Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > JONAH HEX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Whood She Hafta FOX to Get Into THIS Movie??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whood She Hafta FOX to Get Into THIS Movie??
    Posted: June 18 2010 at 5:03am
It really worries that moviewizguy is defending Centipede, and comes across as being excited for a sequel. It's NOTHING but shock value -- and even your hero Ebert hated it!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

It really worries that moviewizguy is defending Centipede, and comes across as being excited for a sequel. It's NOTHING but shock value -- and even your hero Ebert hated it!

I'm just defending it from the hate. I haven't seen the film myself but the reviews seem lukewarm and those who have seen it on demand say it isn't even that graphic. The director himself said there is hardly any blood spilled in the film. Oh, and Roger Ebert is like a friend of mines. I may sometime follow his opinion but we may disagree with each other on some movies. For example, he hated Kick-Ass. Oh, and me being excited for the sequel was just sarcasm.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Movie Man

All right, you can have Jonah Hex -- but I draw a line when I read "the forgettable Horton Hears a Who" comment, because I thought that movie was excellent!  
I think most of us ultimately agreed that Horton wasn't all that bad, despite the prerelease discussion it received at this site. In fairness, you can't blame us for having our doubts about that one after the live action Grinch and that cinematic hairball Cat in the Hat.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 5:45am
I honestly hoped that this film would get good reviews, what with it starring Josh Brolin and being based on a pretty good looking comic -- not to mention its having a very stylistic looking trailer. Looks like Megan Fox still has a way to go before she gets respect.   

Speaking of this movie opening up against Toy Story 3, if everyone thinks MWG is a troll, he has nothing on this critic:  

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/ 

He ruins Toy Story 3's perfect 100% RT score, while giving Jonah Hex a positive review!  

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 8:02am
If you actually read his review for Jonah Hex, White keeps on saying how it's "easily better" than Toy Story 3. Confused  

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

I honestly hoped that this film would get good reviews, with it starring Josh Brolin and it being based on a pretty good looking comic, not to mention a very stylistic looking trailer. Looks like Megan Fox still has a way to go before she gets respected. 

Speaking about this movie opening up against Toy Story 3, if everyone thinks MWG is a troll, he has nothing compared to this critic:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/

Ruining Toy Story 3's perfect RT score while giving this movie a positive review.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 10:30pm
I'm with Joe Bacon.  I watched the trailer to The Human Centipede, and it's like a gross version of the old dumb horror movies without any of the campy fun.  It's sick, badly acted, badly scripted, badly shot and just a bad concept to begin with.  A doctor goes mad and decides he wants to surgically join several humans together by their digestive tracts to bring the hypothetical "human centipede" into reality.  How can that NOT be a bad movie? 

You want clichés?  The Human Centipede starts off with the clichéd car breaking down in a forest at night in the rain so they (in this case, two women) find a house deep in the woods. 

I'm all for The Human Centipede getting its own forum.  It doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of appearing on the nominee ballot, but it shows we Razzie members are on top of any low budget stinkfest that deserves our special attention, like last year's C Me Dance and What Goes Up

Originally posted by JoeBacon

Trust me, NONE of 'EM even come close to The Human Centipede! Truly the WORST picture of the Century Dead and director Tom Sicks, er, Six makes Uwe Boll look like Stanley Kubrick!!  
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2010 at 10:38pm
As for Jonah Hex being the second worst movie this summer, well, I guess I'll have to see this.  I know The Expendables will be the worst, but I can't imagine Seltzerberg's Vampires Suck, scheduled for release in August, won't be in contention with Jonah Hex for second. 

But hey, that's like being in a battle for the bottom of the dung heap.  

Will any of them do well at the box office?  We already know the answer for Jonah Hex.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:36pm
Moviewizguy -- Have you ever stopped to wonder, if a movie is universally hated, there might be a reason for it? Not every movie should be defended! Sure, there's no blood in Centipede, but it's as cliched as can be...and can you really defend a movie about people being surgically connected by their bowels?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:37pm
I liked this one quote from one review I read: "Go see Johan Hex ... if you're a teen-aged male who isn't at all picky!"  

Yeah, that sums it up nicely!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:39pm
"Jonah Hex" worse than "Expendables" and "Vampire Suck"? Nah -- I think it comes in third. Let's not forget "Killers" for 4th place. 5th place is still up for grabs.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 4:41pm
I third Joe Bacon's opinion. Not just for Human Centipede being a bad movie, but just for being in flat out bad taste. Granted, it won't "win" any Razzies, since I doubt anyone will bother to see it either way. But hey, you never know...    

Originally posted by cvcjr13

I'm with Joe Bacon.  I watched the trailer to The Human Centipede, and it's like a gross version of the old dumb horror movies without any of the campy fun.  It's sick, badly acted, badly scripted, badly shot and just a bad concept to begin with.  A doctor goes mad and decides he wants to surgically join several humans together by their digestive tracts to bring the hypothetical "human centipede" into reality.  How can that NOT be a bad movie? 

You want clichés?  The Human Centipede starts off with the clichéd car breaking down in a forest at night in the rain so they (in this case, two women) find a house deep in the woods. 

I'm all for The Human Centipede getting its own forum.  It doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of appearing on the nominee ballot, but it shows we Razzie members are on top of any low budget stinkfest that deserves our special attention, like last year's C Me Dance and What Goes Up.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 5:18pm
But Human Centipede isn't universally hated. That's my whole point!
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 5:36pm
Say what you want about Megan Fox, but she is nowhere near the pit of badness that Christina DeMarco was in C Me Dance. I saw the trailer to that film, and I thought it was one of the biggest jokes of our generation. It's also a spit at religion like Tyler Perry's films are. And we're calling Megan Fox a bad actress? Farcical.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 5:40pm
Human Centipede is not universally loved either. But I'm also talking about this constant need of yours to defend movies just because everyone else hates them. When a movie is being called bad by a large number of people, chances are it's because it IS bad. And when you say otherwise, it doesn't come across as you knowing better than these people, it comes across as "I'm going to say otherwise just so that I'll seem different!"  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

But Human Centipede isn't universally hated. That's my whole point!
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 11:58pm
Human Centipede has me curious. It almost sounds like it could be something in the vein of Bloodsucking Freaks. It seems likely that the execution is abysmal... as was the case of the latter... but BF had an interesting atmosphere.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 5:08pm
Human Centipede  will maybe have a cult following decades from now, but right now, it's not so much a movie as it is a dare!  

[QUOTE=dEd Grimley]Human Centipede has me curious. It almost sounds like it could be something in the vein of Bloodsucking Freaks. It seems likely that the execution is abysmal... as was the case of the latter... but BF had an interesting atmosphere.[/QUOTE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>