Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > FALL/WINTER FORUM DISCUSSIONS: 2012 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST PICTURE: Special Turkey Day Discussion!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST PICTURE: Special Turkey Day Discussion!
    Posted: November 20 2012 at 9:41am
JUST in TIME for THANKSGIVING/TURKEY DAY WEEKEND, WE STARTED CULLING YOUR FEEDBACK on WHICH 2012 MOVIES SHOULD BE CONSIDERED as CONTENDERS for OUR BERRY TOP DIS-HONOR...

BASED on FORUM CHATTER, R.T. RATINGS, BOX OFFICE NUMBERS and, AS ALWAZE, RAZZIE® PEDIGREE, WE SEEM to HAVE at LEAST FIVE LIKELY FRONT-RUNNERS:  

(EACH of the TITLES LISTED BELOW THAT CURRENTLY HAVE FORUM DISCUSSIONS HAS a LINK to the FORUM INFO PAGE for THAT FILM)

1)  EDDIE MURPHY's KEPT-in-a-CLOSET for 4 YEARS B.O. BOMB 1000 WORDS (WHICH SCORED an IMPRESSIVE "PERFECT ZERO" at ROTTEN TOMATOES)...

2)  THAT BRAINLESS, BASED-on-a-BOARD GAME BOTCH of a B.O. BOMB BATTLESHIP...

3)  THE "FOUND FOOTAGE" HORROR FILM MANY of OUR FORUM MEMBERS FOUND TOO SATANICALLY HORRIBLE to LET ESCAPE UNSCATHED, THE DEVIL INSIDE... 

4)  THE SINGLE STINKIEST BOX OFFICE FART of 2012, a KIDS' MOVIE THAT EVEN KIDS CRITICIZED as BEING KRAP-TASTIC, THE OOGIELOVES in BIG BALLOON ADVENTURE... 

and 5) "RETURNING RAZZIE® CHAMPION" ADAM SANDLER in the YEAR's LEAST HEART-WARMING "FAMILY COMEDY," in WHICH SANDLER is a DEADBEAT DAD PLAYING for LAUGHS (WHICH NEVER COME): THAT'S MY BOY...  

ALSO CURRENTLY UNDER DISCUSSION on THIS FORUM, and EACH HAVING at LEAST SOMETHING of a SHOT at a NOMINATION in THIS CATEGORY, WE ALSO HAVE: 

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER (WHICH COULD SERVE as the RAZZIE® DOPPELGANGER to SPIELBERG's APPARENT OSCAR DARLING LINCOLN)...

ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART II -- THE INEXPLICABLE SEQUEL to ONE of LAST YEAR's BERRY WORST FILMS, THIS ONE LOSING EVEN MORE MONEY THAN PART I...  

RAZZIE® REPEAT OFFENDER NICOLAS CAGE, RETURNING to a ROLE THAT PREVIOUSLY GOT HIM a WORST ACTOR NOMINATION -- GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE... 

THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL of ALL THIS YEAR's CHOICES: DIZZ-KNEE's MEGATON B.O. BOMB JOHN CARTER, ON WHICH the "MOUSE HOUSE" TOOK a TAX WRITE-OFF of $200 MILLION(!) BUT WHICH IS ANGRILY DEFENDED by MANY HERE on OUR FORUM as "NOT THAT BAD"...  

THE 17th DUDE-LOOKS-LIKE-a-LADY DUD from 2012 WORST ACTRESS SHOO-IN TYLER PERRY, MADEA's WITNESS PROTECTION...

THE FINAL CHAPTER in a FRANCHISE LONG OVERDUE to TAKE HOME MORE GOLD SPRAY PAINT: TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 2... 

...AND the FARTHEST THING from an ORIGINAL IDEA RELEASED ALL YEAR (AND YET ANOTHER BIG-TIME BOX OFFICE BOMB) THAT SEQUEL to a REMAKE(!) WRATH OF THE TITANS...

ALSO, NOT YET RELEASED BUT LOOKING to HAVE at LEAST SOME RAZZIE® POTENTIAL, WE HAVE TWO HIDEOUS-LOOKING HOLIDAY RELEASES:

BABS and  SETH in GUILT TRIP...

...and BILLY and BETTE in PARENTAL GUIDANCE.   

NOW THAT WE'VE EITHER WARMED YOUR COCKLES by INCLUDING YOUR CHOICES (or ROYALLY PISSED YOU OFF by NOT INCLUDING THEM) FEEL FREE to OFFER YOUR FEEDBACK, FRIENDLY and/or FOAMING-at-the-MOUTH, BELOW.

TO JOG YOUR MEMORY as to WHAT ALL IS ELIGIBLE for CONSIDERATION THIS YEAR, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR COMPREHENSIVE COMPLETE LIST of 2012 RELEASES... 

AZ ALWAZE...

ENJOY!

P.S. If you'd like to actually become a VOTING Member of The RAZZIES® (And Be a Part of Picking Our Eventual "Winners"!)
...HERE's the LINK to DO SO!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 10:29am
I am shocked that One for the Money is not on the list. I mean, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was not a good idea, but One for the Money was just... much more insulting in a way.

I actually thought (hoped?) that the fact that Oogieloves did so much worse than John Carter would actually push Carter out of the running -- but I guess that's not the case. Oh, well!  

From that list, I would agree with the 5 front-runners (except for Oogieloves, only because there's a chance a lot of voting members did not hear about it). I would replace that with the last Twilight Saga. 

The winner, I believe, should be Battleship.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 10:59am
This time, unlike other recent discussions, I will rank my contenders (and, NO -- I don't care which ones don't have a real shot at being nominated): 

16) THE DEVIL INSIDE  
15) THAT'S MY BOY  
14) RESIDENT EVIL 5  
13) BONSAI (a Chilean movie that does appear on the list of 2012 releases) 

12) WRATH OF THE TITANS  
11) THE RAVEN  
10) AL:VH.
9) SEEKING JUSTICE  
8) MAN ON A LEDGE  
7) A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN  
6) UNDERWORLD 4  
5) BATTLESHIP  
4) GHOST RIDER 2:SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE  
3) THE LUCKY ONE  
2) GONE  
1) ONE FOR THE MONEY  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 11:12am
Another year with too few nomination spots and way too many contenders!   

My front-runners are The Devil Inside and That's My Boy.  

I'd also say Ghost Rider Two, but giving it a nomination for Worst Sequel only would save a spot for other bad movies, since it has a good shot at winning in that category -- Same for Wrath of the Titans. 

I, too, think One for the Money is missing on the list, and so is The Cold Light of Day (although maybe not enough voters might have seen it?)... 

My 5th slot is still vacant, since I have yet to see Atlas Shrugged Part II.  

For people who want to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 nominated, they can always argue that even though it's the last one, with 47% at RT, and after so many shots at making something good, they still weren't able to make it the best reviewed film of the franchise!  
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 12:39pm
This year, it seems like the bulk of our contenders were released in January, February, March, and June. Here are my choices for Worst Picture:  

The Devil Inside  
One For the Money  
A Thousand Words  
That's My Boy  

and, if it means Breaking Dawn Part 2 won't be a Worst Picture finalist...

Battleship.

If I were HeadRAZZ, I'd just take Twilight 5 and John Carter off the table for Worst Picture. But I suppose the fact that critics didn't mind John Carter doesn't matter if we have a 1/5 Gigadollar write-off by Disney to worry about. Like Breaking Dawn Part 2, recommending John Carter for Worst Picture is probably a matter of principle at the expense of the two films' own merits over the 5 films I listed above. 

Oh God, I hope One For the Money can beat John Carter and Twilight 5 for the final five in Worst Picture!  

PS: I almost said "John Clarter" again because I keep mixing up Carter with Clark, two of the 50 most common surnames in the US.  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 1:05pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Given how many posters have been mentioning ONE FOR THE MONEY, here's a LINK to that film's Forum Info Page so others can see what they're talking about. Since MONEY came out last January (and prior to this Forum almost no one seemed to even remember it) it didn't make "the final cut" for this discussion. But if a lot of our Members continue to tout MONEY, it might "win" a slot on our Nominating Ballot after all...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 3:02pm
Here's my picks: 

My only Rotten Asshole of the Year, Atlas Shrugged Part II, is an obvious pick. Three other spots on my list are devoted to trends that I loathe: Making movies out of anything (Battleship), found footage movies made by dumb-asses (The Devil Inside), and movies that star Katherine Heigl (One For The Money). For my last slot, it was either That's My Boy or A Thousand Words, and it was a hard choice. Well, it was hard until the incest scene from That's My Boy. That put Sandler's folly ahead of Murphy's in terms of BAD-ness.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2012 at 7:53pm
Oh, so many candidates! But if I had to pick right now:  

1) 2016: Obama's America--Dinesh D'Souza (Who should be nominated for WORST ACTOR, too!) proves that he's really DIMWIT D' STUPID!  

2) Eddie Murphy's utterly asinine A THOUSAND TURDS, er, WORDS  

3) The incredibly tacky second installment to SUPERTRAIN, THE MOTION PICTURE, er, ATLAS SHAGGED PART 2  

4) Adam Sandler deserves another ROTTEN RAZZING for THAT'S MY BOY  

5) I got to agree with Head Razz -- we got to give a trouser cough to THE OOGIELOVES!

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 8:29am
Well, in that case, I'm taking Devil Inside out and putting One for the Money in.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Given how many posters have been mentioning ONE FOR THE MONEY, here's a LINK to that film's Forum Info Page so others can see what they're talking about. Since MONEY came out last January (and prior to this Forum almost no one seemed to even remember it) it didn't make "the final cut" for this discussion. But if a lot of our Members continue to tout MONEY, it might "win" a slot on our Nominating Ballot after all...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 9:31am
My top 3 Worst Picture picks at this point: 

1. A Thousand Words--I only need one: WHY? Did Murphy suddenly believe that sitting in storage for 4 years would make this better?  

2. That's My Boy--This is a catastrophe. Sandler seems to be under the impression that somehow his movies will get better if they get progressively tackier and more insulting.  

3. Atlas Shrugged Part 2--We can only hope that they've run out of money and there will be no part 3. This movie was so irrelevant that only 21 critics bothered to review it (and only 1 of them even gave it a tepid endorsement).  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 10:27am
I don't know if it was Murphy's decision to shelve 1000 WORDS for 4 years... 

LOL

Seriously, though, I think it's better late than never. I may sound like Ed Wood, but film footage (or actually the movie itself) should never be wasted.  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

A Thousand Words--I only need one: Why?...Did Murphy suddenly believe that sitting in storage for 4 years would make this better?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2012 at 9:47pm
My list of prospects isn't very well narrowed down, but here it is: 

The Apparition 
Atlas Shrugged: Part II  
Battleship  
Chernobyl Diaries 
The Devil Inside  
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance  
Gone  
Last Ounce of Courage  
A Little Bit of Heaven  
The Lucky One  
Occupy Unmasked  
One for the Money  
The Oogieloves in The BIG Balloon Adventure  
Piranha 3DD  
Red Dawn  
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D  
That's My Boy  
This Means War  
A Thousand Words  
Total Recall  
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2  
2016: Obama's America  
The Watch  
Wrath of the Titans  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 12:11am
To JoeBacon: Because so few people saw 2016: Obama's America, I can't endorse it for Worst Picture. But I'll probably squawk like a parakeet if it's not one of three Worst Political Propaganda Movie finalists. 

Sorry Antilsu, but even fewer people saw Occupy Unmasked in even fewer theatres than Obama's America, and even the RAZZIE voters who know a thing or two about this year's political propaganda pieces know about only 3 such films far above all others: Obama's America, Last Ounce of Courage (which had more Rotten Reviews than Occupy Unmasked), and of course, Atlas Shrugged Part II. I'll totally FLIP if Shrugged 2 isn't at least a runner-up for Worst Political Propaganda Movie! 

But I have no choice but to leave it up to the GRAF's discretion on whether there's enough political propaganda releases to name 5 finalists for Worst Political Propaganda Movie, or whether it should be left at 3. (Worst Original Song, to my memory, only had 3 nominees in the past.)  

To The Larch: If you happened to start an unofficial subforum for A Little Bit of Heaven, I have yet to read it. If you didn't, then maybe I'll start it as a "Worst Leftover Limited Release From This Past Spring."

To Antilsu: I'd almost forgotten about Chernobyl Diaries. Can someone remind me again why it didn't get a forum back on May 25?

To HeadRAZZBerry: Reading Antilsu's recommendations, I ask: How come The Lucky One couldn't beat Darling Companion for Worst New Movie of the Weak for April 20? And how did Step Up Revolution beat out The Watch for the Worst of July 27?  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 4:40am
I don't see the Larch on this discussion, what did he say? Did he delete the post?

I tried to remind people about Chernobyl, but they just seemed to shrug it off.

Have no idea about the Lucky One/Darling Companion thing, but about Step Up Rev/Watch... that might have been partly my fault. Reason being was that I sugested to HeadRazz that he should do Step Up Rev because it seemed to be the more obvious choice at that time, but I did try to have him put it up a week early. I did feel like at the time The Watch could go either way, and I thought it would be safer to post the more obvious one first so he would have time for the other one. I guess he wasn't too interested in making a forum, so I just made a forum for him, and he just linked people to that. Sorry about that.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

To The Larch: If you happened to start an unofficial subforum for A Little Bit of Heaven, I have yet to read it. If you didn't, then maybe I'll start it as a "Worst Leftover Limited Release From This Past Spring."

To Antilsu: I'd almost forgotten about Chernobyl Diaries. Can someone remind me again why it didn't get a forum back on May 25?

To HeadRAZZBerry: Reading Antilsu's recommendations, I ask: How come The Lucky One couldn't beat Darling Companion for Worst New Movie of the Weak for April 20? And how did Step Up Revolution beat out The Watch for the Worst of July 27?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 8:28am
GTA: There's not a rule that says that if a movie didn't get a forum here then it's not elegible. Yes, it sucked that certain movies didn't get one, but we can't do anything about it.

How come The Lucky One couldn't beat Darling Companion for Worst New Movie of the Weak for April 20?

Because DC has more past winners and/or nominees and/or repeat offenders.

And how did Step Up Revolution beat out The Watch for the Worst of July 27?

Sequels, specially to movies that didn't even deserve nor needed them, have more chances than an original comedy.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 3:37pm
To oiram: The Larch didn't post here, but he's the one who's pressuring us to RAZZ A Little Bit of Heaven. Around the time I finish grooming myself for Thanksgiving tonight, I'm going to make an attempt to start a forum for it. Then and only then can I measure just how badly we at the forum, and more importantly the voters themselves, want Heaven RAZZed, and whether it actually has half a chance!

About The Watch. I seem to recall now that HeadRAZZ got hit with a family obligation at the last minute. He said he'd put up an official forum for The Watch, but because you thought he'd never make one, you hopped right to it instead. Now it's an unofficial RAZZIE contender with less than half the odds of getting RAZZed than if you would've just waited for HeadRAZZ to return.

To Vits: First Wanderlust, then Darling Companion. Are scale of release and critical panning second to the question of who's in the films in deciding forums at certain times? And if so, what are the circumstances where "Who" is more important than "How Bad?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>