Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS > POLL: WORST ACTOR Choices for 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorst ACTOR in a Leading Role, 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which of These 15 Would YOU Pick as The BERRY Worst??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[2.31%]
[1.93%]
[10.93%]
[2.44%]
[2.24%]
[10.51%]
[2.34%]
[14.16%]
[3.73%]
[1.70%]
[8.10%]
[10.31%]
[2.19%]
[16.71%]
[10.41%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst ACTOR in a Leading Role, 2005
    Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:50am

Alan Moore wasn't happy with LoEG, this is true.  But he didn't actually threaten suit over that one.  I think he requested his name be taken off the DVD, but it's been a while since I read his thoughts on this. He did, however, I distinctly remember, threaten a suit with Constantine.

As it stands, Constantine is the only one he asked to have his name removed from BEFORE the release of the film after reading the script.  Last I heard, I believe he has allowed his credit to stand in V for Vendetta, despite being rather annoyed at how Joel Silver has been promoting the film.

Uriel View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:10am
Starman, I am not a fan of Keanu and esp. not of Constantine - far from it - but I remember the story about Alan Moore different.
Alan Moore was pissed about LoEG and wanted to erase his name and doesn't want any money from now on! He mentioned that this was NOT against Constantine. The lawsuit was settled at the time of Constantine's release.

Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 5:26pm

Okay.  Apparently the board is under seige by a lot of Keannu fans.

All you have to know about Constantine the movie is this.

The character of John Constantine in the comics, was created by a British bloke named Alan Moore.  Alan is famous for being of the opinion that it is impossible to do justice to a story written for a book in a film adaptation. 

I cannot find the interview where he said this, but his feeling is that the media are two different things and that the best you can hope for is something like Blade Runner... which has sod all to do with the story that inspired it, but which emphasizes the same themes and ideas the author intended.

He has refused any money he was owed for the adaptations of his works for these reasons.  But he has also allowed them to put his name in the credits of these various films, though he himself refuses to see the movies.

And the movies that were based off of his books?  Some old Razzie nominees and contenders.  From Hell.  The League of Extraordinary Gentlmen.  And the upcoming V for Vendetta.  Great books.  Not so good movies.

Anyway, Constantine was different.  Constantine is the only movie Alan Moore threatened to sue to have his name removed from.  THAT is how horrible the movie is in comparison to the comics.

And let me tell you... even ignoring the lack of a British accent, the  lack of wit and the fact that he runs around with a magical shotgun and everything else that flies in the face of the very British, very sarcastic and very not-a-fighter John Constantine of the comics... Keannu made a total bollocks of the movie.

ke@nu_f@n View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 10:03am
Keanu has the BEST ACTOR in the whole world!i don't know how said the contrary...but i can say that's not so...
love all girls in club Keanu lounge!
Razzcop View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 8:23am
Houston, we have a hacker. I saw the votes for
Jamie Kennedy go up over 200 in a matter OF
minutes while there were virtually no votes for
anyone else and no votes in the other polls.    

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THESE POLLS IF
HACKERS VOTE MORE THAN ONCE?   

ONE VOTE PER PERSON PLEASE   
Denise View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 7:09am

Orlando should soooo be up there.. let me count the ways: 

Reviews from Kingdom of Heaven:

The hairless whelp barely registers on-screen. Even perched atop Golgotha in a moment of what we're told is religious contemplation, Bloom looks like a kid staring out the window during study hall.
Balian asks: "What does God want from me?" I don't presume to speak for the Almighty, but I know the rest of us would be thrilled if you took some acting lessons.
- The Philadelphia Weekly

The dispiriting result of Bloom's blandness is that in a movie touted as the first big-ticket picture of the summer, even Edward Norton's leper king proves more interesting than Bloom's French blacksmith. And Norton spends the entire movie behind a mask.
- USA Today

New Yorker -  Rouses the tremulous defenders of Jerusalem with all the assurance of a head prefect addressing a school assembly.

And let's not forget Elizabethtown...

New York Times - Mr. Bloom, in contrast, cute as he is, is all blank stares and shy smiles. Perhaps Drew is meant to be dazed by shock and grief; perhaps he is supposed to be dumbstruck by his noisy Kentucky relations and Claire, his chatterbox love interest with whom he can't seem to get off the cellphone. It's hard to tell, and harder to care, as Mr. Bloom distinguishes himself, in this performance as in most of his others, by his steadfast reluctance to explore his range as an actor.

The bad reviews just go on... and on... and on... Please, somebody finally give this guy attention for the right reasons - totally inappropriate and irritating screen presence if one was ever handed to an audience on a platter.

But anyway, it's just a poll. *deep breath... heh heh* 

Uwe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 6:26am
It´s really strange with Keanu Reeves. He was really good in Constantine movie. And Tom Cruise was Good too. War of The Worlds was good. Kennedy, Slater, Ferrell and Schneider are in right places.
HoHoHo View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 3:23am
This Poll is spoiled. Where is Ashton Kutcher for A Lot Like Love??? And Paul Walker?
Willy Girl View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 3:01am

Michael Jackson? Please. I never saw Michael Jackson in that performance. I think you fellas have Michael Jackson on the brain to even go there.

As for Keanu Reeves, he simply doesn't belong, and from previous nominations, I'd say you pretty much hate him and it's a personal thing. Why?

Pjam Fan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 2:59am

Please, admin of this forum! Could you please explain how come someone could add more than 200 votes to Keanu Reeves in less than 24 hours? Probably it was some Keanu hater with so much time in hands to that but, is that accepted? because, if so, this Poll is totally a wasted time for people who really comes here, add a vote and try to discuss it.

DEAR Pjam Fan (from HeadRAZZberry): We are currently attempting to figure out HOW our Polls are (apparently) being hacked, and what (if anything) we can do to prevent it. We share your concerns on this matter...

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 5:02am
I gotta admit, I saw the Ringer and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't really care for Johnny Knoxville ( He was better in this than Hazzard, though), but Brian Cox was awesome. The movie was good when he was on-screen, otherwise it dragged.
tom View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 11:22am
the worst is Will Ferrell, his atuaction in "Bewitched" was badlyyyyyyyyyyyy, where´s Ashton Kutcher ( Guess Who and A Lot Like  Love)...?
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 6:46am
To Robertin: Unlike Johnny Knoxville, you have nothing to apologize for. Just wanted to point out that at least ONE "oversight" we're being ragged about WASN'T an oversight after all!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 5:36am

Sorry!!!

I´ll check better next time

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 11:10am

In response to Robertin above: Johnny Knoxville IS on the Worst Actor Poll List (with multiple titles, yet)...

In response to Mango: Although Johnny Depp's bizarre version of Willy Wonka was WAY off from what Roald Dahl wrote in his novel, the rest of the 2005 remake of CHARLIE was far more respectful of Dahl's original than the 1970s Gene Wilder version. But Depp, apparently imitating Michael Jackson, was SO off-the-mark that every time he came onscreen, I found myself taken out of the film to wonder "What was he thinking?" And to me, any element of a film that calls attention to itself, instead of contributing to the whole, is more of a distraction than an asset. I am pleased to see that, so far, more than 50 people seem to agree with me...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Mango View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 9:25am

I wouldn't have wanted an exact remake of the original Willy Wonka either.  However, Willy Wonka was supposed to be this eccentric genius who preferred life in his factory to the real world and avoiding the corruption it would have brought. 

I just don't like what they did to the character in the new version.  They made him spoiled and selfish - basically turning him into the one the children who get kicked out. 

I don’t think they did justice to the character or the book.  Just my opinion of course but I will always prefer the original to this version (even with the singing, which did get annoying).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>