Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > ZOOM!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ZOOM Scores ZERO from RT Crix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZOOM Scores ZERO from RT Crix
    Posted: August 11 2006 at 3:18am

Here's a LINK to the page for ZOOM on RT. As of opening day, there were NO reviews (meaning the film was so good, they decided not to screen it for critics). The day after it opened, the film was averaging an almost unheard of ZERO Approval Rating **. Past experience tells us this is An Almost  Sure Sign of RAZZIE® Nominations to Come...

** The only other film in recent memory to score a ZERO on RT was Roberto Benigni's PINOCCHIO, which went on to take 6 RAZZIE® nominations (including Worst Picture) and "won" Worst Actor of 2002 for Benigni...

UP-DATE from Head RAZZberry: As of Saturday, August 12, ZOOM was getting a miniscule 2.8 rating (out of a possible 10) from IMDb Users -- Meaning it may qualify for placement among The IMDb Bottom 100 List by Monday morning...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:09am
Here's a LINK to check what the critic for trade paper Hollywood Reporter had to say about ZOOM, and the wonderfully NASTY review in THE NEW YORK POST --  Hint: They ain't pretty!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 11:16am
And here's a LINK to check out User Comments on ZOOM posted at The IMDb...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 4:32am

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Here's a LINK to check what the critic for trade paper Hollywood Reporter had to say about ZOOM --  Hint: it ain't pretty!

When someone says "Ed Wood would have felt comfortable on this set," it is usually a sure indication of waste, and a sure fire RAZZIE nominee!!! 

Response from Head RAZZberry: With as many wretched movies as have come out this year (an average of more than one bad movie a week!) almost nothing is A Sure-Fire RAZZIE Contender for 2006. But the 1-2-3 combination of reviews, box office and word-of-mouth would all seem to be cosmically aligning for ZOOM to make it into multiple categories come next January... 

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 4:56am

Okay....now that I have picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I simply have to share with you all some of the highlights  of what users wrote about ZOOM on the IMDB Date base ...

What could possibly be the motivation for making a film like this?

Highlight: "It is conceivable that a movie about four misfit young people turned superheros could have been made into an enjoyable family film, but someone made a serious wrong turn early in the film-making process here."

I have to be honest...

Highlight: "...I truly hated this movie. Zoom was a terrible movie, at the very least "

Even my 8-year-old was bored...

Highlight: "Zoom is dreck... Of course, when you go to a movie these days and see "Revolution Studios" before the credits, you know you're going to end up with brain-numbing rot."

Another Tim Allen flop

Highlight: "Zoom is one of the worst films released this year and last.You know that is true when you hear someone say the words I'd rather watch Catwoman."

Tim Allen Go Away Please!!!

Highlight commentary: "The only way Zoom could've been worse is if Bob Saget had a cameo." 

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 9:18am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

Response from Head RAZZberry: With as many wretched movies as have come out this year (an average of more than one bad movie a week!) almost nothing is A Sure-Fire RAZZIE Contender for 2006. But the 1-2-3 combination of reviews, box office and word-of-mouth would all seem to be cosmically aligning for ZOOM to make it into multiple categories come next January... 

True...But as you said it has met and in some areas, exceeded in all 3 of the areas to achieve RAZZIE Greatness. You must admit the chances are WAY better than average it will get nominated in at least one category (If not several)!

Words to live by:
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 4:57pm
I can possibly see up to 14 RAZZIE nominations for ZOOM

Worst Picture
Worst DIrector
Worst Actor nods for Tim Allen AND Spencer Breslin
Worst Actress nod for Courtney Cox
Worst Supporting Actor nods for Rip Torn, Chevy Chase, Kevin Zegers and
Michael Cassidy
Worst Supporting Actress nods for Kate Mara and Ryan Newman
Worst Screenplay
Worst On Screen Couple--Tim Allen and ANYONE sharing a scene with
him, and Any 2 of the Zoom Kids

Could be a RAZZIE Record-Breaker!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 9:59am

Well Guys...after much begging and pleading on my part not to see the movie ZOOM...My wife and Kids (No relation the the Damon Wayans/defunct sitcom) along with myself (under much protest) saw Zoom this weekend (For $2.00 at the markdown Theater, Thank God). While it was slightly (and I mean only slightly) better than "Nacho Libre" and "The Benchwarmers" it was a major disappointment. I can why it was raked over the coals by Ebert & Company.

Let me explain a little further...

- You can definitely tell the director either did not care, or decided group directing by everybody else but himself was the best way to go. This decision may have been prompted by the Screenplay (see my next bullet)...

- As far as the screenplay goes, I think that one of 2 scenarios is possible here;

1) These geniuses did not properly research the Graphic Novel thoroughly enough to give the characters depth or emotions (because Zoom had a lot of personal $h!t that could have been way better developed than it was). In the end, they did not care.

2) The screenplay was actually done by "Princess Power"...with water colors!

- This has to be Chevy Chase's all time worst performance ever committed to celluloid! It was like he was on volume 11 for his entire performance, and was not even aware of what was going on around him. You can tell he was in it for one thing, and one thing only...The pay check!

- The only person who was even remotely doing a decent acting job was "Princess Power." None of the other "Zoom Kids" had even a remote idea what acting was!

- The only thing that had any redeeming quality was the soundtrack, with music by "Smashmouth." But there were almost no songs newly recorded for this movie...they were basically using stuff from their various albums that were released years ago.

I could go on and one...but why bother! In short, this movie could have been really good if someone at Revolution had given a DAMN and tried to do it right in the first place.

P.S. My wife and Kids (again, no relation to the Damon Wayans defunct sitcom) thought it was the best movie this year, and are now looking to buy the movie soundtrack (I hope they didn't bother to put one out!) and are looking forward to when ZOOM comes out on DVD -- If only to punish me some more!  

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 11:06am

Hey Guys and Gals; I just came across a very interesting article in variety.com that there is a total of "8" movies in the prestiges 0% percent club at Rotten Tomatoes (ZOOM and Pinocchio among them) that made the grade...just follow the link to find out the rest!

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply