Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > POLL: POSSIBLE WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESSES for 2010
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS of 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Poll Question: Yer #1 Choice...
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[2.36%]
[10.36%]
[1.88%]
[2.06%]
[1.55%]
[2.04%]
[4.98%]
[5.29%]
[13.10%]
[1.23%]
[2.02%]
[5.29%]
[0.95%]
[2.78%]
[36.54%]
[5.36%]
[2.20%]

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS of 2010
    Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:17am

THOUGH NOT QUITE as OVER-CROWDED as 
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR,
the FIELD for SUPPORTING ACTRESS ALSO HAZ 
WAY TOO MANY CHOICES for 2010. 

ABOVE WE'VE LISTED the ONES WE CONSIDER LIKELIEST 
to MAKE the FINAL FIVE COME JANUARY 24... 

FEEL FREE to VOTE for YOUR CHOICE and -- 
AS MANY of YOU DID in OUR SUPPORTING ACTOR POLL -- 
FEEL FREE to MENTION ANY POSSIBLE CHOICES
YOU THINK WE'VE OVER-LOOKED... 

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

To clarify -- Forum polls are "just for fun," and have nothing to do with 

the actual/eventual results of this year's RAZZIE® Awards, 

which are determined by dues-paying Voting Members of the G.R.A.F. 

If you would like to become a Voting Member and receive 

both Nominating and Final Ballots for this year's RAZZIES®

here's the LINK to do so:  

http://razzies.com/join.asp  

HAPPY HOLIDAY HEAD-HUNTING! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:59am
Head Razz, do you consider Brooke Shields (Furry Vengeance), America Ferrera (Our Family Wedding) and Jessica Alba (Valentine's Day and perhaps Little Fockers) lead or supporting?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Shields, because she had second billing, is likely to be listed in our Worst Actress Poll (coming soon). Ferrera is not even on our radar (but would likely be Supporting) and Alba is one of the people I was referencing from LITTLE FOCKERS. If she stinks in that, she may get a slot for both it and VALENTINE'S DAY on our Nominating Ballot, but we thought MacLaine (a multi-time Oscar nominee and winner) was far more egregious in VALENTINE'S DAY...  

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 11:29am
Wow, these roles are really supporting roles. I can't seem to place a face with most of those names (even when i've seen the movies).

Head RAZZberry, isn't Nicola Peltz a lead actress in Airbender? (she seems more of a lead actress than Brooke Shields in Furry Vengeance is) If you wanted to award a supporting actress in The Last Airbender, i would go for Seychelle Gabriel (The white-haired girl in the movie) and place Peltz in the worst actress-category (so that Airbender is represented in every single Razzie-category)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:49pm
Wha? No no no. Brooke Shields name was not in the advertisements at all. She was shown, but they didn't make a big deal about it. If they did make a big deal about her being in the movie, then she would be a possible worst actress, but since thast wasn't the case, she's more of a worst supporting actress.

Also, you have Liza Minelli up there, but not Miley Cyrus. Why?

I'm really dissapointed in this list, cause I had a perfect Razzie list in mind that would be ruined if I have to nominate/vote by this limited list. I hope that it will be more free when the nomination ballots come out.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Don't panic yet -- The list above is "preliminary" and not necessarily reflective of what will appear on your Nominating Ballot (where we usually try to keep the list in each category down to 12-15 choices). Also, as has alwaze been our tradition, there is room for multiple WRITE-INS in each of the categories you'll be voting on. So, yes, voting will be "more free" come actual Balloting time... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:55pm
Heck no. I want Airbender to be in every category except worst actress (and possibly the new worst screen ensemble, as alot of the actors/actresses in TLA are not known for anything prior.), because I wanna make sure that Megan Fox takes home the spray painted gold.
Originally posted by Vheid

Wow, these roles are really supporting roles. I can't seem to place a face with most of those names (even when i've seen the movies).

HeadRAZZ, isn't Nicola Peltz a lead actress in Airbender? (she seems more of a lead actress than Brooke Shields in Furry Vengeance is) If you wanted to award a suporting actress in The Last Airbender, i would go for Seychelle Gabriel (The white-haired girl in the movie) and place Peltz in the worst actress-category (so that Airbender is represented in every single Razzie-category)
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:56pm
I really wanted to vote for Jessica Alba. Three movies this year and not a good performance between them (so far), plus she is LONG overdue for a razzing. So I went with Gemma Arterton, because "Clash" and "Persia" both sucked!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:58pm
Does that include Machete, cause I thought she did better in that one.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I really wanted to vote for Jessica Alba. Three movies this year and not a good performance between them (so far), plus she is LONG overdue for a razzing. So I went with Gemma Arterton, because "Clash" and "Persia" both sucked!

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 2:33pm
Megan Fox for Jonah Hex would just skew the votes, so I think HeadRAZZ put several others up there instead. I put Liza Minnelli for Sex & the City 2.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: After much thought and deliberation, Megan Fox (who did have less than 20 minutes of screen time in JONAH HEX, but also had above-the-title billing) will be listed in our Worst Actress poll when it posts later this month. Cher, who had even less screen time than Fox, and was clearly not the lead character in BURLESQUE, is listed here as Supporting Actress. Christina Aguilera, whose character clearly was the focal point of BURLESQUE (and who was on-screen about 3 times as much as Cher) will likely be listed alongside Fox for Worst Actress...  

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 3:53pm
Clash sucked a little, but Persia did not.    

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 4:38pm
Oh, I beg to differ on both accounts. They sucked big time, coming from a fan of both the original movie and video game that they were based on. And what is with you and your obsession with soccer cards? It's almost becoming as campy as your "Twilight" fixation ... almost.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Clash sucked a little, but Persia did not.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:21pm
If the Sands of Time sucked big time, why didn't it get a forum here alongside Sex & the City 2?  

Oh, I beg to differ on both accounts. They sucked big time, coming from a fan of both the original movie and video game that they were based on. And what is with you and your obsession with soccer cards? It's almost becoming as campy as your "Twilight" fixation ... almost. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:48pm
Well, that's my personal opinion, but based on the fact the movie bombed at the box office, I doubt I'm the only who thinks Sands of Time sucked.
Razziedent Evil View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razziedent Evil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 8:29pm
What are Burlesque actresses doing on the list? I read that the cast was well recieved, including Aguilera -- it's even noted in Rotten Tomatoes consensus. And Bette Midler as Worst Supporting Actress in an animated movie?????  
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 10:22pm
Hey the BAFTAs gave Eddie Murphy a "Best Supporting Actor" nomination for his voicework in Shrek, so why can't we do the same here with Miss Milder?  

P.S. By the look of the poll, it appears 'The Last Fart-Bender' is gonna sweep the awards ceremony. Sorry M Night, but we DIDN'T sign you up for this
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 6:37am
That's because most of them were not really acting, they were just dully speaking out lines.

Originally posted by oiram

Heck no. I want Airbender to be in every category except worst actress (and possibly the new worst screen ensemble, as alot of the actors/actresses in TLA are not known for anything prior.), because I wanna make sure that Megan Fox takes home the spray painted gold.

I wonder has there ever been a descent adaptation of  a video game. It seems like the source material doesn't really lents itself to the screen.

Well, that's my personal opinion, but based on the fact the movie bombed at the box office, I doubt I'm the only who thinks Sands of Time sucked.
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 7:52am
Hey Razzman, you left out Kim Cattrall (SATC2), Taylor Swift (Valentine's Day- a MUST nominee Nuke), Lindsay Lohan (Machete- ditto Nuke), Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me- a lame-a** indie flick, Machete, Valentine's Day and the upcoming Little Fockers), yet you've got the great Catherine O'Hara (even in a lousy role, she's STILL not as wretchedly bad as those I mentioned), and of couse the obligitory Mrs. Travolta pick (what's your problem with her anyway? She's not THAT consistently awful!)...way to put minimal thought into this category AGAIN Thumbs Down...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>