Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > PIRATES of the CAROB-BEAN #4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

YO, HO...HEAVE HO??!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YO, HO...HEAVE HO??!?!?
    Posted: March 21 2010 at 3:05am
MTV News announces that Penelope Cruz will be Johnny Depp's love interest in PotC4.  She'll play the daughter of Blackbeard, Captain Jack's nemesis.  Geoffrey Rush will be back, too.  

My question is, will it be as bad as At World's End...or will it be even worse? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I found the third PIRATES movie to be one of the most headache-inducing, impossible-to-follow, soul-numbing movie-going experiences of the last decade. So the prospect of a 4th installment fills me with both dread...and anticipation!  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 6:24am
Well so long as the visual effects aren't as bloated and overused and they don't keep mentioned "the rum is gone" every five seconds, it could be better than "AWE".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 8:16am
I was convinced On Stranger Tides wouldn't be released until 2011. At World's End, I thought was fair. Not great, not as bad as the RAZZIES say, but somewhere between average and decent.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:40pm
I haven't even been on the ride four times in my life...why would I want to see 4 movies?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I haven't even been on the ride four times in my life...why would I want to see 4 movies?
Actually, I think around the time of the second or third movie, they changed the ride so that it follows Jack Sparrow and a story that's closer to what's in the movies. So I guess you'll have to take the ride for a 5th time, saturnwatcher.

But yeah, I don't know how you could get four movies out of a 15 minute ride with no storyline outside of a dog holding the keys to a jail cell and voices saying "dead men tell no tales".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 3:56am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

MTV News announces that Penelope Cruz will be Johnny Depp's love interest in PotC4.  She'll play the daughter of Blackbeard, Captain Jack's nemesis.  Geoffrey Rush will be back, too.  

My question is, will it be as bad as At World's End...or will it be even worse? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I found the third PIRATES movie to be one of the most headache-inducing, impossible-to-follow, soul-numbing movie-going experiences of the last decade. So the prospect of a 4th installment fills me with both dread...and anticipation.

yeah i do think so , in fact it was a heartache too because movie wasted mine so much of time.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 12:08am
WOW... horrible teaser (first video).

The trailer (second video) is better but it also isn't really good.

Rob Marshall (director of Chicago/Nine) seems to be directing, strange choice.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 10:20pm
Like I said, I saw the trailers, and I'm not impressed. They are using the same jokes that got old by the end of the first movie.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 5:31am
The new trailer is kinda good. I mean I can't wait, call me crazy, but I didn't like At World's End, that much.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

The new trailer is kinda good. I mean I can't wait, call me crazy, but I didn't like At World's End, that much.
You CRAZY! I kid, I kid. I understand it looks to be a fun and entertaining movie, I'm just saying it won't be a great movie by any means.
krios03grad View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote krios03grad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 11:44pm
Why does everybody make such a big deal of Johnny Depp anyway? I liked the background layout of Alice in Wonderland but I just hated the storyline and the way the characters looked! Kind of pre-gayish don't you think and very confusing? The last good movie I saw with him in it was Edward Scissorhands! I don't mind that this movie gets 2 or 3 Razzies!
Kphilly View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kphilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 5:53am
I know POTC at the worlds end was pretty sh*tty but I am still looking forward to watching the new one, just because of Johnny Depp.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 2:58pm
I can't join the hate bandwagon for Pirates Four...well at least not yet.  I liked the movies, despite the latter's flaws, and need to wait and see if this new one will work out or truly nuke the fridge like Indy 4 did.

The IMDB users give At World's End a 7.0, which is lower than the other two PotC films, but still respectable.

And don't get started with my father.  He is an addict.  He frequently says "Thank you, Jack" in common situations, to the point it gets on my nerves, and "Aye, That be True" among other things.  Yeah, he's obsessed.  He probably will want to pay to see "On Stranger Tides" on an IMAX screen.

I also am aware of the hate.  I remember the Simpsons episode "Apocalypse Cow" having Bart driving a combine harvester.  He drives over straw, making bales of straw.  He drives over water, making bales of water (which splash out). He drives over manure, and makes bales of "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" DVDs.

Still, I will keep watch, from RT and IMDB.  I want to see how this plays out.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:06pm

Berrynoia, You know that the IMDB-rating is worthless, mostly because the film hasn't been officially released yet and a lot of fans of the series probably gave it a ten without even seeing the movie yet.

But i'll probebly see this one on the big screen just like i did with the previous Pirates-films.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 4:08pm
All I have to say is that "Pirates 5" is already in the works. Can't anyone wait to see if the movie is a success first? I think it was said best before elsewhere on the forum, every studio wants its "James Bond" series that lasts for 50 years!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 2:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>