Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > PUNISHER: WAR ZONE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Will It Be Punished w/a RAZZIE??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will It Be Punished w/a RAZZIE??
    Posted: December 10 2008 at 7:48am
Channing Tatum as Captain America? Man Cap is more f*cked than when he got killed recently.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 1:53pm

Yes, apparently someone forgot to mention to the casting director that not only should the actor look like the character from the comic, but he also needs some other acting skill besides being the token- tough-white-boy-from-the-wrong-side-of-the-'hood, which is pretty much the only role Tatum ever seems to play.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 11:51am

Well, unfortunately, that's now three strikes for Julie Benz. (Who was actually good in TV shows like "Buffy", "Angel" and "Roswell".)

She's now been in three Razzie-worthy films this year. PUNISHER: WAR ZONE, SAW V and of course RAMBO! I wonder if she'll be listed on the ballot?

-BooBerry

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by BooBerry

Well, unfortunately, that's now three strikes for Julie Benz. (Who was actually good in TV shows like "Buffy", "Angel" and "Roswell".)

She's now been in three Razzie-worthy films this year. PUNISHER: WAR ZONE, SAW V and of course RAMBO! I wonder if she'll be listed on the ballot?

-BooBerry

The same goes for poor Meagan Good, who was in "One Missed Call", "Love Guru", and "Saw 5". Her chances of "winning" are high, but I'm hoping for Kim Kardashian to get Worst Supporting Actress in the end, and Worst Actress to go to multi-time Razzie dodger Jessica Alba. 

BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Michaels

The same goes for poor Meagan Good, who was in "One Missed Call", "Love Guru", and "Saw 5". Her chances of "winning" are high, but I'm hoping for Kim Kardashian to get Worst Supporting Actress in the end, and Worst Actress to go to multi-time Razzie dodger Jessica Alba. 

You're right on Meagan Good being in three terrible films this year, Michaels.

There is however one small difference in the two; Julie Benz actually has genuine acting talent. Which is why it's a little sadder, at least to me, that she went to waste in a trio of terrible titles this year.

By the way, I too am hoping that Kim Kardashian gets a shot at Worst Supporting Actress this year. For her atrocious turn in the equally atrocious DISASTER MOVIE! Although, she may have some serious competition from her DISTASTER MOVIE! co-star, and former Razzie "winner", Carmen Electra. (Who was also in another Jason Friedberg/Aaron Seltzer, laugh-free "comedy" this year, MEET THE SPARTANS).

-BooBerry

BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by BooBerry

-BooBerry

By the way, now that I think about it, Meagan Good and Julie Benz, aren't the only ones that have three strikes to their name for 2008. Jason Statham also has to answer for three films this year! DEATH RACE, IN THE NAME OF THE KING: A DUNGEON SIEGE TALE and TRANSPORTER 3! (I'm letting him off on THE BANK JOB, because it wasn't that bad. In fact, it was actually pretty good.)

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 1:32am

By the way, now that I think about it, Meagan Good and Julie Benz, aren't the only ones that have three strikes to their name for 2008. Jason Statham also has to answer for three films this year! DEATH RACE, IN THE NAME OF THE KING: A DUNGEON SIEGE TALE and TRANSPORTER 3! (I'm letting him off on THE BANK JOB, because it wasn't that bad. In fact, it was actually pretty good.)

Yeah, Jason Statham has had a bad year. He needs to stop appearing in action movies and do something either more serious or more light-hearted. As for Carmen Electra, she has been in every Seltzerberg movie ever made, which will weigh heavy on her when it comes down to Worst Supporting Actress along side co-star Kim Kardashian. Either one of them is worthy of such a dishonor. 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2010 at 4:19pm
The recent Punisher movies were pretty worthless attempts. I don't remember if there were any good Punisher movies (there might've been one in 1989 or 1990), but since then, there hasn't been one, and there probably never will.

SAN JUU KYUU
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:32pm
*/*****

Worst movie of the year.

Doug Hutchinson did appear as crazy as his character was,but his enounciation is enough to qualify it as a bad performance.Dominic West's way of speaking was annoying,but he wasn't bad.Although it did seem at one point a bad JOKER rip-off.

The premise was(supposedly)PUNISHER's inside debate wheter he should retire or not.At the end,it doesn't get solved.Nothing does.

I gave it 1,0/F/0%.I also gave 5,0/C/60% to the first movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:52pm
That's "Punisher" movies for you. Each one is worse than the last.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 7:16pm
Time to review one of the most hilariously insane movies of the last couple of years. I should have included this in ABMMW.

The good:

Ray Stevenson: Stevenson is perfect as the Punisher. He's so good, that I almost felt bad about laughing at some scenes.

Lexi Alexander: Lexi is the director of this and yes, the best Punisher was directed by a woman. Kind of like how GI Joe 2, directed by an American of Chinese decent, looks more faithful than the one directed by a "typical" American.* She should have directed Jonah Hex! And Ghost Rider 2.**

The bad:

The script: The script is below par. Considering the executive meddling that went on with this movie, maybe that's the reason.

Julie Benz: Darla's hot, but her acting in this isn't very good. Although, this is the best movie were Julie Benz fights someone named Jigsaw.

The awesomely bad:

Dominic West: West plays Jigsaw, a lunatic who gets his face damaged. West's performance is absolutely hilarious, only being upstaged by...

Doug Hutchison: Hutchison plays Loony Bin Jim, Jigsaw's brother. The standout scene is the scene where he and Jigsaw give a patriotic speech to a bunch of foreign stereotypes. It's so over-the-top it's almost impossible to be offended.

The violence: I could go into detail, but I'll just say this: the Punisher punches a guy's face off! Watching this movie with my brother was a hoot.

Before I end this review, a message to anyone that owns a 3DS: buy Resident Evil: Revelations!!! It's a trillion times better than the movies, but Resident Evil: Wesker's Knitting Challenge would be better. Grade: B-

Next-up: Dungeons & Dragons!

*Interestingly, Ray Stevenson is going to be in GI Joe 2.
**The idea for this review came about because I was reading the comments for the AVClub's review of GR2, and they all mentioned that Lexi Alexander should have directed it.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 6:13am
SchumacherH8ter, what did you think of Wayne Knight in the movie? Were you surprised to see him?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 9:41am
I was surprised to see him in this type of movie, but I thought his performance was good. When I started reading the comics, his presence seemed less weird because his character looked similar to him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123