Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > CHARLIE ST. CLOUD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Zac. We Hardly Knew Ye...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zac. We Hardly Knew Ye...
    Posted: August 04 2010 at 4:53pm
FOR ONCE, IT LOOKS LIKE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ALUM ZAC EFRON MAY NOT BE the MAIN REASON ONE of HIS OWN MOVIES IS WORTHY of RAZZIE® ATTENTION. WITH CHARLIE ST. CLOUDEFRON TAKES ANOTHER STAB at MOVING BEYOND the BUBBLE-GUM IDOL STATUS HIS CAREER HAS KINDA BEEN STUCK IN... 

AND ACCORDING to REVIEWS,  EFRON's ALRIGHT -- IT's the MOVIE THAT STINKS! CALLED EVERYTHING from "an ESPECIALLY DRIPPY HALLMARK CARD" to "MAUDLIN and UNINTENTIONALLY HILARIOUS," ST. CLOUD LANDED with a SEMI-THUD at the BOX OFFICE, and LOOKS to BEAT a FAST PATH to DVD. 

SO, IF YOU CAN RESIST BASHING ZAC (and EVEN IF YOU CAN'T RESIST!) PLEASE USE the SPACE BELOW to BELLOW ABOUT HOW JERKY a TEAR-JERKER CHARLIE IZ...

DIRECTOR: "Okay, Zac -- This grave is where our 
careers end up if you don't make this film a hit..."

EFRON: "But critics are saying my career may survive, 
but your direction of this means your career deserves  
to be buried..."  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2010 at 6:05pm
All along, I knew Revenge of Kitty Galore would be the worst movie for July 30. I thought this would be better than Dinner for Schmucks, but I guess not. Could this movie be in for one RAZZIE nomination for the director? Dinner for Schmucks at least turned out average.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2010 at 8:55pm
I saw this movie with a friend for the purpose of making fun of it... and we had a blast riffing on this movie MST3K-style!

Efron isn't terrible in it; he's just average. I'm not really sure what's gonna happen to his career.

Anyway, the movie in general is absolutely horrific! It tries so hard to play up to an emotional/tearjerker and fails miserably thanks to the ridiculous plot (if you can actually find the plot that kinda-sorta exists), the awfully ridiculous plot holes along the way, and the fact that its completely soulless and devoid of actual emotion and humanity (a true irony for this kind of film!).

Glad to see this movie get its own forum!
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 9:23am
Zac Efron is a promising young actor. He deserves better material than this.
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 9:57am

At least, his torso deserves better!  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Zac Efron is a promising young actor. He deserves better material than this.
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 11:28am
Promising? More like flash in the pan. Hollywood needs to cash in on his pretty boy looks while he still has them, and teenage girls still want to drool over him.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 12:43pm
My thoughts on Zac Efron after watching the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL "trilogy" were the same as all of yours. And he was the same in HAIRSPRAY! But he was good in 17 AGAIN. And since the director is the same,I've been waiting for this movie for about a month. But I forgot the most important rule in movies: Although directing, performances and technical aspects help, a movie's quality relies a lot in the script. And since this is supposed to be a movie made only to make people cry...  

Oh,I forgot! Even though I liked 17 AGAIN(60%), I put it on my "Good and average movies with bad directing" list. So I think I should avoid this as much as IGBY GOES DOWN.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 2:07pm
I always wanted to see Igby Goes Down. 

On topic, Zac Efron looks disgusting in that picture. His torso suggests he's a 2 decade old man with no fat, but his face and hair? I know a 6 decade old Argentinian man with that exact same hair and a loosely similar face to how that picture made Efron look.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 4:35pm
But Zac's a good actor. Watch 17 Again and Hairspray (especially the former). He's more than just a pretty boy. His lowest rated movie on RT (before Charlie St. Cloud) was High School Musical 2, with a mere 50% -- which is pretty good for an actor so many people love to hate! 

whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2010 at 9:05pm
Zac Efron reminds me of former Razzie magnet Christopher Atkins... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those who don't get the reference, here's an IMDb LINK for the "awards" page regarding Atkins...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 8:05pm
Zac's a good actor?? Yeah, 50%, that's what, half good and half suck? Yeah, that's something to gloat about...
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2010 at 9:05am
That's problem with actors like Efron today, since we've entered the Hollywood version of the Dark Ages (where Box-Office reciepts and hackdom dominate the lands) actors like these are doomed to remain typecast just (to quote one of my all time favourite movies 'Fargo') 'for a little bit of money'.

Trust me it's gonna take someone with balls of steel and strong talent to face the Hollywood executives and tell them that enough is enough and demand they return to originality (like that small minority untouched by hackdom)... just like in the good old days.
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2010 at 11:37am
With "Typecast" you mean he'll always portray pretty boys?He kinda has too,because he is.His characters aren't the same over and over,although there are some similarities between TROY BOLTON and LINK LARKIN.He did the right thing when he passed on FOOTLOOSE to avoid typecast.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Vits

With "Typecast" you mean he'll always portray pretty boys?He kinda has too,because he is.His characters aren't the same over and over,although there are some similarities between TROY BOLTON and LINK LARKIN.He did the right thing when he passed on FOOTLOOSE to avoid typecast.
It might have to come to him following in Jackie Earle Haley's footsteps by waiting many years until he is older and less pretty boy so that he might finally star in something dark, gritty, and serious. Otherwise, he's just a pretty boy for the remember of his career.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 3:53am
yeah agreed now... but would you tell me this: When was Zac Efron creating problems in the movies ???? 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 11:02am
Originally posted by ziesha

yeah agreed now... but would you tell me this: When was Zac Efron creating problems in the movies ???? 
He wasn't. I'm saying one day he won't have the good looks that he has now to fall back on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>