Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > ZOOM!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ZOOM Goes Boom...and BUST?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZOOM Goes Boom...and BUST?!?!?!
    Posted: August 04 2006 at 5:01am

IF THIS, SHAGGY DOG and SANTA CLAUSE 3 HADN'T GOTTEN TIM ALLEN a NOMINATION for WORST ACTOR of 2006, WE'D HAVE DEMANDED a RECOUNT!  OH, AND 100% of the CRITICS at ROTTEN TOMATOES AGREE: THIS PICTURE RILLY SUX!!

Tim Allen: "See, kids, we Jerry-rigged this film, grafting plot elements and effects from other, more original movies, thus creating a sort of Frankenstein's Monster of a family film..."

UPDATE (11/21/06): ZOOM now ranks #2 on the IMDb's 100 WORST Movies of All Time list. Here's a LINK to check out the complete list...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 1:29pm
I can see why Fox tried to sue Sony: After seeing the trailer and reading up on this, it does look like a cheap rip-off of X-MEN. 
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 4:54pm

What's next for Tacky Tim?  Santa Clauski, The North Pole?????????

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, SANTA CLAUSE 3: THE ESCAPE CLAUSE is due for release on November 3. I just saw a full-length trailer for it at a matinée today, and I must say, it sure LOOKS like a RAZZIE Contender: Martin Short as Jack Frost looks like he may be even more deserving of a nod than Tim Allen -- Only question is, will Short's character belong in Worst Actor or Worst Supporting Actor? According to the IMDb,  Ann-Margret is also in it, but was nowhere to be seen in the promo...hmmm...

Seeing the trailer got me to wondering: Why on Earth did they make a THIRD entry in this series? I thought I remembered that SANTA CLAUSE 2 had bombed (I do remember it SUCKED!). Then I went to check on B.O. MoJo, and found out that the first SANTA CLAUSE made $144 million domestic, and the second...$139 million. Maybe move-goers' willingness to go see crap like this is at least partly to blame for Hollywood churning out one drecky sequel after another?? 

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 2:59pm

The saddest thing about Tim Allen is that he can't seem to find any good movie to do. Whenever I watch the two TOY STORY movies, they just remind me how good he once was...   

Response from Head RAZZberry: Well, the daze when Tim Allen made anything worthwhile seem to be over -- Among his up-coming projects is something set to start shooting next March entitled IN THE PINK, in which he and Cher are apparently set to play the parents of...Britney Spears. According to The IMDb, Bette Midler is also set to appear in it...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 12:19pm

Yeah, seriously, Tim should stick to voice-over work.

Wait, only Fox sued? Geez, it's probably full of so many other unoriginal ideas, why doesn't the entire film industry sue?

Originally posted by sportsartist24

The saddest thing about Tim Allen is that he can't seem to find any good movie to do. Whenever I watch the two TOY STORY movies, they just remind me how good he once was...   

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 12:04pm

As a Razzie member, I feel almost obligated to see something that looks this awful, but my ten-year-old refuses to go with me...which actually makes me kinda proud of him! 

Everything SUX!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 3:25am
Well, my 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter want to see it anyways. The good news is they have no problem in waiting till it hits the markdown ($2 bucks) theatre. And as bad as it looks, we should see it there by the end of this month!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Response from Head RAZZberry: Well, the daze when Tim Allen made anything worthwhile seem to be over -- Among his up-coming projects is something set to start shooting next March entitled IN THE PINK, in which he and Cher are apparently set to play the parents of...Britney Spears. According to The IMDb, Bette Midler is also set to appear in it...

This looks like it could "sweep" the 2007 RAZZIES for sure! Anyways, I thought Cher retired? Also, it may  get delayed if K-Fed knocks Britney up again!!!

Words to live by:
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 2:06pm
I remember Allen did a decent job in a film called "Who is Cletus Tout?" which portended a decent career in indies. Unfortunately, he didn't take the hint...   
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 10:34am

Oh My Freakin' God !!!! ZOOM is sitting at a all time low of ZERO% over at Rotten Tomatoes. RAZZ, I think you may have found the movie you've been waiting to nail Tim On. Shaggy Dog looks like Gone with the Wind compared to this!!!

Zoom Movie Stills: Tim Allen, Courteney Cox, Rip Torn, Peter Hewitt

Response from Head RAZZberry: The only other film in recent memory to score a ZERO on RT was Roberto Benigni's PINOCCHIO, which went on to take 6 RAZZIE® nominations (including Worst Picture) and "won" Worst Actor of 2002 for Benigni... 

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Response from Head RAZZberry: The only other film in recent memory to score a ZERO on RT was Roberto Benigni's PINOCCHIO, which went on to take 6 RAZZIE® nominations (including Worst Picture) and "won" Worst Actor of 2002 for Benigni... 

Well, right now Tim Allen seems to be in a pretty close race with Rob Schneider (for his horrid performance in "Benchwarmers"). I have a feeling it will be very hard for Razzie members to decide whom to vote for, at least in the Worst Actor category! Clearly, no one person's awful performance really stands out!!!

Words to live by:
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 4:42am
Why are the children dressed like sperm in that photo?
luvtherazzies View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote luvtherazzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 5:16am
Isn't that Spencer Breslin as the fat kid? He has an award all his own and very much deserves it.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 5:24am

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Why are the children dressed like sperm in that photo?

Maybe Sony did not have a big enough budget on wardrobe after blowing it on Tim Allen's paycheck!

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 9:29am
You're not going to believe this, but I just checked RT to see  any more reviews of ZOOM. Not only have there been no additional reviews to the 20 posted on Friday...one was retracted. Now it's down to 19 (Still at 0% approval). I guess this movie was so bad, at least one critic did not want his or her name associated with it in any way...

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 2:32am

Checked out RT this morning; Good news is, the review that was missing came back (still rotten) plus 3 more. Even better news: ZOOM is still at a big fat 0% approval rating (I wonder if the meter can go into negative numbers, like -66%). 

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>