Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > ZOOM!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ZOOM Goes Boom...and BUST?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZOOM Goes Boom...and BUST?!?!?!
    Posted: August 15 2006 at 10:02am
UPDATE: 2 more new reviews at RT on ZOOM which make its new Grand Total RT Score... 0% postive (or this could be read as +100% negative). I bet Sony is going to try to look at it that way, after they bitch slap (with a capitol "B") the person who green lit this modern day classic of trash cinema!
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 10:25am

UPDATE: 2 more reviews...and still a whopping 0% percent! Can somebody ple-e-e-e-e-ase put this film out of its misery!!! As  of this writing, this movie has accumulated a total net box office of $5,702,372. It may just beat out "BI-2" as worst overall B.O. of 2006. I am pretty sure it already beats out "BI-2" on per screen average!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, Sharon (sank-like-a) Stone's sequel had a total take of $5,851,188, so ZOOM (which is still averaging $500,000+ per day) will pass BI-2 some time in the next few daze.  On a daily/per-screen basis, BI-2 may have set an all-time record low: It was down to just $74 per theatre (meaning 10 tickets or less per day) before they stopped tracking it on April 16, 2006. Here's a LINK for BI-2's accumulated B.O. broken down into daily numbers...

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 5:49pm
Razz, is there Any other movie (besides Benigni's Pinocchio) that totally
flatlined at Rotten Tomatoes?

It's just astonishing to see it stuck at "0"! Not that it doesn't deserve it.

And, are we still waiting for the Fool, Er, Tool Man's third strike this
year..."Santa Clauski, the North Pole...
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 2:01pm
Oh oh, Tim also has co-writer credit, which means a possible double Razzie!
According to an interview, Tim was peddling the movie almost three years ago as a "Galaxy Quest" like movie.  There were  many rewrites due to alleged copyright infingement.  The producers of "X-Men" according to Tim;  "didn't understand what parody meant",  and Tim said "he couldn't do certain things like wear an eyepatch".
I was impressed by what Tim Allen said about superheros;, "just what do they do?, hang around the superhero firehouse waiting for a train to derail?".    Sounds to me like he was being satirical, but what if the movie isn't seen like that?   Galaxy Quest was good, and he was good as well, but unless you were a Trekkie, you didn't "get" all the inside jokes.  
We'll just have to wait and see the movie.
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 2:13pm
[QUOTE=ITbeast]UPDATE: 2 more new reviews at RT on ZOOM which make its new Grand Total RT Score... 0% postive (or this could be read as +100% negative).
  I thought there were at least two almost positive, and two "could've been better"  reviews.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 9:09am
43 reviews still = 0% positive!  Maybe we can create a new category: "Worst Reviewed Movie of the Year" !!!

Words to live by:
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 1:57pm

Yeah, great Idea!    Everyone seemed to like Tim Allen's idea 3 years ago...but not now. It's been done already...and badly.   

Originally posted by ITbeast

43 reviews still = 0% positive!  Maybe we can create a new category: "Worst Reviewed Movie of the Year" !!!

RayMel1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote RayMel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 7:49am
Is Disney trying to make Tim Allen the next Dean Jones?
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 11:32am
Poor Dean Jones. After making the original "Love Bug," he was never again considered a serious actor again.  Are you reading this, Tim?   
bobw View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 6:09pm
I am honestly surpised that this turkey is not up for a razzie or two!
It takes millions to make a good movie, it costs millions to make a bad one!
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 3:38am
ZOOM I thought looked a little like Sky High and some of The X-Men in it I guess The Writer thought you would put the two together and make a Movie
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 4:33am

Personally, I think the writer was just plain LAZZZYYY and did not want to put an effort into the script and just said, "Oh Well!". RAZZ, what I do not understand is how ZOOM managed to escape the wrath of the Razzies!!! (With the one exception with the Nod to Tim Allen, and actually that is a 1/3rd Nod because he is sharing it with with his other 2 achievements for this year) Tim did not screw this up by himself, he had help from the supporting cast (Chevy Chase and half the kids), Plus the creativity department (Writer, director, etc..). I am still shacking my head how it escaped, it has RAZZIE written all over it (It did not even make the preliminary ballot!!!). Whats up with that!. Anyways I guess I am just cranky because my Wife and Kids (Again, no relation to the canceled T.V. Show) are making me pick it up at Fry's today. Pray for ME!!!

Words to live by:
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 5:18am
Guess it one that we did not vote on I guess Razzing Tim Allen for Zoom along with The Shaggy Dog and The Santa Clause 3 was justice enough yea I am sure with Zoom they won't run out of to many Copies lease you will get one. I also found out that Tim Allen got $12,000,000 for Joe Somebody if that his pay scale per Picture wow that means for The Three Movies that we Razzied him for that means he got $36,000,000 whew guess you can't blame him for doing these Movies.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 7:35am
Just to let you know how fast ZOOM  is selling that when I went to the New Releases Isle at Fry's there was none there. So I went to their main Video Department and asked the guy who worked in that isle. His response was "When did that come out?", He then asked me who was in it and when was it released on Video. After looking it up in his computer it was literally buried in a remote corner of an isle that nobody in their right mind would have ever figured it was their in the first place. He then handed me a copy out of 5 (It looked like the 5 that someone had put out the night before), Anyways I saw it was $20 and handed it back to him. I called my wife that there was no way I was paying $20 for ZOOM (She said fine and would look at Wal-mart or Target to see if it was cheaper). So instead of picking up that &^^$$$#? Garbage I picked up "The Departed" Special Edition instead.

Words to live by:
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 10:54am

I also got Departed Widerscreen, and I also brought Ghost Rider soundtrack over at Best Buy. If I wanted Zoom which I don't I would tape of HBO or Starz on my DVD.

Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 10:59pm
I hate to say it but Zoom isnt sitting on 0% anymore on rotten tomatoes. Its sitting now on a dismal 2% but it still isnt 0%.
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>