Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Word from Someone Whooz Actually SEEN IT!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Word from Someone Whooz Actually SEEN IT!
    Posted: June 23 2010 at 5:35pm
I was doing an interview with someone from A Major Entertainment Magazine today, and when I mentioned that we were anticipating EXPENDABLES would be A Serious Contender, they mentioned that they'd already attended a screening and..."It's everything you'd expect it to be!" 

WOW -- Can't WAIT 'till this one comes out!!  
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 6:35pm
I can already picture HeadRazz's mouth watering and him getting into a jumping stance as he prepares to pounce on it like a lion on a zebra!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 1:35pm
And I read some other reviews from other people who have seen it too saying that it's a very good movie and Stallone did his job very well... Why aren't you just attacking a certainly awful movie, Twilight: Eclipse?!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Why aren't you just attacking a certainly awful movie, Twilight: Eclipse?!
Because we're too busy attacking "The Last Fartbender".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:41pm
Twilight the Eclipse scored 52% at R.T....not great, but certainly not a movie to which we will give much more attention. We don't know how The Expendables is going to fare, but it is written, directed by and stars Stallone, who's track record speaks for itself. Further, he has tossed in every washed up action star in the business, making this VERY worthy of our early attention. Like Rocky Balboa, it may well turn out better than we expect, but I'd lay odds against it.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:45pm

And I read some other reviews from other people who have seen it too saying that it's a very good movie and Stallone did his job very well... Why aren't you just attacking a certainly awful movie, Twilight: Eclipse?!
Might I respectfully request that you provide us with some sources for that claim?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 8:22am
I have yet to hear a single person talk about "Expendables" being a great movie. Everyone is seeing just because their favorite action movie star of choice is appearing in it, that's all. Everyone is already accepting the fact that it will be the anti-Inception, just a movie in which you turn your brain off and stare at the pretty colors.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 2:39am
Just as an FYI, there was a test screening of the movie back in February, at that stage it was about 85% done (mainly audio and music needed to be worked on) I looked around the web and compiled a list of reviews from it, so far reaction has been overwhelmingly positive with one guy even having a MWG orgasm over it. There is also one Lukewarm review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43947

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43941

http://www.fanboyweb.com/?p=4

http://www.collider.com/2010/02/10/a-reader-review-of-a-test-screening-for-sylvester-stallones-the-expendables/

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/414878/the_expendables_early_test_screening_reactions.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/10/early-reader-review-sylvester-stallones-the-expendables/

http://ethelmae.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/now-that-ive-seen-the-expendables/

and finally a statement about the early test screenings from Stallone and that fat guy who runs AIC:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43943

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 7:02am
LOL MWG orgasm! Clap Yeah, mind you, these are early reviews in July for a movie set to be released in August. We'll see just how long these "overwhelmingly positive" reviews keep coming in.  

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

so far reaction has been overwhelmingly positive with one guy even having a MWG orgasm over it. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 8:27pm
I'm always a bit skeptical of those test screenings. First of all, a lot of them are done by research groups in malls or other places where people gather, and they tend to target specific demographics. That leads to a rather biased sampling. In effect, they can target people that would be inclined to enjoy the movie to start with. Second, it is awfully easy to manipulate the data. Unless the reaction is so overwhelmingly negative that they can't ignore it, they can simply report the positive stuff they receive.

hmmm M-gasm LOL
sharong View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sharong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 2:29am
And I read some other reviews from other people who have seen it too

----------------

<a href="http://www.cartoon77.com/products/Married-With-Children-Seasons-1-11-DVD-Boxset-cartoon-1847.html">married with children dvd</a>|<a href="http://www.cartoon77.com">married with children</a>
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 2:10pm
Thought you guys would like that, but the reviews are actually from February, though... 

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

so far reaction has been overwhelmingly positive with one guy even having a MWG orgasm over it. 
LOL MWG orgasm! Clap Yeah, mind you, these are early reviews in July for a movie set to be released in August. We'll see just how long these "overwhelmingly positive" reviews keep coming in.
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 4:46pm
Oh yeah, a lot can change in 6 months!
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 8:27pm
Next week guys, this future masterpiece come up next week!!!!! :D Cannot wait, just cannot wait!!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2010 at 8:43pm

Next week guys, this future masterpiece come up next week!!!!! :D Cannot wait, just cannot wait!!!!
Oh, I'm sure Razzie members can't wait either, but not for the same reasons that you are waiting for.
 Post Reply Post Reply