Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > FALL/WINTER FORUM DISCUSSIONS: 2012 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL Choices
    Posted: December 21 2012 at 7:50am
THIS YEAR, WE ARE OPENING UP NOMINATION and FINAL VOTING in THE CATEGORY of WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL to USERS at ROTTEN TOMATOES.  

HERE's the DIRECT R.T. LINK to THEIR ONLINE BALLOT, WHERE VOTING HAS BEGUN... 

...and HERE's the LINK to SNAG YOURSELF VOTING RIGHTS on OUR OTHER NINE CATEGORIES -- BY BECOMING a NACTUAL VOTING RAZZIE MEMBER

AS for THE 15 TITLES WE CONSIDER the LIKELIEST CONTENDERS for REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL (EACH LISTED BELOW w/a LINK to the FILM's FORUM INFO PAGE w/LIVELY DISCUSSIONS and LINKS for R.T. REVIEWS, B.O. MoJo NUMBERS, OFFICIAL SITES and IMDb LISTINGS) THEY ARE: 

WRATH OF THE TITANS

IF YOU THINK WE'VE OVER-LOOKED ANY TITLES YOU THINK BELONG HERE (OR INCLUDED ANY TITLES YOU THINK DON'T BELONG!) BELOW IS WHERE to ARGUE YOUR CASE...  

IF PEEKING at OUR COMPLETE LIST of EVERYTHING RELEASED in 2012 WILL HELP, HERE's the LINK for THAT...  

...AND, IF YOU WANNA CAST VOTES in OUR OTHER NINE CATEGORIES, HERE's THAT LINK AGAIN to BECOME a NACTUAL VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER

SEE HOW BERRY SIMPLE THINGS CAN BE?!? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 9:08am
I'd to see the following bad Sequels/Remakes added: American Reunion (sequel), Dark Shadows (remake), Expendables 2 (sequel), Ice Age 4 (sequel), Paranormal Activity 4 (sequel), Sparkle (remake).
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 10:12am
Originally, I suggested THE 3 STOOGES, but I've changed my mind. It's a very passable movie.

Once again I'll rank my picks:

11) TOTAL RECALL.
10) JOURNEY 2 THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.
9) DARK SHADOWS.
8) ICE AGE 4.
7) RESIDENT EVIL 5.
6) TAKEN 2.
5) WRATH OF THE TITANS.
4) THE RAVEN (rips-off the works of Edgar Allan Poe).
3) UNDERWORLD 4.
2) BATTLESHIP (rips-off TRANSFORMERS and the board game).
1) GHOST RIDER 2: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE.

1-7 I also want for Worst Picture.

Oiram: Because of how many found footage movies and exorcism movies have been this year, I don't think THE DEVIL INSIDE can be considered a direct rip-off of THE LAST EXORCISM. The same with vigilante movies (GONE; JACK REACHER), so SEEKING JUSTICE can't be a direct rip-off of DEATH WISH..
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 11:00am
Kinda disappointed you didn't call Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter a rip-off of Lincoln, though I can live with that.

What really shocks me though is that you do not have Expendables 2 of all films up there -- really baffling. Why isn't it up there?   

Well, anyways, my picks based on these results are:
Red Dawn
Taken 2
Total Recall
The Twilight Saga: Breakin Dawn - Part 2
Wrath of the Titans  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: EXPENDABLES, TOO is not listed because it not only ended up w/a "fresh" rating of 66% Positive at Rotten Tomatoes (LINK) but it also was a big money-maker -- made for about $100 million, it grossed just over $300 million worldwide (MoJo LINK). That's two of the three "basic yardsticks" for determining RAZZIE® Contenders on which this sequel clearly missed qualifying (the 3rd "yardstick" is RAZZIE® Pedigree, which is likely to land E2 a listing or two on our Nominating Ballot for Worst Supporting Actor). 

Also, the first EXPENDABLES was listed all over our Nominating Ballot a year or two ago, and wound up with only one nomination -- And this sequel was not directed by Stallone. So, until we finally get around to deciding his "career" is done  (and eventually/inevitably vote him a Worst Career Achievement award) it looks like most of our members want us to lay off Duh Sly-ster for now... 

Originally posted by Vits

Oiram: Because of how many found footage movies and exorcism movies have been this year, I don't think THE DEVIL INSIDE can be considered a direct rip-off of THE LAST EXORCISM. The same with vigilante movies (GONE; JACK REACHER), so SEEKING JUSTICE can't be a direct rip-off of DEATH WISH..

Dude, I just got here. Wait till my actual post before you reply to me. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 11:10am
The THE EXPENDABLES PART 2 got better reviews than the first one.

Originally posted by oiram

What really shocks me though is that you do not have Expendables 2 of all films up there, really baffling. Why isn't it up there?

Originally posted by oiram

Dude, I just got here. Wait till my actual post before you reply to me.

You've been posting your lists so often that I have practically memorized them, so I knew you were going to post those movies.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 1:56pm
My 5 picks: 

Atlas Shrugged Part II 

Ghost Rider 2 

Madea's Witness Protection 

Resident Evil 5 

Wrath of the Titans 

I feel like I should put some crappy remakes in here, but the worst remake I saw this year (Three Stooges) is only the 9th worst of the choices HeadRazz listed.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 5:09pm
Out of those 15, I select these 5:

Atlas Shrugged Part II
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Piranha 3DD
Red Dawn [remake]
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

And these are the ones I'm hoping do NOT make it as recommendees:

Step Up Revolution
The Three Stooges
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2012 at 10:50pm
Far and away, #1 has to be SUPERTRAIN THE MOTION PICTURE, PART 2, AKA, ATLAS SHAGGED PART 2!

Right next to it has to be RED DAWN!
Add in GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
The tacky TOTAL WEE-WEE CALL
And bringing up the rear is DARK SHADOWS!

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Out of those 15, I select these 5:

Atlas Shrugged Part II
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Piranha 3DD
Red Dawn [remake]
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D
You don't have choices outside that list?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

And these are the ones I'm hoping do NOT make it as recommendees:

The Three Stooges
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Agreed.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2012 at 6:50pm
I have another contender: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4.
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 12:21pm
Worst Rip-off/ Remake and SEQUEL
BATTLESHIP (rips-off TRANSFORMERS and the board game)
Total Recall
DARK SHADOWS
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4
AndP View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 4:56pm
Could One for the Money have been a possibility, since it was done once before (2002 TV movie)? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I was actually not aware that ONE FOR THE MONEY was indeed a remake of a 2002 TV movie of the same name, but Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel was already an over-crowded category. And, yes, your info would technically have qualified it for consideration. For those curious (or dubious) about AndP's note about this film, here's an IMDb LINK to confirm it.
 Post Reply Post Reply