Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WINTER'S TALE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WINTER'S TALE
    Posted: February 12 2014 at 2:36pm
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM

B.O. MoJo Daily Grosses page

IMDB PAGE

Wow... this movie totally snuck up on me. I had no idea this movie even existed until I saw Winter's Tale currently has a 6% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Then I watched the full trailer... it made me laugh so hard . I was screaming and snorting almost to the point where I was crying tears of laughter.

I don't know what else to say about this movie. Only that I plan on seeing Winter's Tale as a Double Feature with the Endless Love Remake. Yeah I might be wasting money and my time but at least I'll be laughing really hard doing it. However, I do feel sorry for Russell Crow and Colin Farrell. They are both so much better than this Hilariously awful looking movie.

Here are some review quotes I encountered in the research for this movie. If you don't believe Winter's Tale will be a Razzie Revered Title , just read these hilarious reviews.

"'Winter's Tale' makes 'Safe Haven' look like 'The Godfather".
Screen Crush

"Fails on so many levels that I hesitate to even call it a movie". CinemaBlend.com

"An ineffectual account of an eternal love".
Hollywood Reporter

"Oblique, unstructured and demented, Winter's Tale aims to cast a dreamlike spell, but it's more like a nightmare.". New York Observer

"Oh My you have a gun! Umm.... you're very hot though. Want to Hook Up?"
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 3:46pm
My write-up isn't quite as insightful because of how little I know about this premise, but...

EVERY NOW AND THEN, WE GET FILMS INVOLVING WHITE STALLIONS, BE THEY HERO, HELPER, OR SYMBOL. THE LATEST FILM FROM WRITER / PRODUCER AKIVA GOLDSMAN, WINTER’S TALE, FEATURES A YOUNG BURGLAR WITH SUCH A HORSE AS HIS GUARDIAN ANGEL.

IN ONE OF THE HOUSES THE THIEF HAD BROKEN INTO, A GIRL HE LOVES IS ABOUT TO SUCCUMB TO TUBERCULOSIS. THOUGH THE PLOT IS BEING KEPT UNDER WRAPS, SAVE FOR THE BOOK IT’S ADAPTED FROM, WE DO KNOW HE’D BEEN TREADING ON AN IRISH CRIMINAL NETWORK’S TURF.

BACK IN WORLD WAR I ERA NEW ENGLAND, THE LOONY CRIME BOSS SENT HIS MINIONS TO HUNT HIM DOWN, AND THE HORSE SEEMINGLY ZOOMS IN OUT OF NOWHERE TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

CRITICAL RECEPTION TO WINTER’S TALE HAS BEEN AS COLD AS THE POLAR VORTEX THAT HAS BLASTED THE EASTERN HALF OF THE UNITED STATES THIS PAST MONTH, AND COLIN FARRELL STANDS TO FALL PRETTY HARD AFTER HIS SUCCESS WITH SAVING MR. BANKS. THIS IS HIS WORST FILM SINCE THE REMAKE OF TOTAL RECALL!

NOW THAT I’VE GOTTEN STARTED, FREEZE THE TAIL OFF WINTER’S TALE BELOW!

LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE KISSING UNDER THE STAR OF THE ICE QUEEN, JUST OUTSIDE A MYSTICAL FROSTY SPACE-AGE METROPOLIS. ONLY ONCE IN A BLEU MOON DO YOU GET SUCH UNINTENTIONAL LAUGH RIOTS!

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 3:57pm
Who's bright idea was it to cast Will Smith as Lucifer?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 4:04pm
After the Disaster of After Earth, Will Smith I think wants to lay low and not star in big roles in big movies. Who knows? Maybe he'll get another Worst Supporting Actor nomination...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 5:29pm
This is the leading debut of SAG and Vits Award winner Jessica Brown Findlay (Best TV Ensemble for DOWNTON ABBEY). Maybe we should bring back Worst New Star? Oh, well. At least her co-stars Jennifer Connelly and Russell Crowe will get a shot at redemption in NOAH.

Does this movie mean Akiva Goldsman is officially a hack?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 5:30pm
I present Goldsman's first feature film as a director... and his last
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 6:23pm
Akiva Goldsman wrote Batman And Robin. Of course he's a hack!!!!!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 6:24pm
Didn't he also win an Oscar for A Beautiful Mind?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 6:39pm
That's why I asked: Goldman's worked in a bunch of good and bad movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 6:41pm
I am seeing both Winter's Tale and Endless Love while The Lego Movie is out. I hope all of you are grateful!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 7:11pm
A Beautiful Mind was incredibly overrated and his Oscar win is an absolute sham. The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring should have won for Best Adapted Screenplay but the other nominees (Ghost World, In The Bedroom, and even Shrek) were way better. And even if it did deserve all of its Oscars it still wouldn't have made up for Batman And Robin.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 7:21pm
Dude, don't do that.

See The Lego Movie first before you see those two. They can wait.

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I am seeing both Winter's Tale and Endless Love while The Lego Movie is out. I hope all of you are grateful!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 7:32pm
I'll have to re-watch A BEAUTIFUL MIND. I think FELLOWSHIP, GHOST WORLD and SHREK were all deserving of Best Screenplay. IN THE BEDROOM? Overrated!
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

A Beautiful Mind was incredibly overrated and his Oscar win is an absolute sham. The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring should have won for Best Adapted Screenplay but the other nominees (Ghost World, In The Bedroom, and even Shrek) were way better.
What about THE CLIENT, AND TIME TO KILL, I, ROBOT, CINDERELLA MAN and I AM LEGEND?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

And even if it did deserve all of its Oscars it still wouldn't have made up for Batman And Robin.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 7:33pm
It's alright Oiram, my duties as a Razzie voter come first
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2014 at 7:52pm
The only one of those movies that was good was Cinderella Man. I Am Legend would have been good if they didn't alter the ending. Anyways, Cinderella Man's goodness can't make up for Batman And Robin's awfulness.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2014 at 10:55am
Leopoldo Muńoz (5/7): "At times, Akiva Goldsman flirts with cheesyness, but he quickly distances himself from that by putting Colin Farrel and Russell Crowe's characters face to face. This is a great love story, magical and exciting, that doesn't even think on getting close to clichés".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>