Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: POSSIBLE WORST SUPPORTING ACTORS for 2010
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR 2010 - POLL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Hooz YER Top/Bottom Pick??
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[0.73%]
[0.78%]
[15.69%]
[0.78%]
[1.01%]
[0.49%]
[0.91%]
[2.79%]
[0.41%]
[3.67%]
[0.70%]
[0.70%]
[0.72%]
[46.45%]
[16.07%]
[1.71%]
[0.73%]
[3.85%]
[0.64%]
[1.13%]

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR 2010 - POLL
    Posted: December 05 2010 at 11:19am

ONE of OUR MOST OVER-CROWDED CATEGORIES EACH YEAR is WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR -- and for 2010, WE'VE GOT an EVEN MORE EXTENSIVE LIST of CHOICES THAN USUAL. 

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE to PUT YER 2 CENTS IN and HELP US NARROW a FAR-TOO-WIDE FIELD of POTENTIAL CONTENDERS. 

NOTE: WHEN THIS POLL WAS POSTED, YOGI BEAR (WHICH COULD ADD TWO or MORE NAMES to THIS LIST) HAD NOT YET BEEN SCREENED...  

HERE'S WISHING YOU the BERRY MERRIEST of TIMES WHILE VOTING! 

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

To clarify -- Forum polls are "just for fun," and have nothing to do with 

the actual/eventual results of this year's RAZZIE® Awards, 

which are determined by dues-paying Voting Members of the G.R.A.F. 

If you would like to become a Voting Member and receive 

both Nominating and Final Ballots for this year's RAZZIES®

here's the LINK to do so:  

http://razzies.com/join.asp

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 12:13pm
This is quite easy, actually. George Lopez starred in 3 bombs in the former half of this year alone. Ken Jeong starred in two REALLY bad films this year. 

But can those three choices for Iron Man 2 and Date Night PLEASE be ruled out?  
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2010 at 8:01pm
 Dev Patel in The Last Airbender.  He is the worst slumdog in the world!
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 3:50am
I was going to give Dev a break and vote for Jackson instead, but since he's already leading the pack, I am forced to give Dev another vote.

EDIT: Are you also going to have us vote for Worst Supporting Actress soon?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, between now and year's end (when our Nominating Ballots go out) we'll be doing Weakly Polls on each of our main acting categories, with Worst Supporting Actress due to post next weak, followed by Worst Actor and Worst Actress polls...

EDIT EDIT: Why the heck isn't Dolph Lundgren up there? He's been dodging a Razzie nomination for too long!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 7:35am
Great list HeadRAZZ! Most of the usual suspects seem to be there, though I'd have replaced Jay Baruchel and James Franco with Taylor Lautner (Twilight: Eclipse and Valentine's Day) and Will Arnett (When in Rome and Jonah Hex).

My pick for worst supporting actor is Our Family Wedding's Carlos Mencia.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 10:22am
Cool.
Originally posted by oiram

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yes, between now and year's end (when our Nominating Ballots go out) we'll be doing Weakly Polls on each of our main acting categories, with Worst Supporting Actress due to post next weak, followed by Worst Actor and Worst Actress polls...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 6:28pm
I'm a little surprised Kevin James didn't make the list.  And would Taylor Lautner in Twilight: Eclipse be a lead role or a supporting role?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since his role has expended from one film to the next, I would argue that Lautner should now be considered as a Worst Actor, rather than Supporting Actor contender for TWILIGHT: ECLIPSE. Regarding Kevin James, as mentioned in the first post for this poll, the field is clearly over-crowded as it is, and James seems less egregious in GROWN UPS than the two actors already listed from that film..

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 7:59pm
Ah, poor Dev Patel, from lead actor in an Oscar winning Best Picture, to Razzie front-runner. Oh how the mighty have fallen!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 7:58am
I'm disappointed David Zayas, who played the hotel manager-cum-survivalist in Skyline, isn't in the running for Worst Supporting Actor.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I finally saw SKYLINE this past weekend and, while its screenplay, direction and "special FX" were all RAZZIE® worthy, I am unsure if the film has been widely enough seen (B.O. MoJo LINK) to be a viable contender even in those few categories. Guess we'll know once our 31st Annual nominations are announced on January 24...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 10:55am
Wasn't Jay Baruchel the "lead" in both of those movies? And isn't he considered to be "good" in them and in HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, too?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 7:48pm
Yeah, there's the problem of how many members actually saw Skyline.  However, I sure hope enough of the membership saw that movie to give it what it deserves.  Sure, it's gonna get creamed going up against The Last Airbender and Vampires Suck, but we rarely have a movie that is bad in the way Skyline is bad.

Originally posted by cvcjr13

I'm disappointed David Zayas, who played the hotel manager-cum-survivalist in Skyline, isn't in the running for Worst Supporting Actor.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I finally saw SKYLINE this past weekend and, while its screenplay, direction and "special FX" were all RAZZIE® worthy, I am unsure if the film has been widely enough seen (B.O. MoJo LINK) to be a viable contender even in those few categories. Guess we'll know once our 31st Annual nominations are announced on January 24...

shaurya View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote shaurya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2010 at 11:38pm
Dev Patel, LAST AIRBENDER ... i m choosing him as he was the worst among all.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 8:15am
I have to say I'm very dissapointed with this list. Half the actors here were in bad movies, but the bad reviews didn't say they were bad. I think some listed here were even good

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 8:48am
Bad reviews are only part of the decision. The opinions of the voters are the other half...  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 10:00am
What's more important: Awarding the worst performance or punishing actors for choosing to be in bad movies?  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 12:18pm
I'll take a guess, and say I think it's both...  

Originally posted by Vits

What's more important: Awarding the worst performance or punishing actors for choosing to be in bad movies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>