Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > HILARY DUFF in a BONNIE & CLYDE REMAKE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

You’ve GOT to be kidding...PLEASE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You’ve GOT to be kidding...PLEASE!
    Posted: February 03 2009 at 4:08pm

We're not sure if it's a sick joke -- or an actually planned, horribly ill-advised remake-from-Hell. But the idea of replacing Faye Dunaway from the 1967 original BONNIE & CLYDE with 4-time RAZZIE® nominee Hilary Duff as Bonnie Parker suggests that, if it ever does get made, it'll be a contender, fer sher.

And just to show what a class act Duff is, here's a LINK to the item that first brought the project to our attention, in which Duff mercilessly trashes her far-more-talented predecessor in the role...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 2:52am

Remaking Bonnie and Clyde is bad enough. But Hillary Duff? N-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!!!!!

Write your Congressmen! Create petitions! Call out the National Guard! Let's organize a march on Hollywood! I'll bring the torches...somebody else get the pitchforks!

This remake stuff has just gone too far!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2009 at 1:20pm

I think Faye Dunaway said it best: "Couldn't they have at least choosen a REAL actress?".

What's next, a reunion of Dane Cook and Jessica Alba in a remake of "Gone With The Wind"?!

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2009 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Michaels

What's next, a reunion of Dane Cook and Jessica Alba in a remake of
"Gone With The Wind"?!

Oh dear, do not give them ideas!
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2009 at 9:13am
Ooooh Oooooh... Wouldn't it kick ass if for Clyde, they got all 3 Jonas Brothers!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?1??!!?!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!!?!!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 2:28am

I found this rant from Youtube which pretty much expresses our hatred of movie remakes. For most part, he's dead on why remakes suck. Warning: he also drops alot of F-bombs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iHVmKwmwYI

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 4:39pm
Dont all sh*t on me...but I am excited for this film. I always thought Hilary Duff was a talented young actress, who for some reason was nominated for three years in a row (ok, ok, she deserved it for Material Girls) but besides that film she never given a bad performance. Bonnie & Clyde is one of my favorite films but I have done a lot of research on the real people and the Faye/ Warren film is not historically acurat in the slightest. And I dont even comsider this new film a remake but just another movie based on Bonnie and Clyde. Oh and Kevin Zegers from Transamerica and Michael Madsen are apparently in the film and both are great actors. Can't wait to see how this goes.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 5:44pm

Originally posted by wolfee37

Dont all sh*t on me...but I am excited for this film. I always thought Hilary Duff was a talented young actress, who for some reason was nominated for three years in a row (ok, ok, she deserved it for Material Girls) but besides that film she never given a bad performance. Bonnie & Clyde is one of my favorite films but I have done a lot of research on the real people and the Faye/ Warren film is not historically acurat in the slightest. And I dont even comsider this new film a remake but just another movie based on Bonnie and Clyde. Oh and Kevin Zegers from Transamerica and Michael Madsen are apparently in the film and both are great actors. Can't wait to see how this goes.

I'm not going to s*it on you, but you're going to be the odd man out on this one. Historically inacurat or not, the original "Bonnie & Clyde" is a classic in filmmaking history, and this remake won't bring anything to the table that will out shine the Faye/Warren version.

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Michaels

I'm not going to s*it on you, but you're going to be the odd man out on this one. Historically inacurat or not, the original "Bonnie & Clyde" is a classic in filmmaking history, and this remake won't bring anything to the table that will out shine the Faye/Warren version.

Yeah. But I don't like to judge films before I see a trailer. I say lets all just wait and see...the film could be good.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 3:54pm

Originally posted by wolfee37

Yeah. But I don't like to judge films before I see a trailer. I say lets all just wait and see...the film could be good.

I'll warn you now, EVERYONE will be comparing it to the original, no matter if it's good or not. The original is iconic and a landmark in film making at the time. Remaking it would be like remaking "Citizen Kane" with Dane Cook, or "Gone With The Wind" with Adam Sandler and Jessica Simpson, it will pale in comparsion. Consider this dead on arrival with critics and movie goers alike. Maybe next they can remake "Slumdog Millionaire", it's almost an entire year old! Hell, while they are at it, why don't they just remake every film on the AFI's 100 Best Movies List?

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 4:59pm

Ummm, as long as Hillary Duff is being cast as Bonnie, how about Clyde the orangutan from Every Which Way But Loose as Clyde? We are all aware that remakes blow anyway, so why not just take the thing right over the top?

And hey, if we are ever going to remake Gone With the Wind, the only reasonable "actor" to cast as Rhett Butler is Larry the Cable Guy. He has approximately the correct accent.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 1:31am
Oh yes, I can see it now with the Larry the Cable Guy version: "Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" would be reduced to "Hey, lady, git her done!".
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 4:05am
Here is a direct quote from the Trivia section of the IMDB page for the guy playing Clyde:
"Became very good friends with Backstreet Boy Nick Carter after meeting on the set of Hollow, The (2004)."

...Ahem...

Again, I COULD reference my pre-trailer perception of Heath Ledger as the Joker in saying, "Well, I could be wrong" but seriously... This has no hope. If they make and market it as something that isn't that serious, or something along the lines as one of those "Modern" Shakespear movies, or if they go some entirely different way with it than might be expected, then maybe... as long as they're not expecting movie history here it might be forgivable. Well, to most people, not to me, I'm way too sick of money that could be invested in things that are so much more deserving.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 12:07pm
Unless Hilary Duff gives a Jennifer Hudson or Health Ledger performance, AKA a win every award there is for acting in a movie performance, this movie is pure suck. And Michael Madsen lost all respect and credit after starring in a Uwe Boll movie.
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Again, I COULD reference my pre-trailer perception of Heath Ledger as the Joker in saying, "Well, I could be wrong" but seriously... This has no hope. If they make and market it as something that isn't that serious, or something along the lines as one of those "Modern" Shakespear movies, or if they go some entirely different way with it than might be expected, then maybe... as long as they're not expecting movie history here it might be forgivable. Well, to most people, not to me, I'm way too sick of money that could be invested in things that are so much more deserving.

I have to agree here. If Hollywood really has all this money to toss around, give it to me, I could really use the millions of dollars that they keep tossing at this idiotic projects.

Although, I have come to acknowledge bad movies as having their place in the world. They fit in to my theory of Evil. As such, it takes the bad movies to appreciate the good. If there weren't any "Street Fighters" or "Speed Racers", would we really ever appreciate the "Dark Knights" or the "Gone With the Winds". Otherwise, those would just be regular movies. 

Perhaps I'm off base a bit there, but as much as some movies make me want to gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons, the Uwe Bolls of the world are needed, so that Chris Nolan can look even better. So that we can be reminded just how great the greats were.

So in the end, I suppose I say this to Hollywood. "Put Hilary Duff in Bonnie and Clyde, watch the movie fail, but know that its failure will elevate other movies to their deserved place of greatness."

Ok.... I'm probably just insane.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2009 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I have to agree here. If Hollywood really has all this money to toss around, give it to me, I could really use the millions of dollars that they keep tossing at this idiotic projects.

Although, I have come to acknowledge bad movies as having their place in the world. They fit in to my theory of Evil. As such, it takes the bad movies to appreciate the good. If there weren't any "Street Fighters" or "Speed Racers", would we really ever appreciate the "Dark Knights" or the "Gone With the Winds". Otherwise, those would just be regular movies. 

Perhaps I'm off base a bit there, but as much as some movies make me want to gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons, the Uwe Bolls of the world are needed, so that Chris Nolan can look even better. So that we can be reminded just how great the greats were.

So in the end, I suppose I say this to Hollywood. "Put Hilary Duff in Bonnie and Clyde, watch the movie fail, but know that its failure will elevate other movies to their deserved place of greatness."

Ok.... I'm probably just insane.

Okay, what you're saying is that H-Wood is making this Hilary Duff version of "Bonnie and Clyde" so that we will better appreciate the Faye/Warrn version? You might be onto something there, because that makes no sense whatsoever, so it MUST be Hollywood's logic!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>