Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > AMERICAN CAROL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Yo, Zuker-Man...Where’s the FUNNY?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yo, Zuker-Man...Where’s the FUNNY?!?!?
    Posted: October 21 2008 at 3:00pm
I'm just curious...Michael Moore recently released a new film which is available for free download on the internet...it is related to the 2008 elections, although I haven't downloaded and watched it yet...has anyone done so?...and if you haven't, would anyone like the web address for the download? I have it available and can post it here if anyone is interested.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 7:54am

...That's news to me. I don't know anything about it.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 3:21am

Here is the link to the movie, entitled Slacker Uprising:

http://slackeruprising.com/

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 9:47am

I was about to....I'm watching a lot of documentaries this month. I loved Fahrenheit 9/11 and Sicko and Streetwise and, just yesterday, Who Killed The Electric Car. I still have yet to watch F is for Fake....that's a lot of documentaries.

And I also loved Supersize Me.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 3:15pm

"Educational" documentaries can be fun to watch if the filmmakers give them a comedic spin... 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I was about to....I'm watching a lot of documentaries this month. I loved Fahrenheit 9/11 and Sicko and Streetwise and, just yesterday, Who Killed The Electric Car. I still have yet to watch F is for Fake....that's a lot of documentaries. I also loved Supersize Me.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2008 at 1:19pm

Conservatism and movies: two things that don't seem to go well together.

jbron8 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jbron8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 12:52pm
It doesn't look very good, but I still may see it when it's out on DVD. I'm interested in it...
CptnHotsauce View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CptnHotsauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 8:32pm
MiguelAntilsu: this is not a matter about Conservatism and movies, rather political satire and comedy in general seem to be their problem. I need only to point to the Half Hour News Hour, when the Fox News Channel thought it could compete with The Daily Show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12