Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > ARE WE DONE YET?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Yeah, They’re DONE Allright...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yeah, They’re DONE Allright...
    Posted: May 14 2007 at 3:59am

THERE'S NOTHING SADDER THAN a SEQUEL NO ONE ASKED FOR...OR ONE THAT ALMOST NO ONE WENT to SEE. THIS YEAR's FRONT-RUNNER for THAT DIS-STINK-TION IS ARE WE DONE YET. WE'D EVEN ARGUE THAT THIS SEQUEL's TITLE ITSELF IS a MISTAKE: TO PLAY OFF THE FIRST FILM, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN "ARE WE HOME YET"... 

Stupid Studio Exec to Ice Cube: "It's gonna be even bigger than the first one..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 9:20am

....so, you actually was convinced with those people who told you to put this film here, when they haven't even seen it to even judge it?

Response from Head RAZZberry: Why do you continually insist that our members "haven't even seen" these movies, when you have no proof of that? It's also clear you haven't seen many of these movies yourself, yet you have no compunction about blindly (and often blandly) defending them.

Please explain for us how your defense of them, sight unseen, is any different (or any better)  from what you continually accuse us of doing... 

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 9:43am

No, I believe HeadRAZZ was convinced by the Razzie Forum members AND the horrendous reviews.

Don't even try to defend this turd...

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2007 at 4:33pm

moviewizguy, if you're NOT going to enjoy our comments on these bad movies, then just get the hell outta here and leave us alone. On the other hand, if you still want to defend this film, well, I ain't stoppin' ya. But just accept the fact that we not just judge these movies by reviews from critics or Box Office numbers, but by the talents from the actors/actresses in these movies.

Response from Head RAZZberry: While we can feel free to question moviewizguy's motives for posting on our Forum, I hardly think phrases like "just get the hell outta here and leave us alone" are conducive to a vibrant, thriving Forum in which there is room for divergent and opposing viewpoints. I must admit, though, if moviewizguy likes 97.8% of everything Hollywood puts out (which, based on his dozens of posting to date, certainly seems to be the case) I am puzzled by his being drawn to the RAZZIE Forum in the first place... 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 11:38am

Ok, I liked the first film (yes, no surprise there). It was a harmless film for the families. This one also looks decent enough, if not better than the first.

Response from Head RAZZberry: So you're admitting with this posting that you haven't seen this movie, yet you feel free to defend it, Mister Wizguy?? Again, how is what you admit you're doing any different or better than what you repeatedly accuse our Forum members (without any proof to back up the accusation) of doing -- Judging something sight unseen?? 

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 3:53pm
FACTUAL ERRORS: The Chuck Mitchell character talks about playing with Magic Johnson and the Lakers in the 1986 Finals. In fact, Boston played Houston in the 1986 NBA Finals. Magic Johnson played with the Los Angeles Lakers when they won those 5 NBA Championships, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, and 1988, as well as leading the Los Angeles Lakers to being 4 NBA Finals Runner-up in 1983, 1984, 1989, and 1991. In 1986, the Boston Celtics defeated the Houston Rockets, 4 games to 2 in the NBA Finals.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:04pm
GOOFS: Continuity: When the family first arrives at the new house, there is a car in the driveway. As they move to the steps and side of the house, the car is gone.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 4:25pm

Does this qualify as a rip-off?  I've read in a number of places that Are We Done Yet? rips off Cary Grant's Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.  I haven't seen either movie yet, so I don't know.

Response from Head RAZZberry: MR. BLANDINGS, in which Grant co-starred with Myrna Loy, was a pleasant enough 1948 comedy about a family buying a money-eating home in the country (IMDb LINK). It was previously ripped off in 1986 by THE MONEY PIT ( IMDb LINK ). This version (which apparently went into production as an official remake of the 1948 film) does qualify as a remake, but I'd say it's a much likelier contender for Worst Sequel or Prequel. Mayhaps we should list it as a choice in both categories...

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 6:01pm
I think it's going to qualify not just as a rip-off, but also as a sequel, since for sure, this film's a sequel to ARE WE THERE YET?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 4:13am

How funny...Here we have a movie that manages to be a contender for both Worst Sequel and Worst Rip-Off.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, since its listing on IDMb sez it went into production as an official remake of the 1948 film ( LINK ) I think this one qualifies as Worst Remake, NOT Rip-Off. When the film-makers freely admit whose material they are "re-imagining," it gets a pass on the "Rip-Off" designation, though on a technicality... 

I was also a bit surprised to see that this film already ranks among the Top 50 on the IMDb's 100 Worst Movies of All Time List ( LINK ). Sure, it sux -- But all-time sux?!?!? 

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 5:35am
And they say Hollywood can't be original anymore! There you go right there, a convergience of two forms of ineptitude! 
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 10:20am
Now you know this should  be a worst sequel nominee.
P.S. The first one wasn't so great either.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 7:44am
This just in:

A second sequel has been announced!

It's called...

ARE THEY DONE YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:34pm
This big steaming piece of dump is a "WORST SEQUEL OR PREQUEL" contender for sure!!! Also a "WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR" contender for John C. McGinley, who also could get nominated for his performance in "Wild Hogs".
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:13pm

A second sequel announced!? ICK! Time to bring out the puke pail!

Originally posted by dipitlow555

This just in:

A second sequel has been announced!

It's called...

ARE THEY DONE YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 4:27am
That's exactly what I'd be doing if there actually was a second sequel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>