Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > FIREHOUSE DOG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Yet Another Dog About a Dog...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet Another Dog About a Dog...
    Posted: April 03 2007 at 10:33am

WE'RE CONFUSED: WHY DO a RIP-OFF of KARATE DOG WHEN KARATE DOG WAS SO LAME IT WAS NEVER EVEN RELEASED THEATRICALLY??

AND IF YOU'RE GONNA SAY IT'S MORE LIKE a RIP-OFF of SHAGGY DOG, HEY...IT's STILL a RIP-OFF...and a DOG!

DIRECTOR: "Okay, Rex, this is where you say 'WOOF!'..."

REX THE DOG: "You mean like the critics'll be saying when our movie comes out??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:48pm
I would say Firehouse Dog also rips off everything Benji has ever done... 
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 1:54am

While it looks like The Reaping is going to be #1 worst new movie of the week, but HeadRAZZ, why did you choose FIREHOUSE DOG over Ice Cube's "ARE WE DONE YET?"? No matter how long you discuss what FIREHOUSE DOG is ripping off, you can't deny that ARE WE DONE YET? is a SEQUEL to a TERRIBLE FAMILY MOVIE starring ICE CUBE! On RT, FIREHOUSE DOG has a 40% approval rating while ARE WE DONE YET? has a 0% approval rating.

And by the way, please welcome me to the Razzie Inner Sanctum!

Response from Head RAZZberry: WELCOME to THE RAZZ-BERRY INNER SANCTUM...And, sorry, I wasn't planning on including ARE WE DONE YET among the Weak's Worst. The reviews are disastrous, and the title should have been ARE WE HOME YET, but I'll wait 'till all the dust settles come Monday to see if its box office, combined with those reviews, merit the film its own discussion on our Forum.. 

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 3:34am

Okay JB Razz Welcome to The Inner Sanctum! It looks like The Head Razz is doing three Worst Movies of The Weak: Fire House Dog and Are We Doing The Money Pit (aka Are We Done Yet) & The Weeping... 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 1:11pm
But wasn't Are We Done Yet? a sweet family film? Well, for me it was so i'm glad this stupid film makes it and the other did not!
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 4:27pm
Don't get your hopes on, moviewizguy. Did you not look at the reviews on Are We Done Yet? on RT? It's getting only an 11% approval from critics and there are 44 reviews counted, and only 5 of those 44 reviews are fresh, so, it looks like you should go ahead and add Are We Done Yet? in the 2007 Potential RAZZIE titles forum, Head RAZZ. As for this movie, it's only getting a 36% approval from critics and there are only 28 reviews counted, and as for The Reaping, it's also getting only an 11% approval from critics, but there are only 18 reviews counted, but think about it, only 2 of those 18 reviews for The Reaping are fresh. Grindhouse is getting a 91% approval from critics right now, so Grindhouse is NOT going to be a RAZZIE contender at all.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 2:09am
Based on the trailers, I thought FIREHOUSE DOG looked like an okay family movie, or at least a lot better than the other family movie opening this week: ARE WE DONE YET?.  But I think I tend to like dog movies, even if other people consider then a dog, for I didn't think last year's THE SHAGGY DOG was all that bad. But that aside, I was very surprised that the HeadRAZZ picked this as the #2 worst of the week because on RT, Firehouse Dog is way out of razzie territory while Are We Done Yet? is deep into razzie territory.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 10:28am
But still...none of the films in the week are THAT bad. All of them are really just average films (what every critic says) but it's not bad.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 4:07pm
Ok, Head RAZZ, I still think you should add ARE WE DONE YET? on the RAZZIE forum. Right now, ok, it's over $20 Million at the Box Office, but those numbers are still pretty low. Also, the reviews on RT have dropped from 11% to 9%.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 8:51am
I hated the original Disney movie "Shaggy Dog" when it first came out and I told my dad I didn't want to see another Disney movie again.  At that time, my parents assumed that any movie made by Disney was OK for us kids to see.  Boy, have times changed!  Now any movie made by Disney is considered junk until proven merely silly.
BTW: My one and only favorite dog movie was Old Yeller.
I had a dog that had to be put down because of rabies at the time, so the movie really resonated with me.
My dad handed me the shotgun and said "a man has to put down his own dog, no one else can do it for you".  I grew up that day but still cry when I watch "Old Yeller".
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 3:49pm
This movie should be considered a ripoff of every dog movie made... but a lot of them suck, too.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 7:53am
Somebody needed to hoes down this movie.
skandarsgirrrl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote skandarsgirrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 12:16am
I loved Firehouse Dog! And I love Josh Hutcherson!
and then that word grew louder and louder until it was a battlecry.
 Post Reply Post Reply