Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > VENOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Zombies Bomb Multiplexes - Film @ 11!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zombies Bomb Multiplexes - Film @ 11!
    Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:30pm

Yeah, just what we needed this year -- ANOTHER Not-So-Scary, Deriviative Horror Movie   ...or wait, should that be HORRIBLE Movie??   Let us know yer THOUGHTZ...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 7:57am
I had no idea this was a Zombie movie. I was hoping for "The Adventures of Paul Sarone: Partly Decayed Snake Hunter" starring Jon Voight ( C'mon he winked..... he's alive).
Frigidus View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Frigidus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 2:36pm

This is not a zombie movie--it's a slasher flick in the vein of FRIDAY THE 13th, and that's why it is bad.

The only one who can size a movie up by its trailer.
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2005 at 8:13am

Zombies or just dead people that drive trucks -- WHO CARES? Bottom Line -- This is ANOTHER Ultra-Lame, Incredibly LAZY Horror Movie...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:03am
I notice NO ONE is defending VENOM here...So, is it as AWFUL as it looks from the adz and reviews?!?!?!
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:06am

Responding to a couple of previous posts: Yo, HeadRAZZberry, I think you've UNDER-estimated the number of lousy horror flicks this year. isn't it more like 537??  And for JoBloMovieGoer: The quick answer to your query is...YES!

#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 9:32am
Hey, for a standard-issue, back-from-the-dead, paint-by-the-numbers, run-of-the-mill, no-cliches-left-unused horror movie, VENOM wasn't THAT bad...I mean, it's not like it was ALONE IN THE DARK bad...
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
thorshammer View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote thorshammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:51am
This wasn't nominated?
Jessica S View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jessica S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 12:18am

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by JoBloMovieGoer

I notice NO ONE is defending VENOM here...So, is it as AWFUL as it looks from the adz and reviews?!?!?!

It's probably too late to respond to this because I haven't gotten around watching this until around summer of last year and I must say, it's a pretty entertaining film with some smart ideas from your usual slasher film. It's like a voodoo slasher flick which presents a range of possibilities for the movie to play with and it used them quite well. I love the spells and the New Orleans setting was perfect. Oh, a Laura Ramsey was great as always (too bad she wasn't the main role). As a person who adores the slasher genre, I'm probably not the best person to get an opinion from but it's in the least entertaining and if you're bored and alone in the middle of the day with nothing to do, this can cheer you up.
dzenkinrob View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dzenkinrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 2:54am
This movie isn't so bad. Of course there could be some improvements but still it is not so bad as some of you may say :) 
We will take care of your health: rosacea treatment and best acne products
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2010 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by dzenkinrob

This movie isn't so bad. Of course there could be some improvements but still it is not so bad as some of you may say :) 
So long as those "improvements" were a different script, a different cast, a different director, etc. But this movie is from 5 years ago and it's all but forgotten already, so you really can't complain much about it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply