Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD of RICKY BOBBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Will Ferrell on Fire? IF ONLY!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Ferrell on Fire? IF ONLY!!
    Posted: July 23 2006 at 8:16am

YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN TROUBLE WHEN YOUR BEST "JOKE" INVOLVES WILL FERRELL RUNNING AROUND in HIS UNDERWEAR (NOT ACTUALLY on FIRE) SCREAMING "I'M on FIRE -- HELP ME JESUS, HELP ME TOM CRUISE!"

...And that "JOKE" is in EVERY Trailer, TV Spot and Promo for this film...

HMMMM...What might that mean...??  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 2:46pm
You almost have to feel sorry for Will Ferrell in a way.  As the saying goes, he could have been a contender, the best funny man of his generation (and so far it's clear everyone else from his SNL class doesn't even try), but instead he lets himself gets talked into doing things like this.  One has to wonder if the executives have called up the White Witch and had her force-feed him Turkish Delight to make him a robot, as there's no other logical explanation I can think of to explain his mindless complacency.   
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 12:23am
Well, this looks like another in a long line of turkeys from ex-SNLers.
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Chiselbat View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Chiselbat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 3:37am
Let's not forget, (sadly), that a signifigant number of U.S. (I use the term loosely) "citizens" will be waiting in line to see this garbage.
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 2:58am

And on that note, the fact they made the film's villain a Frenchman smacks of ethnic insensitivity, no matter how you try and rationalize it. 

Response from head RAZZberry: And don't forget, it's also part of the "joke" that the "Bad Guy" is a "flaming gay" stereotype...Will Ferrell, self-less comic genius, just doing his part to help us all "get along"... 

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2006 at 4:00pm

Speaking of Will, I flipped open my Entertainment Weekly today and found this little tidbit, aimed at him and the stars of two other RAZZIE-worthy movies...

Ya hear that, Will, Vince, and Owen!

(Coincidentally, this little stub was right next to an article concerning a fourth Rambo movie, which, in my opinion, may also deserve a RAZZIE...)

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 4:13am
Trust me, Most of us are already sharpening our Razzie Knives; But as "Fan of 30 Years" might say:"We have to at least give it a chance first!" Don't worry, we will!
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 9:58am
My Kids want see this movie...it does look funny even if it is dumb, but like I told them, I'll wait to when I can see for $2 at mark down.

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
messy1 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote messy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 12:22am

Actually, this was quite good. It did what it was supposed to do, and the audience, mostly critics who panned it, were laughing like hyenas the entire length of the film.

The worst film of the Week is "Barnyard" which is about...LESIBIAN COWS!!!! Yes, LESBIAN COWS!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

Response from Head Raspberry: Yes, BARNYARD does look Berry Bad -- almost awful enough to make us consider a special RAZZIE category for Worst Family Film -- I'm just not sure even our Members will bother to see the truly stinky contenders for it...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 8:24am
RAZZ; Just a suggestion, but in light of the reviews it is looking like Barnyard is going to be the crowned Chump this weekend and Ricky Bobby may get away with just below or slightly above fresh levels at Rotten Tomatoes (Barnyard 29% and Ricky Bobby 66%). Maybe we can have the Main Razzie page read for "Barnyard" #1 worst pick of the week and "Ricky" #2. This is only a suggestion.

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by ITbeast

Trust me, Most of us are already sharpening our Razzie Knives; But as "Fan of 30 Years" might say:"We have to at least give it a chance first!" Don't worry, we will!

After seeing "Nacho" At the markdown I wish I had seen "Ricky Bobby"; at least I would not have gone home with my tail between my legs!

Words to live by:
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 2:18pm
Ricky Bobby was much better than Nacho Libre.
RayMel1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote RayMel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 6:20am

As much as I wanted to believe that Will Ferrell would be making some fantastic comedies, unfortunately, I have been completely disapointed.

Talledega Nights, was the straw that broke the camel's back. Enough! Go back to SNL, or wherever that Tim Kazarinski went and go quickly.

Will Ferrell is not going to be the next Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey or even Eddie Murphy for that matter. He's not even in the class of Joe Piscopo.

Whereever Mary Gross went is where he belongs....off to unfunny land.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 4:35pm

Just watched this movie, and though it was totally dumb, there were some really funny parts. I think it's still a Razzie contender, no doubt about that. Hey, have any of you guys watched the UNRATED version of this movie? That version is even worse than the original. I always think that about movies released on DVD in an UNRATED version before the theatrical version even comes out.

Leslie Bibb and Will Ferrell in Columbia Pictures' Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Will Ferrell can be pretty funny at times, but there are other times when he can just be pretty annoying...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 6:18pm
The thing that I really hate about this movie is that its got one of my fav actors at the moment in it. (Sacha cohen). If it didn't have him in it I would leave it alone but it does have him in it and I have an urge to see it even though I know its going to be crap.
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
sweets 24 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sweets 24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 9:15am

this was such a waste of 4 $,i can't believe i rented this crap- horrible horrible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>