Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS > POLL: WORST ACTOR Choices for 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorst ACTOR in a Leading Role, 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which of These 15 Would YOU Pick as The BERRY Worst??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[2.31%]
[1.93%]
[10.93%]
[2.44%]
[2.24%]
[10.51%]
[2.34%]
[14.16%]
[3.73%]
[1.70%]
[8.10%]
[10.31%]
[2.19%]
[16.71%]
[10.41%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst ACTOR in a Leading Role, 2005
    Posted: December 27 2005 at 8:20am

This topic proves that 2005 was a terrible year for the dramatic arts...

Eventhough the list is fairly accurate, I must agree with those that state that it has a lot of missing items. Jonny Knoxville, Jimmy Fallon (YUK!) and 50 Cent (I guess) should´ve been on that list, among some other examples you´ve already mentioned.

About those who must not be there: Reeves did a fine job in Constantine, but that´s not enough to pop the bottles: in many ways, that role was very similar to Neo, a character he did perfectly and in a way pigeonholed him, so that´s nothing new.

harley View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 3:03pm
I enjoyed Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka I don't think I would have enjoyed that movie if he would have copied Gene Wilder's version of the character.  I wasn't a fan of all of the singing in the original version.

And I loved Keanu in Constantine and Thumbsucker.  I think he is a great actor and I'm not sure why the Razzies keep picking on him when there were much much worse performances in movies.  Like Dennis Quaid  in Yours Mine and Ours,  Antonio Banderas in The Legend of Zorro, Paul Walker Into the Blue, the entire cast of The Dukes of Hazzard just to name a few.
William Shatner View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 1:29pm
Cruise was good in WOTW. Not fair. That list is idiot.
Mango View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 12:14pm

Keanu should not be on the list.  He was wonderful in Constantine.  His performance was dead on and made the movie.  Do the Razzie people just hate him or something? 

Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka kinda of freaked me out but I don't think he deserves to be on this list either.  Although I did vote for him because he did freak me out.  Did he not watch the original version??

As for Tom Cruise, well, I didn't see War of the Worlds so I can't comment on the movie but his odd behavior certainly should be nominated for something. 

Orlando, Orlando, why aren't you here?  What the heck happened to you?  Get back to the stuff you do well!

Don't even get me started on 50 cents, Rob Schneider, Usher, etc.  Is it possible to be so bad that you can't make it on the Razzie list?  I think they prove you can be THAT bad.  

lauryb View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 10:36am

Ok, so yeah, Fun with Dick and Jane isn't Jim Carrey's best movie and I doubt it will break any box office record... However, he doesn't belong on the worst actors' list. Johnny Knoxville, Jamie Kennedy, Rob Schneider...now THESE are bad actors!! Come on, Jim's proven time and again that he's a very good actor capable of Oscar worthy performances, so I think he deserves to be forgiven. And yeah, where's Orlando??? If it weren't for all his teenybopper fans, he wouldn't have a career to speak of! As for Keanu, I think Constantine was one of his only very good performances, so he doesn't deserve to be nominated either.

(My vote went to Jamie, by the way)

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2005 at 10:32am
I heard the great Vincent D'onofrio was awesome in Thumbsucker, he won (I believe) the Stockholm Film Festival award for Best actor for it.
Rooze View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2005 at 10:30am

I agree Keanu isn't the best actor in the world, but he was good in COnstantine, and very good in Thumbsucker. So, sorry, he doesn't deserve a nomination this year.

And, yes, were is Orlando? I mean, that Crusade atrocity, and that other crap with Kirsten Dunst: Jeez, that was aweful indeed.

Pjam Fan View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2005 at 4:54am

Cruise was good in War of the Worlds. Even great. People are picking him because of the TomKat awful story. Keanu was AWESOME as Constantine. The man was a rough soul, dry and quiet, and Reeves added so much to it. The Rock wasn't a leading man in Doom, neither Jamie Foxx in Stealth, and Foxx was the only good thing in the whole movie.

So, what the hell of Worst Leading Men list is it??? Where is 50 cent? Where is Usher? Where is Orlando Bloom? Where is Paul Walker,( for Into the Blue), where's Michael Keaton (White Noise) for God's sake??? Are you guys who chose the poll blind? 

Classyfox View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 8:26pm

I can't say which one deserves that title , but I can tell you who should NOT be there !

Both Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, and Keanu Reeves should'nt even be a consideration.

Depp is a good, good actor and his acting as Willie Wonka was really a cool peice of work. He gave Wonka an interesting character.

Tom Cruise was great in War of the Worlds, and he's a good actor period.

Keanu Reeves was believable as the Constantine character , looking and acting like the despondent, temperamental, and peaky guy he was supposed to be in that movie. He was supposed to be a sulking sort of person; someone reluctant to talk much. He carried it off well. I give him credit.

Hades View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 3:38pm

I have to say I felt an urge to vote for Johnny Depp too. He was a bad, bad, bad Willy Wonka. And was atrocious in The Libertine.   The man could have done a wonderful job and just blew it. He deserves his name in that list this year.

Hades View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 3:24pm
Worst actor of the year: 50 cent. Why isn't he in this list???
no one famous View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 7:08am
Miss Pig, Usher was not the worst thing in "In The Mix." You forgot Anthony Fazio as Chazz Palmineri's jive talking son.
Miss Pig View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 3:43am
OK, a Worst Actor Poll that doesn't include: Orlando Bloom (for two of the worst movies of the year), Paul Walker and the WORST of all: USHER! How can In the Mix stay out of so many categories? Usher must be there. I cannot believe that Cruise, Depp and Reeves were worse than those three! It's idiot.
Browser View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 3:52pm

As someone who was unfortunate enough to see Elizabethtown and the first 10 minutes of Kingdom of Heaven, I cannot support a 'Worst Actor' poll that doesn't include...

Orlando Bloom

!

no one famous View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 8:13am

Fair enough. It's unfortunate that an agent's ability to garner their client inflated billing dictates what category they are placed in. Short of bringing a stop watch with you to the movies and creating some sort of minimum screen time requirement for "lead" performers, I suppose it's all subjective.

But if above-the-title billing is your litmus test for distinguishing between lead and supporting categories, then you might want to reconsider Jessica and Ashlee Simpson and Son of the Mask's Alan Cumming. All three have above-the-title billing in their respective films, and I think Cumming may have had almost as much screen time as Jamie Foxx. So using your argument, that could make them lead performers.

Regardless, my money is on Rob Schneider to take the booby prize this year. Go Rob Go!!!!

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 3:57am
In response to both "StinkersRule" and "NoOneFamous" on the previous page, regarding Jamie Foxx and The Rock being listed for Worst Actor rather than Worst Supporting: The main thing we are satirizing with The RAZZIES is The Oscars, so we follow their lead whenever appropriate. The Academy seems always to base nominations on the performer's billing, rather than his/her actual screen time, and both Foxx and Rock had "above-the-title" billing in their respective films. Oscar Precedent: No one can make a convincing case that Anthony Hopkins in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS actually had a leading role (his total screen time was barely 20 minutes) but he was co-billed with Jodie Foster in the film's ads, and so won a Best Actor statuette. Unfair though it may be, the same concept applies here...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>