Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Will It Scare the CRAP Out of You??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will It Scare the CRAP Out of You??
    Posted: March 25 2009 at 4:42am

WE ACTUALLY LOVE THE PROMO's for HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT -- LARGELY BECAUSE THAT IMAGE of the KID WITH the BROWN STUFF COMING OUT of HIS MOUTH LOOKS LIKE a LITERAL INTERPETATION of SCARING the CRAP OUT of SOMEONE...

AND SPEAKING of SCARY, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN a ONE-TIME OSCAR® NOMINEE TOP-LINING SOMETHING THIS CRAPPY-LOOKING?? VIRGINIA MADSEN MAY ALSO BE LITERALLY TERRIFIED...THAT HER CAREER WILL NEVER RECOVER!

OKAY, ENOUGH from US. NOW IT's YOUR TURN to SPEW BROWN STUFF ALL OVER THIS FILM...

KID: "I scratched my hands raw trying to find some way out of this movie -- I don't wanna start my career this way..."

MADSEN: "You think you're embarrassed? I'm a former Oscar® nominee, and I might just end my career with his one!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 8:45am
I know a good horror movie when I see one: The Uninvited, Last House on the Left, and yes, this one. As you can see, I've not defended The Unborn, soooooooo I think this will be decent, if not amazing.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 11:26am

Not that I agree with what MWG considers a "good horror movie", but I think "12 Rounds" is far more worthy of having its own spot on this forum based on the lone fact it's a rip-off of "Die Hard 3" and John Cena's other movie "The Marine". Seriously, when was the last time a WWE wrestler appeared in a good movie, let alone when one headlined a movie?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since 12 ROUNDS has been only sparsely pre-screened and, as of this posting, has a 2-to-1 Favorable Rating over at RT, we'll have to wait and see. It may yet qualify as our Bonus Worst of Weak...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 12:02pm

Well, I quite liked the concept of DH3, which is why I look forward to 12 Rounds, although I'm not going to watch it in theaters. I never minded Renny Harlin as a director because he makes a lot of cheesy but very entertaining movies.

Originally posted by Michaels

Not that I agree with what MWG considers a "good horror movie", but I think "12 Rounds" is far more worthy of having its own spot on this forum based on the lone fact it's a rip-off of "Die Hard 3" and John Cena's other movie "The Marine". Seriously, when was the last time a WWE wrestler appeared in a good movie, let alone when one headlines the movie?

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 12:22pm

For once, I can understand the verbal diarrhea in HeadRazzberry's conversation starter.  I predicted the Worst of the Weak correctly, but 12 Rounds could get a Bonus slot.

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 1:26pm
Apparently for Virginia Madsen, starring in lame horror movies how she
wants to spend the rest of her career.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 2:04pm
It was due to happen one day. It's from Lionsgate (red flag already), it's a PG-13 horror film, and it stars an A-lister slumming his/her talents.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 9:02pm
What seems to be happening, is a sort of bias against horror films. For example on the week of the release of "Miss March", that movie got a lot of buzz for looking horrible, yet "Last House on the Left" was chosen as Worst of the Weak. Same thing seems to have happened here. Two movies that look pretty bad are coming out, but the one gets edged ahead to be worst, because it is a horror movie. I don't really begrudge anyone for their movie viewing preference (Unless they actually like the Seltzerberg shlock, and then they need to be locked away) but it seems to me that the Head Razz just plain doesn't like horror. And why should I care, really? It's his call.

My worst prospect of the week is still going to 12 Rounds. I will most likely see the other two.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2009 at 11:49pm

I'm a huge fan of horror...if you couldn't tell.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 1:45am

Ah yes, but it's that kind of thinking that allows H-wood to get away with remaking and ripping off the same material over and over again. It's like a diner that has run out of food, so they just reheat leftovers, but since the customers are hungry, they'll eat anything and not care, even if it is recycled...

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I quite liked the concept of DH3, which is why I look forward to 12 Rounds.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 5:51am

I think the analogy is off just slightly. It's more like going into a restaurant that you frequent a lot, and saying "I've tried everything on the menu, I want to try something new and different." The chef looks puzzled for a moment, and starts rifling through the recipe cards. In a desperate attempt, he pulls out an old recipe, and tries to spice it up, some (possibly by adding some BAY leaf, HA!). The resulting concoction is something you'll take a bite of, and say "I've had this before, but there's something different about it this time."

And then, depending on how much Bay leaf they added, something will blow up... (I really hope the joke is working for other people, and not just me...)

The leftovers is more like when they decide to take old movies (like Night of the Living Dead) and colorize them, and then rerelease em.

Originally posted by Michaels

Well, I quite liked the concept of DH3, which is why I look forward to 12 Rounds.

Ah yes, but it's that kind fo thinking that allows H-Wood to get away with remaking and ripping off the same material over and over again. It's like a diner that has run out of food, so they just reheat leftovers, but since the customers are hungry, they'll eat anything and not care, even if it's recycled.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 8:50am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

What seems to be happening, is a sort of bias against horror films. For example on the week of the release of "Miss March", that movie got a lot of buzz for looking horrible, yet "Last House on the Left" was chosen as Worst of the Weak. Same thing seems to have happened here. Two movies that look pretty bad are coming out, but the one gets edged ahead to be worst, because it is a horror movie. I don't really begrudge anyone for their movie viewing preference (Unless they actually like the Seltzerberg shlock, and then they need to be locked away) but it seems to me that the Head Razz just plain doesn't like horror. And why should I care, really? It's his call.

My worst prospect of the week is still going to 12 Rounds. I will most likely see the other two.

That bias thing is old news.  These guys have been kicking horror films around for as long as the Razzies have been in existence.  The only horror film that's gotten any real Razzie credibility is "I Know Who Killed Me".  Most of the other films they picked on were erotic romances, adaptations of any kind, or films containing actors/actresses they didn't like (for any reason, good or bad).

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 10:32am

1. Frank's POV. It can also be said that much like your analogy, it's like the diner adding the bay leaf to the same meatloaf they have been serving before and passing it off as something totally new, then someone eats it and says "This isn't new at all, it's just rehashed and the bay leaf made it all too biter". That's our take on remakes.

2. Miguel's POV. We bash horror movies because 9 out of 10 times, they do suck, period. For every one good "The Ring" movie, we then get nine unwatchable "One Missed Call" movies.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2009 at 4:05pm

I'm a huge fan of horror...if you couldn't tell.

Well, unfortunately, I didn't even know that. That's no wonder you've been making positive comments on nearly every horror movie on this site.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 11:18am

I know a good horror movie when I see one: The Uninvited, Last House on the Left, and yes, this one. As you can see, I've not defended The Unborn, soooooooo I think this will be decent, if not amazing.

No. No you don't.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 1:53pm

Yeah, in his case, it's more like: "ANY horror movie, no matter whatever flaws it may have = GOOD." 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

No. No you don't.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>