Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > WITLESS PROTECTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WITLESS, Indeed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WITLESS, Indeed!
    Posted: February 21 2008 at 2:22pm
Fortunately, not an enormous amount of people flock to Larry's features. What keeps these films coming is their low production costs, making it easy to turn a profit. I personally don't find releases like this one as bothersome as massive wastes of cash like Michael Bay's work, or unjustifiably popular exercises in witless vulgarity by Adam Sandler.
tinkerbell View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tinkerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 5:17am
Get over it people!!!  Larry is funny, he's not trying to be the best actor in Hollywood.  He's trying to be funny for crying out loud and he is!!!!  Try to lighten up and take a joke... geeze!
NEBRASKA TINKERBELL
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 3:10pm
If only I could agree with you about him being funny.

We aren't opposed to people being humorous, it's the failure to do so when attempting it that is bothersome. And when films this tactless come into existence, it's damaging to the genre as a whole. Just because the intent is comedic, doesn't mean exceptions should be made for sub-par material.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 2:27am

Originally posted by tinkerbell

Get over it people!!!  Larry is funny, he's not trying to be the best actor in Hollywood.  He's trying to be funny for crying out loud and he is!!!!  Try to lighten up and take a joke... geeze!

His style of humor eludes me, but let's grant that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Being funny doesn't, in itself, imply the talent to carry a good movie. I can see that someone in Hollywood might take  the chance once. But I think it has already been adequately demonstrated that the only thing more annoying than Larry the Cable guy onscreen for ten minutes is Larry the Cable Guy onscreen for 90 minutes.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tinkerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 3:27am

...and this is exactly what I'm talking about. You people are WAY to serious about movies and comedy!  Larry is doing what a lot of people have done behind closed doors for a long time, and that is making fun of the less fortunate.  He is showing kids who are bullied or made fun of how to laugh at the situations and get on with their lives, if you really think about it.  You people are just over-thinking the situation.  You are probably over-educated, stuck up jerks who can't take a joke -- or maybe you dont understand the jokes he makes, which is why you aren't fans.  You need to understand that everyone is ENTITLED to their own opinion, and a lot of people enjoy Larry's kind of humor. No one makes you watch his movies! 

Here's a rule of thumb... his movies and stand-up are always going to contain the same kind of humor, so don't watch them if you haven't liked them thus far. Duh! 

NEBRASKA TINKERBELL
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 8:45am

...And I think we know have the equivalent of a #1 Sly Fan representing Larry the Cable Guy (Go figure)...Tinkerbell even makes Larry's case more sympathetic than that of the Stallone camp has ever made for the Sly-Guy. Anyways...

Tinkerbell (I wish my daughter could read this, she is a big "Tinkerbell"Fan), To be brutally honest here just because Larry is a good stand-up comedian (and yes I do find his stand-up material funny) does not mean it will translate into the Silver Screen side of the entertainment business (At least not his live action movies). No one here is trying to "over think" anything (Especially about Larry), and I hate to disappoint you but I only have a high school education with some college credit (As I am sure that HEADRazz will attest to since he is always helping me with my grammar on the Razzie posts) as I am sure not everybody in this forum holds a docterate in an area of expertise (except maybe Saturnwatcher). But as you stated everyone is ENTITLED to their own opinion, and were Larry the Cable Guy is concerned in this forum he is on the higher end of a pile of manure when it comes to his live action flicks!

So heres a rule of thumb for navigating through this forum... If you think you may read something concerning your favorite actor/actress that distresses you than don't continue to punish yourself by reading our posts. Duh!

Lighten Up!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 7:52am
I think Larry's stand up is funny, but his movies suck.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 11:16am
...Could not have said it better myself!!!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 3:42pm

Just to second some of the sentiments above, I really have no problem with anyone enjoying Larry's standup, although as noted, I'm not a fan. BUT...his appeal has not translated to the silver screen, as demonstrated by the fact that the movies he has made to date have not been enthusiastically received by either critics or the public at large, as is evidenced by the box-office numbers. Larry's televised Christmas special was also a rather dismal failure, suggesting that even Larry's fans tend to prefer him in the smaller doses typical of the stand up format.

I must say that some of us are accumulating impressive resumes on this site...I, for example, and now a stuck up smart a$$ who votes with his dick. That not withstanding, I rather disagree with your premise that Larry's humor tends to champion the underdog. Quite to the contrary, a great deal of his material seems to be aimed at people with disabilites, gays etc. I don't necessarily have a problem with society finding any avenue to laugh at itself, providing that we recognize it for what it is, which I think to an extent you actually fail to do. Nonetheless, this site is about exposing and discussing trash movies, and Larry is already accumulating a filmography well worthy of our attentions.

By the way, permit me to belatedly welcome you to the board, and what the heck happened to your football team this year?  Would it be safe to assume that their appalling lack of success has massively driven the residents of Nebraska toward other diversions, and the only one they could find was Larry the Cable Guy?

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tinkerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 4:12pm
now you make me cry as i am a husker fan as well  thank goodness we finally fired the two bad seeds and hopefully over the next few years we will begin to climb our way back to the top.  however this is not a board for discussing football as that is a WHOLE other topic and being a nebraskan i could go on and on about it!  i will leave the larry topic alone now.  i have spoken my piece.  i just wanted it to be know that i thought people could speak their minds without bashing on the actors/comedians.  its no wonder we have "britney spears" in the world when there are people out there just waiting to bash every wrong move.  that is all i was trying to say.  im sure we've all made mistakes and maybe we've made the same one more than once, that doesnt mean we have to be so nasty to others when they do the same.  larry is just a human being, whom i think IS funny, let him make his mistakes and when his pocket book is empty we wont be able to write about him anymore cuz he wont be able to afford to make anymore movies.  im sure some of you will jeer back saying you cant wait for the day and that is fine because it once again shows your maturity.
NEBRASKA TINKERBELL
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 3:47am

You have pushed us back in the direction of ground we have covered previously on this board.  At the moment anyone in this society accepts the enormous benefits of celebrity, they also must accept the pitfalls of the loss of a measure of privacy. Sadly, some of them are quick to put on quite dismal show in the limelight. While it is true that we are all human, most of us make some considerable effort to avoid making the same mistakes repeatedly. Most celebrities have discovered the ability to conduct their affairs with sufficient discretion that their errors do not end up on the front page of every supermarket rag and People Magazine.

I hasten to point out, however, that our criticisms of Larry have absolutely nothing whatsover to do with his personal conduct, which, to the best of my knowledge is reasonably good. The simple fact of the matter is that the man has made a growing list of dreg movies, which is in the realms of our discussions.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 6:36am

Thats a big Amen! Brother Saturnwatcher.

Words to live by:
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:42am
Originally posted by tinkerbell

He's funny...ON STAGE!!!!!

Larry's movies are nothing more than overkill...and another reason for him to NOT give up his day job... There are some people that should stick to stand-up and Larry is one of them... He just doesn't make that transition to the big screen in an appealing manner...

It's bad enough that he's bombing worse than Bill Cosby during his film career...AND not earning a well-deserved Razzie or four...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 10:59am
Just saw this. It was worse than "Delta Farce" and "Health Inspecter" combined. I don't know who more deserving of a Worst Supporting Actor nod: Peter Stormare or Eric Roberts? I'll go with Stormare because he has a snotty British accent.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 4:10am

Check out my first response to Delta Farce http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1894&PN =1...and add "and Delta Farce put together" to that sentence for this movie...and you may have an accurate review...

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12