Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > DA VINCI CODE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Will the Code (or The Film) Be Broken?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the Code (or The Film) Be Broken?!?
    Posted: November 17 2006 at 11:37am
Have you ever read the sequel, wherein he additionally plays for the Saints, crashes the Exxon Valdez, creates New Coke (accidentally) and almost captures Saddam and saves the world a huge headache? 
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 5:56pm

Watched the movie with my dad, and my dad said that when he saw the end credits and was directed by Ron Howard, he said, "No wonder that was a good film." So, a lot of people have different opinions on movies, that's for sure. Tom Hanks didn't do a bad job, though I didn't like the greasy long hair he had in this film. Even Audrey Tautou did a good job as well.
Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou in Columbia Pictures' The Da Vinci Code

However, Ian McKellen faired much better than anyone in this film, and looked like he was having fun doing this film a lot more than anyone else. Alfred Molina and Jean Reno did do good, but were'nt given much. Paul Bettany was excellent as well.
Ian McKellen in Columbia Pictures' The Da Vinci Code

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 3:17am
I didn't think this movie was bad at all. I guess I just feel sorry for Ron in receiving a Worst Director Razzie nom. I guess he deserved it since everyone has said the problem for this film was the directing, and I guess Ron just had some problems with directing.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 2:30am
Well, I've heard much about the sequel, Angels and Demons, and I know Ron Howard is right now working on that. It's right now in pre-production, since they are still working on the casting for that.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:21am
Think about this, after being known as an actor in such films like The Music Man and American Graffiti, as well as being known as Opie in The Andy Griffith Show, and then winning the Best Achievements in Directing Oscar for A Beautiful Mind, which was a good movie, but was pretty weak, Ron Howard receives this Worst Director Razzie nom. Like everyone said, Ron just had a lot of trouble directing this movie.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 10:49am
The meaning of the word boring
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 12:51pm
There were some excellent suspense scenes though, but with a movie that's like 2 1/2 hours long it did look pretty boring.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 5:11pm
I just saw both movies again,and I still don't see why they're considered bad.

This one was alright.Very slow though.Shouldn't have been marketed as a thriller.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2010 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Vits

This one was alright.Very slow though.Shouldn't have been marketed as a thriller.
It's much easier to market a thriller than market a bunch of people talking for hours on end.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 2:12am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vits

It's much easier to market a thriller than market a bunch of people talking for hours on end.
I have seen them both and have got to say that The Da Vinci Code as a conspiracy movie was good I never read the book and don't really intend to so my view of the movie is not blinkered in anyway, Angels & Demons again as a suspense movie it wasn't bad I just went in and enjoyed it for what is and they were.
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 4:38pm
I read the book, which was actually the first "page turner" I've ever read. I never knew the word "page turner" would be possible to describe a book until I read The Da Vinci Code. That's how thrilling it was. When I saw the film, it wasn't like the thrilling page turner I read, but more of an under-key thriller, with everything being subtle. Even the score by Hans Zimmer is barely audible through most of the film. With that complaint, I still enjoyed the film. The performances were great but it could have been more thrilling.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 2:46pm
I gave this 6/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12