Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > PIRATES of the CAROB-BEAN #4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

YO, HO...HEAVE HO??!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YO, HO...HEAVE HO??!?!?
    Posted: May 12 2011 at 3:09pm
So we should wait until May 20 before upgrading this to an official forum. I can't say if the reviews will descend, but as usual, if they do... *falters*
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 5:50am
Originally posted by GTAHater767

So we should wait until May 20 before upgrading this to an official forum. I can't say if the reviews will descend, but as usual, if they do... *falters*

The question is should this be upgraded to an official forum? It currently seems to be in the 60's on RT, It will probably descent to the low 50's or somewere in the 40's. Is that bad enough to give it a forum?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 11:40am
I say no. I was afraid of sounding like moviewizguy by saying this shouldn't be upgraded. I tend to look more at the reviews, while many others also focus on who the movies star and what the films remind them of. Personally, I like when movies with negative reviews are given the highest priority, because then the list of bad movies nominated come the following winter really are the worst the film industry has to offer.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 2:04pm
The reason why this movie would be Razzie worthy is because of descending quality of the series in the past. The original movie was great, with a developed story, likable characters, and clever dialogue, but then the sequels were painful because all they did was rely on rehashing scenes and lines from the first movie ... and also using a metric-ton of CGI. If they were already falling back on the original movie by the time of the FIRST sequel, what are they going to do with this THIRD sequel? Plus, there's the ever haunting "curse of the fourth installment of the movie series", usually resulting with the worst installment of the series, ie. "Batman & Robin", "Star Wars: Phantom Menace", "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "Indiana Jones 4", etc. In my opinion, this movie is worthy of its own forum. The worst that can happen is that we're proven wrong, it'll be among the 1 out of 10 times that the Razzies are wrong in choosing a Worst Movie of the Weak. 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 3:51pm
That's fine until it gets nominated without deserving it simply because the voters knew its name. Drive Angry 3D was one thing. Less than half as many people knew about it. I still remember At World's End, Book of Secrets, and Transformers 1 (I only dislike Revenge of the Fallen). There were many worse movies released in 2007 that deserved nominations, including Alvin & the Chipmunks, Georgia Rule, Delta Farce, Resident Evil: Extinction, The Seeker: The Dark is Rising, The Comebacks, and even Saw IV. For all I know, On Stranger Tides, Scream 4, and Drive Angry 3D could rob a deserving movie like Just Go With It or Red Riding Hood of a nomination, and it wouldn't reflect the worst the film industry had to offer this year.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:10pm
You're jumping a little ahead of us, GTAHater. I only said "On Stranger Tides" should get its own forum ... not that it should be a shoe-in for Worst Picture (although maybe Worst Sequel).
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Plus, there's the ever haunting "curse of the fourth installment of the movie series", usually resulting with the worst installment of the series, ie. "Batman & Robin", "Star Wars: Phantom Menace", "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "Indiana Jones 4", etc.
The original STAR WARS trilogy and the prequel trilogy are often considered separate series.The same with the X-MEN trilogy and the ORIGINS movies.But yeah,you're right.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Vits

The original STAR WARS trilogy and the prequel trilogy are often considered separate series.The same with the X-MEN trilogy and the ORIGINS movies.But yeah,you're right.
First of all, as much as I would like to cosider them separate series, the truth of the matter is that they are prequels, and they are part of the chronological events of the overall series, unlike reboots like Nolan's Batman movies or the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Secondly, based on the order that they were filmed and released, they are the fourth installments of the series. And finally ... they just plan sucked!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 5:29pm
For May 1, 2009, how angry were you that Ghosts of Girlfriends Past got a forum here instead of Origins: Wolverine?

And on jumping ahead, if the reviews are below 15% approval, it's a shoe-in for something. For movies whose names everyone knows, if they get below 30% approval, it's usually a shoe-in for something, and if it gets a forum here, that 30% jumps to about 50%. Which is why I'm hoping On Stranger Tides won't get a forum here under current circumstances.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 9:08pm
I wasn't at all angry at the "Ghosts Of Girlfriends' Past" over "Origins: Wolverine" thing, mostly because I saw "GOGP" as just another rehashing of "A Christmas Carol", and we all know how much Hollywood LOVES public domain material (they can rehash it every ten years ... or every 6 months!). I'll take a bad comic book movie over Hollywood reaching into it's bag of public domain tricks for the millionth time. For example: this year, I'd gladly see "X-Men: First Class" over the 10 billionth adaptation of "The Three Musketeers", but that's just me.

As for RT, I don't care if 50% is considered "fresh", as far as I'm concerned, anything at 50% or below is up for Razzie grabs!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 9:38pm
Why 50% instead of 35%? There are enough movies below 35% to take up all the nominations every year. If you would want a movie with 46% (merely below average) to get nominations, especially in lieu of a movie with maybe 26% (putting it generously), why? I'm asking because I've always been confused about that.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Why 50% instead of 35%? There are enough movies below 35% to take up all the nominations every year. If you would want a movie with 46% (merely below average) to get nominations, especially in lieu of a movie with maybe 26% (putting it generously), why? I'm asking because I've always been confused about that.
I don't know. I just see 50% as not good or bad, it's the half way point. So anything below 50% should be considered bad, in my opinion.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 11:07am
GTAhater, It has now dropped to 40%, If it were to near the 35% (by having something like 36/37%) would you agree with it getting a forum?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Vheid

GTAhater, It has now dropped to 40%, If it were to near the 35% (by having something like 36/37%) would you agree with it getting a forum?
It has a little over 40 reviews so far, almost 30 saying it's rotten. If this trend keeps up, I think it's safe to say that it's one of ours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12