictures, roughly 0-2 truly great films have been released in any given year on average. FB isn't on that list. Citizen Kane, Gone With The Wind, The Godfather, Wizard of Oz and Rambo:First Blood? One of these things is not like theothers...Sorry...it just isn't in that company. You may enjoy it...it may be your favorite film, more power to you...but it isn't a "great film" by any measure.

Incidentally,

Benjamin Button also failed to win a Golden Glob, which historically is a poor indicator of what AMPAS will do. The guess here is that it might get nominated...it won't win...but I could be wrong.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote razziesucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 2:14pm

When I said Rambo wasn't a film that I was pleased with, I was referring to Rambo (2008), I know in foreign countries First Blood is known as Rambo, so perhaps you were mistaken. As for when I said First Blood is a great film, the word "great" is completely subjective, you made an assumption on your part that by saying "great" I was saying that First Blood was on par with the Godfather. Nowhere in my post did I even hint that I felt First Blood was on that level of a film. Do I feel it's a very good film, yes. It can be said that the film itself was revolutionary, seeing as how the "action" films made before this one where films like The French Connection. First Blood took it to a whole new level, mixing both the dramatic and action in a way never before seen. Like I said, I like the film, Stallone's performance is top notch, as is Dennhey and Crenna, the film has its issues, Stallone himself even makes note that he would have liked to cut a few scenes from the film because they are very distracting to the tone of the film. And despite the fact that I think First Blood is a very good film; I would kind like the idea of it being remade, only if it followed the book more closely.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 4:41pm
How is this damn argument still going on?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 12:56am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

How is this damn argument still going on?

True. It's past Janurary 10, the cut off date for the voting ballots. No argument is going to swing any votes now, because all the voting is done. Now it's all up to who gets the most votes. Who knows, we might get a surprise and Madonna or Keanu Reeves might get the award instead.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 1:24am
I was really referring to the fact that it's been going on for pages/days. And it's over Sylvester Stallone. It's very hard to believe that anyone has feelings strong enough to warrant this kind of a length of a discussion. The only way it'd make any sense to me at all would be if razziesucks were Sly's mom. Or Saturn were his mother-IN-LAW. I myself am his dirty, ex-con uncle.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 4:46am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: FYI -- Madonna and Keanu did both get lotsa votes for our Career Achievement award. To find out who actually "won" it, come back to our site at 9am/PST on Wednesday, January 21, when this year's nominees (and the "winner" for Worst Career Achievement) will be unveiled...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 12:11pm

Any hopes on Elvis in the future???  I think he's been involved with more bombs than the Air Force...

All right...more corn than Iowa might be more accurate...

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 6:58am

I'm not holding out much hope for Elvis in the future. He must be exhausted by now scratching on the lid of his coffin. (rimshot)

Nonetheless, you make a good point, and one that I have raised before. I think we have become too bogged down with contemporary figures and haven't really taken a good look at past offenders.

Stallone has been around a long time and probably deserves whatever we throw at him (certainly so, by virtue of his career body of work.) Guys like Uwe Boll are building an impressive resume, but I really think (NOTE: THIS IS MY OPINION) he is a couple decades shy of needing to be on our radar screen. Meanwhile, a lot of really deserving figures from the past, such as Elvis, The Three Stooges, Bela Lugosi et al are ignored.

Incidentally, I offer a challenge to anyone on the board with time on their hands. Go to a prominent Stallone fan board, sign on with the name "Stallonesucks" and post a polite chat about the weather. Please then report back to us as to whether or not your reception is anywhere near as polite as the recent participant in this thread received.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 12:22pm

Was Boll's career as long as Stallone's? No. Is he worthy of our attention? Hell yeah! The man's career is over, and it was a career that was nothing but turds that shouldn't have been made in the first place. Stallone will always have "Rocky 1" and "Copland", but there's no silver lining to Boll's cloudy filmography (does that count as a word?). Let's face it, when your last movie is released in ONE theater, someone should stick a fork in you, because you're done. Now you can say he's still young and could rebound any day now, but with such crap like "BloodRayne 3" and "Zombie Massacre" listed as works in pre-production Hades, I doubt he will make any comeback.

We still act as though this catagory is down to Stallone and Boll; mind you, Madonna and Keanu Reeves are also in it. Madonna is the female equal to Stallone when it comes to bad movies, and she has quit acting, so she is VERY worthy of this award, too. And Reeves has managed to dodge us more than any other actor, so this might be as good as time as any to razz him with the 20th anniversary of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" being around the corner, the movie that made him a star in the first place. We'll know for sure in less than a week who will get Razzed indeed.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 4:20am
For those of you who like to go the extra nerd mile, there is a plan to make an American live action version of the actually-pretty-sleek Japanese cartoon "Cowboy Bebop," which is about a slick character named Spike Spiegel who is a bounty hunter in the future. A little bit of a corny premise, but it's the kind of show that could really have a fairly broad audience. This all, of course leads up to who is going to play Spike, and the obvious answer as it relates to Michaels last post. Yes, they wanna put Keanu in the role, and no, if he does his Keanu character, it will not look/sound right. For some reason, I almost wanna say Sam Rockwell, or someone of that sort of sarcastic air would be better.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 4:54am

Age has only one benefit; it teaches you that the long view is not to be underappreciated, and not everything needs to happen right now, this instant. I've never really indicated that Boll isn't worthy of our attentions, particularly for his present efforts. However, when "career" awards come under consideration, there are numerous names that have never really been appropriately discussed who have made monumental contributions to the art of bad film.

If Uwe Boll never makes another movie, he has a pretty impressive list of bad films to consider, but they'll be just as bad 10 or 15 or 20 years from now while other worthy names are considered. I'd be inclined to make the same argument for Keanu Reeves. I thnk it's way to early to be tossing his name in the hat, although that has been done.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 11:28am

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

For those of you who like to go the extra nerd mile, there is a plan to make an American live action version of the actually-pretty-sleek Japanese cartoon "Cowboy Bebop," which is about a slick character named Spike Spiegel who is a bounty hunter in the future. A little bit of a corny premise, but it's the kind of show that could really have a fairly broad audience. This all, of course leads up to who is going to play Spike, and the obvious answer as it relates to Michaels last post. Yes, they wanna put Keanu in the role, and no, if he does his Keanu character, it will not look/sound right. For some reason, I almost wanna say Sam Rockwell, or someone of that sort of sarcastic air would be better.

To quote Shia Lebeouf: NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO! Keep Keanu FAR away from "Cowboy Bebop". For that matter, keep H-Wood away from it as well, seeing as how they ruined "Speed Racer" and are now ruining "DragonBall Z". But if the movie must be made, the role of Spike Spiegel was tailor made for Sam Rockwell.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>