Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > ZOOM!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ZOOM Goes Boom...and BUST?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZOOM Goes Boom...and BUST?!?!?!
    Posted: February 20 2007 at 5:28am
It could have been the director putting it up in a last-ditch effort to get anything good out of it, knowing that unless he's got strong ties to the brass, they're not going to call him again after doing this for a good long while. 
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 7:41am
I am very surprised that Chevy Chase, who has made many terrible movies, has never gotten a razzie nomination. I think he deserved a long overdue nomination for worst supporting actor in ZOOM. He was worse than Danny Devito, and should have taken Devito's place.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 4:47am
Truthfully, I don't really think Chevy really cares much about it anymore.  He seems rather frustrated that they shoehorned him into the wacky guy role every single time, combined with his own acute bad judgement over the years--you can sense a certain degree of bitterness with him whenever he gives interviews--and that they never gave him the chance to do the dramatic bits he wanted to try, so he's resigned to whatever rubbish they toss at him next. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 5:14am
One last bit:  in Chev's recently released authorized biography (meaning several things may be exaggerated), he complains they cut a load of his material out of the theatrical cut without telling him at all (and that's necessarily a bad thing in this case?).  Not surprisingly, he does seem to be thoroughly humiliated by the end result, and it's dismissed in 3 sentences. 
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 1:07pm
Does Chase say anything about Funny Money?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 9:26am
This was actually worse than "Basic Instinct 2"!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2007 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Does Chase say anything about Funny Money?

Not too much really, but he does say on a related note that he was essentially tricked into Vegas Vacation, that Warners simply had him signed for a general concept, and then worked it into another Griswold flick at the last second behind his back.  He also thinks Terry Semel has a part in the decline of roles offered to him, reportedly stemming from an incident in the early 90s where, as he tells it, Semel took his wife's seat at a reception and flew into a blind "You'll never work in this town again" rage when he pointed this out.  Again, being an authorized biography, it would be best to assume there's some truth to it, although somewhat played up in his favor.     

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2008 at 1:32pm

A review for this picture is now at AgonyBooth.com, which has to be the fastest a film's gotten there yet. 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 1:28pm
Actually, "Eragon" beat "Zoom" to the cut at AgonyBooth.com.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 3:22pm
My mistake.  Reading them both over, I'd have to give a slight nod to Eragon; they were at least creative enough to plagarize (and indeed why hasn't Lucas sued them yet?), whereas this was apparently meant specifically to antagonize the audience in revenge for some other film not being watched, and to do so in a way that suggests they only bought a concept back in pitching, fell way behind in planning the real thing, then decided to recoup by filming the first draft in 24 hours.  Seriously, what's the point of having to wait the whole picture for the villain to come out and face him.  You'd still get the same results if he'd popped right out after the credits and at least acted like he was tearing up the country.  Plus, Chevy probably would have fit the lead better than Allen, since he has, as I've noted on this thread before, a genuine cause for grudgery that would have helped the portrayal better.  It would at least have been an improvement over a role that does nothing and becomes the punching bag from everyone else. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 4:20pm
I wish Chevy Chase hadn't been in the movie. Not that I don't like him. But I hate when characters are the target of all the bad things (like ALAN from TWO AND A HALF MEN and TOM ANDERSON from BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD) and we're expected to laugh at such cruelty. 

The directing was so bad. If they couldn't affort to show Spencer Breslin's stomach, use the money you spent on other unnecesary stuff. 

I really thought things were gonna get better with the final fight. Unfortunately, it only lasted like 2 minutes -- and then the bad guy was forgiven for everything! 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 5:54pm
I wish they hadn't made this movie, period. Chevy Chase hasn't been funny since the 80s. Superhero parodies usually suck, and this one has to be on top of the pile of those sh*tty movies. 

Oh, and Spencer Breslin can't act his way out of a wet paper bag!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:02am
I don't think it was a parody.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Vits

I don't think it was a parody.
Really? Because it doesn't work with any other genre, not even by Seltzerberg standards.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 4:35pm
I re-watched.It's not a parody,it's a satire.I give it 3/10.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Vits

I re-watched.It's not a parody,it's a satire.I give it 3/10.
Parody, satire, it sucked either way. Now, if you want a good superhero parody, watch "Sky High". It's one of the few times Disney did something right, without marketing the hell out of it and selling it out every way possible. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>