Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: POSSIBLE WORST ACTRESSES for 2010
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST ACTRESS of 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Poll Question: HOOZ YER PICK 4 US 2 PICK ON?!?!????
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[2.23%]
[2.32%]
[0.17%]
[0.18%]
[43.29%]
[4.87%]
[1.43%]
[0.11%]
[2.31%]
[0.10%]
[0.28%]
[0.12%]
[42.38%]
[0.21%]

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST ACTRESS of 2010
    Posted: December 23 2010 at 9:04am

THOUGH IT HAS A MORE MANAGEABLE NUMBER of CONTENDERS,
WORST ACTRESS IS ANOTHER OVER-CROWDED CATEGORY for 2010. 

PLEASE PICK ONE CHOICE from AMONG the 14 LISTED ABOVE --
AND/OR LET US KNOW of ANYONE YOU THINK 
WE COULD'VE or SHOULD'VE INCLUDED and DID NOT...AS WELL AS (IF YOU INSIST!) ANYONE WE DID INCLUDE THAT YOU THINK WE SHOULDN'TA. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

To clarify -- Forum polls are "just for fun," and have nothing to do with 

the actual/eventual results of this year's RAZZIE® Awards, 

which are determined by dues-paying Voting Members of the G.R.A.F. 

If you would like to become a Voting Member and receive 

both Nominating and Final Ballots for this year's RAZZIES®

here's the LINK to do so:  

http://razzies.com/join.asp

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 9:54am
Just about everyone I thought was gonna be up for this is up here, so I don't have any to add.  I'm down to Fox, Heigl, and Stewart, and don't think I can narrow it down any further!  

AwesomelyBadCrap View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote AwesomelyBadCrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 10:04am
I voted for Christina. I think a lot of people had such low expectations for her and the movie in the first place that her terrible performance isn't getting the attention it deserves. ErmmHeigl in Killers is my runner-up. I got the feeling she thought she was giving a great comedic performance in that film and she was just painfully unfunny. 

I hadn't realized that Gulliver's Travels had come out yet.  
In my spare time, I love to watch Awesomely Bad Crap
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 11:20am

W.T.F.,HeadRAZZ?! What's the point of "Worst Ensemble" if you put together the 4 actresses from "Sex and the City 2"?!  

Isn't Emily Blunt supporting in both movies?  

The Golden Globes always screw when nominating bad movies,but they always choose good performances, and bad movies can have good performances. So why is Angelina Jolie here?  

Why do you insist with Kristen Stewart? Even the 50% of critics who didn't like the movie said she acts well.

Renee Zellwegger? I thought limited releases can't be nominated.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Answering your inquiries point-by-point -- The four actresses listed together for SEX AND THE CITY #2 was to avoid them taking up more than one slot for Worst Actress when there are so many worthy choices this year...I have not yet seen GULLIVER'S but did see WOLFMAN on DVD, and Blunt's character (much like Megan Fox's in JONAH HEX) may not have been on screen in every scene, but was clearly the leading female character...If it were not for Fox's silly Southern drawl in JONAH, Jolie in THE TOURIST would get my vote for the Year's Worst Accent. Yes, Jolie was beautiful in the film (as were the Venice locations) but beautiful only buys you so much when you can't get past how phony her every line reading was...As for Kristen Stewart, I don 't know of anyone who found her pouty, breathless, ludicrously brooding performance in ECLIPSE appealing -- I think she got OK reviews for her other 2010 release(s) and so is listed solely for the TWILIGHT title...and Rene Zellwegger in CASE 39 was not a limited release here in the US -- According to B.O. MoJo, it played on more than 2,200 screens last October (LINK). And, even if it were a "limited release," our rules state that a movie need only play in ONE theatre for one week in either New York or L.A. to qualify -- This point is clarified in the text atop our annual List of Eligible releases (LINK for 2010 list).  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 11:41am

Did the critics really say Angelina Jolie acted better in The Tourist? Did they really say that about Kristin Stewart in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse?

Case 39 was a wide release.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 11:49am
I fully agree with you, Vits

Originally posted by Vits

W.T.F.,HeadRAZZ?!What's the point of "Worst Ensemble" if you put together those 4 actresses?!

I went against everything I believe in (always vote for the worst performence) and voted for Angelina Jolie.

I really hope that she gets nominated, just to attack the credibility of the Golden Globes.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 12:06pm

Peter Travers attacked the credibility of the Golden Globes by listing 'The Tourist' at No. 1 on his Worst of 2010 list.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 12:10pm
Miguel, do you have a link to Peter Travers worst list. I am interested now.
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 12:28pm
Personally, I voted for what I think is the worst performance (Heigl). And even if the Globes had nominated Cyrus and Fox as Best Actress, I'd have still voted for Heigl.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 12:29pm
You guys are talking about THE TOURIST as a whole.We're talking about Jolie's performance.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Did the critics really say Angelina Jolie acted better in The Tourist? Did they really say that about Kristin Stewart in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse?

Case 39 was a wide release.

1)More like Jolie is good and Stewart is O.K.,but considering the reception of that movie it's a compliment.
2)Sorry.I meant movies nobody saw.
Originally posted by JoeBoyden

And even if the Globes had nominated Cyrus and Fox as Best Actress, I'd have still voted for Heigl.
No.That would never happen.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 12:53pm
Here is a link to Peter Travers' Ten Worst List...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 1:38pm
Thank you Miguel,

Hmmm...He seems to chose the more comercial titles (Knight & Day) over the smaller films (Vampires Suck & Skyline). How interesting.

Jonah Hex is my second most hated film this year and considering that A Serbian Film isn't released in the US this year I'll probably vote for it in the worst picture category (Hex that is).
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 2:08pm
Janet Jackson (For Colored Girls AND Why Did I Get Married Too?) should be on this ballot instead of Emily Blunt, who's a SUPPORTING ACTRESS in both of her movies anyway, unless you wanna tell me Ms. Jackson is a BETTER actress (or more to the point, not a WORSE one) than the more acclaimed Ms. Blunt...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 4:04pm
Although it's debatable who's the lead in FOR COLORED GIRLS,it's been stablished she's supporting in the other one.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 4:37pm
It's pretty much Katherine Heigl vs. Megan Fox, and as you can tell from my past posts, I'm voting for Heigl. As for "All 4 Gal Pals" from "Sex And The City 2", this is what Worst Ensemble Cast is for! Having four women up for one award as a group and the Worst Couple category are both outdated as can be. Worst Actress for that movie should be put squarely on Sarah Jessica Parker, the rest can be up for Worst Ensemble Cast.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2010 at 4:41pm
Peter Travers didn't attack the credibilty of the Golden Globes; the Golden Globes tainted their credibity all on their own for nominating "The Tourist", one of the worst reviewed movies of the year, for THREE awards, including Best Comedy! It's as transparent as can be that they only did this to get Depp and Jolie on the show in hopes of a spike in the ratings.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Peter Travers attacked the credibility of the Golden Globes by listing 'The Tourist' at No. 1 on his Worst of 2010 list.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>