Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: POSSIBLE WORST ACTRESSES for 2010
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST ACTRESS of 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Poll Question: HOOZ YER PICK 4 US 2 PICK ON?!?!????
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[2.23%]
[2.32%]
[0.17%]
[0.18%]
[43.29%]
[4.87%]
[1.43%]
[0.11%]
[2.31%]
[0.10%]
[0.28%]
[0.12%]
[42.38%]
[0.21%]

Author
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST ACTRESS of 2010
    Posted: December 23 2010 at 6:11pm
Blunt is supporting and I thought she was ok. Worse than usual, but still... ok ;P

My vote is Miley Cyrus. She was so horrible, she needs win. My runner up are Katherine Heigl and Jennifer Aniston, they were horrible aswell.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 2:44am
Vits, I keep telling everybody limited releases are fair game, and have racked up awards in the past, even Worst Picture (Dirty Love, anybody?). 

If I have any gripes, it's because Helen Mirren isn't up there for Love Ranch. . . . Wink
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 2:58am
I agree with the others.  Did Emily Blunt get enough screen time on The Wolfman to be placed on the actress list rather than the supporting actress list?  I actually couldn't say if she was on the screen more than 20 minutes, and it seemed she was onscreen much less, but now to think of it, I could be wrong.

Whatever the case, she deserves to be nominated.

However, it's Katherine Heigl, Megan Fox and Miley Cyrus competing for this category, and I'm throwing my vote to Megan Fox.  Heigl can act circles around Fox, although it seems Heigl couldn't pick a good movie script to save her career.  Throw Jennifer Anniston and Kristin Stewart in the lot, and I'll be happy.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 11:15am
Everytime I mention the subject, someone tells me those movies got "lucky" to win??  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Vits, I keep telling everybody limited releases are fair game, and have racked up awards in the past, even Worst Picture (Dirty Love, anybody?).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 11:17am
You put Jolie on the list for Tourist and NOT Salt?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While many of our Forum members didn't care for SALT, reviews on it were actually within "fresh" range on R.T. (LINK) while TOURIST was well within RAZZIE® range (LINK). Also, SALT's box office was nearly $120 million domestic (LINK). Either of those factors alone would arguably "disqualify" SALT from being a strong contender. Together, they all but exempt SALT from inclusion among this year's likely RAZZIE® nominees... 

Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 11:52am
I'd like to know who said that win was "lucky" (good choice of quotation marks), and then explain to me why that movie's "luck" is any different from any other worst movie's "luck".

Bottom line, we consider limited releases as well as wide releases.  When it comes to the Worst of the Weak, HeadRAZZ usually picks the wide release over the limited release mainly because he considers what the broadly located membership is able to view.  That doesn't preclude limited releases by any means.

Originally posted by Vits

Everytime I mention that subject,someone tells me those movies got "lucky" to win.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 1:08pm
They were lucky because limited releases may be elegible but seem to be constantly overlooked...  

JR1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 4:21pm
Not only did the Globes nominate The Tourist, but also Burlesque - but I suspect the HFPA wanted a true musical in that category, even if it wasn't very good. And when reviewing The Tourist, critics didn't exactly say Jolie gave a good performance, did they?

Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 5:25pm
John, any chance to place Nicola Peltz as lead and Seychele Gabriel as supporting in the Nominating Ballot?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by JR1

Not only did the Globes nominate The Tourist, but also Burlesque - but I suspect the HFPA wanted a true musical in that category, even if it wasn't very good. And when reviewing The Tourist, critics didn't exactly say Jolie gave a good performance, did they?
Again, giving ANY nods to "Tourist" is just a stunt to get ratings with the help of Depp and Jolie. And "Red", what is that doing there? Wasn't that an action movie?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Vits

Everytime I mention the subject, someone tells me those movies got "lucky" to win??  

In terms of "Dirty Love", "BloodRayne" should have won everything that year. Or was it "Alone In The Dark"? It was either Uwe Boll movie.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 12:22am

Dirty Love: Bottom 30 of 2005, #1. Alone in the Dark: Bottom 30 of 2005, #9. BloodRayne: Bottom 30 of 2006, #3.

It probably had to do with Jenny McCarthy. They didn't want a scatological star to make a movie. Especially after a series of events known as "The Leak", where several famous women wet themselves earlier in 2005.
TheMovieSpoiler View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheMovieSpoiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 7:26am
Anyone who doesn't vote for Angelina in THE TOURIST obviously hasn't seen the movie.  She is amazingly bad and has to be the only reason why it was nominated in the comedy category in the Golden Globes.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 10:47am
Come on.I know you're all desperate to award the movie in every possible category,but if Peltz is supporting,she's supporting.

Originally posted by Odyssey

John, any chance to place Nicola Peltz as lead and Seychele Gabriel as supporting in the Nominating Ballot?

RED was an action comedy.THE TOURIST was an action "thriller."

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Again, giving ANY nods to "Tourist" is just a stunt to get ratings with the help of Depp and Jolie. And "Red", what is that doing there? Wasn't that an action movie?

Longbourne View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Longbourne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 11:34am

Somebody Get Angelina’s and Jennifer ‘s names on that ballot -- it would surely turn this year’s show into a media circus if they both were competing for Razzie "honors." Forcing  crazed Team Jen & Team Angie fans to vote in droves. 

And Megan fox deserves a break -- she wasn’t really leading in Jonah Hex.

JR1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 11:55am
I too wondered about Red at first, but then read that it had comedic elements.

BTW- anyone know why "Musical' is lumped with "Comedy"? Lots of musical are more dramatic than comedic. Is it because musicals are "light" with the song-and-dance routines?

The Tourist nods, though, may be the funniest ever- and, yeah, since it stars two of the biggest box office stars in the world, the HFPA would want to give them incentive to attend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>